Disapointing Darth Maul
I think darth Maul is awesome but i'm sure you'll agree with me that his fight was disapointing and the fact that he died so soon. Darth Maul is my favourite sith and I would of loved him to have a proper send out before he died.

Anyone agree?
Welcome to the forum.

I'm actually suprised so many people like Darth Maul, I personally find him a somewhat boring character. He doesn't have the dignity of Dooku, and doesn't have the general evilness of Vader, he's basically a snarling weirdo weilding a novelty lightsaber in my opinion. But he could easily be improved, and I'd have a higher view of him if he had more lines and a little less craziness than he does in the film.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Well i didn't expect that! Darth Maul is just such a unique character he has awesome features and i agree that they could have made him better by giving him more battles!
I am happy with the Darth Maul character.
The only thing I am dissappointed with is his lack of dialogue and that he had more dialogue scripted , but it was cut from the film. But even that dosent bother me much anymore.
I like the way he is presented as a warrior in the film and thought that the TPM duel was great. I dont think he needed more battles. He fought Qui Gon on Tatooine and then there was the epic duel at the end. It would be silly if he kept popping up here and there just so he could fight some more.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I disagree when you think about it a sith lord is far greater than a jedi knight! Darth Maul should have been fighting the underwater village before fighting the jedi knights.
haha, Pechark really the main reason why so many people like Maul is because hes the only real character in the SW movies that uses the Jar'Kai style. the mad kicks and dualblade is what most people like about him.

The problem with Darth Maul is his character was never developed in the Ep. I. We are interoduced to him and he literally disappears from the movie for 45 minutes. And by the time we see him agian, the audience has forgetten about him.
Who could forget the first site of his image will not go from your head after 45 minutes. Also as i say the only thing they could have done to make him better is for Darth Maul to fight the underwater city and be the droids leader, and then fight the jedi knights!
In expanded universe Darth Maul came back...In a comic book i saw he came back and he had robotic feet...Kid of weird but what the hell, at least he comes back...
"At last we will have revenge":angry:
smelly yoda Wrote:Who could forget the first site of his image will not go from your head after 45 minutes. Also as i say the only thing they could have done to make him better is for Darth Maul to fight the underwater city and be the droids leader, and then fight the jedi knights!

It was easy to forget. We were introduced to him in dramatic fashion then dumped into a pod race for what seemed like hours.
Somehow i doubt that, didn't every body get excited that a new sith was in town seems it was the first star wars in years. The pod race went on for such a long time that the only thing that kept you interested was the fact that a new sith apprentice was on a mission.
smelly yoda Wrote:I disagree when you think about it a sith lord is far greater than a jedi knight! Darth Maul should have been fighting the underwater village before fighting the jedi knights.

Hmmm...
Why would Maul attack Otoh Gunga in the first place?
It was something simple enough for droids to carry out.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
But the droids didn't win and the emperor was behind it! surely the droids would need a leader to invade a planet!
Darth Maul was an interesting character to me. I think the reason a lot of people like him however is because that was the first time we were introduced to the double-bladed lightsaber. I personally liked Maul because of his fighting techniques and skill.....until he was cut in half.

This is what I'm disappointed in. Obi-Wan can take out Darth Maul, but not Dooku. I know Dooku is older and has more experience with the force, but Darth Maul just seemed to be able to kick a little more butt than Dooku. Obi-Wan fought with great skill against Maul, but in Ep. II he looked less skillful, and the action wasn't near as fast as the Darth Maul fight. I think the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul fight was the best fighting in the whole saga besides the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
I think obey wan hasnt lost any skill. Although i must admit the grievous battle could have been better
smelly yoda Wrote:I think obey wan hasnt lost any skill. Although i must admit the grievous battle could have been better

Oh definately not! I don't think that Obi-Wan lost any skill....if anything, he is older and wiser and probably has more knowledge now of the living force than he did in Ep. I. What I mean is that he was kicking some serious butt in Ep. I, but in Ep II Obi-Wan to me wasn't quite doing it like he was in the previous movie.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
m'kay i partley agree there i suppose he wasnt kicking butt the way that he did in ep. 1 however i think that he was at he's best in ep. 3!
smelly yoda Wrote:m'kay i partley agree there i suppose he wasnt kicking butt the way that he did in ep. 1 however i think that he was at he's best in ep. 3!

That I fully agree with. Obi-Wan was at his best by Episode III and was also a great team with Anakin.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Darth Maul, I felt, was a good character. He was a silent apprentice, who let his actions do the talking. His battle with Qui Gon and Obi Wan was good, although I admit that he should have had more. The fact was, Lucas wanted Episode I to be more child friendly, in preparation for the more sinister Episode II and III. I think Darth Maul was basically Bantha Fodder, put into the movies just so there could be a kick-*** end sequence and to just get a new Sith out. As for the General Grievous battle, that was hugely disappointing. I was expecting him to be a brilliant new character, with flashy moves and a really good storyline to him. In the end he turned out to be a stupid coughing coward, who was killed by a puny blaster. I mean A BLASTER! WHO GETS KILLED BY A BLASTER??!!
hobojesus Wrote:Darth Maul, I felt, was a good character. He was a silent apprentice, who let his actions do the talking. His battle with Qui Gon and Obi Wan was good, although I admit that he should have had more. The fact was, Lucas wanted Episode I to be more child friendly, in preparation for the more sinister Episode II and III. I think Darth Maul was basically Bantha Fodder, put into the movies just so there could be a kick-*** end sequence and to just get a new Sith out. As for the General Grievous battle, that was hugely disappointing. I was expecting him to be a brilliant new character, with flashy moves and a really good storyline to him. In the end he turned out to be a stupid coughing coward, who was killed by a puny blaster. I mean A BLASTER! WHO GETS KILLED BY A BLASTER??!!

haha general greivous i guess, I agree it was a dissapointing battle and i was playing revenge of the sith movie game when star wars was in the cinema and they had a movie clip of obey wan jumping down in front of all those droids (bodyguards droidekas etc.) and i was amazed and i rushed down the cinema as soon as i saw that only to find that he faught a coward! I think it would have been awesome for obeywan to destroy all of those droids! And I guess the fact that greivous had no force is why he got killed by a blaster! also you could only imagine how awesome the battle would be between darth maul and obey wan, and his master if it were to be made today.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: ROGUE ONE LEAKED TRAILER 2 Breakdown! Darth Vader Revealed! A Star Wars Story Movie FilmGuy 0 576 July 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Darth Vader costume badlands 2 996 January 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Darth Vader robs a bank?? Han Solo 1 745 July 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Ray Park aka Darth Maul Stripe 0 931 May 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Darth & Droids RobRoy 0 925 March 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Darth Vader is watching you from the Washington National Cathedral RobRoy 2 1,019 April 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Gollum wannabe
  darth vader video remix sessions.....this is hilarious moonscience 4 1,058 July 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Does Darth Vader have to choke a hoe? chapill 1 1,070 May 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Who's Darth Maul are there any others? smelly yoda 2 554 December 15th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  concept art, i thought you'll like the concept art of darth maul!!! smelly yoda 2 3,314 December 14th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Last Post: smelly yoda