Disapointing Darth Maul
the only part i didnt like about the fight was grievous was his death, it was just sudden, I mean, if i was grievous i would have tried to close up the panel that Obi-Wan opened, or at least tryied to.
I think that greivous lost his hands WAAAAAAAAYYY too easily! I mean if you were like a creature such as general mundi and if mundi had 4 arms he wouldn't lose them that easily to a general!!
To be honest if he was supposed to be this really important guy who lead all the droids and everything why put him in such a shoddily built body? Surely someone thought "Oh, hang on, his heart is easy to get to" or "A butter knife could cut off his arms." I'm sorry for going on so much but I was really excited to see Grievous in action and all I got was a wheezing, coughing coward who got killed by a BLASTER. A BLASTER!!!!!!
Han Solo Wrote:That I fully agree with. Obi-Wan was at his best by Episode III and was also a great team with Anakin.

Absolutely, he was at his best in Ep. III
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Yes he was at his best, I think they could have made the Mace Windu fight much much better also, the emperor looked like a weak old man and the battle was very slow without any fancy moes etc.
Pechark Wrote:I'm actually suprised so many people like Darth Maul, I personally find him a somewhat boring character. He doesn't have the dignity of Dooku, and doesn't have the general evilness of Vader, he's basically a snarling weirdo weilding a novelty lightsaber in my opinion. But he could easily be improved, and I'd have a higher view of him if he had more lines and a little less craziness than he does in the film.

Darth Pechark

I couldn't agree more. He had one line in the whole movie and the only important thing he did was killing Qui-Gon. He's a totally not interesting character. But, to be honest, the whole EpI is quite boring.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
Darth Meela Wrote:I couldn't agree more. He had one line in the whole movie and the only important thing he did was killing Qui-Gon. He's a totally not interesting character. But, to be honest, the whole EpI is quite boring.

I totally DISAGREE!!!! Darth Maul is what made ep.1 what it is imagine episode one without Darth Maul HOOOOWWWW boring would that be!!! Darth Maul is awesome I just think that he could have had a few more fights than he did!
I don't think that Darth Maul was as bad of a character as people make him out to be. I know he didn't say a whole lot, but he did have a major role in star wars. Think about it, he killed Qui-Gon, but what if Qui-Gon would have lived. Maybe Anakin would not have turned to the darkside because of the wise teachings of Qui-Gon. The whole star wars plot might have been ruined.
It's all a matter of opinion though, and just depends on what each person likes.
Saber Wrote:I don't think that Darth Maul was as bad of a character as people make him out to be. I know he didn't say a whole lot, but he did have a major role in star wars. Think about it, he killed Qui-Gon, but what if Qui-Gon would have lived. Maybe Anakin would not have turned to the darkside because of the wise teachings of Qui-Gon. The whole star wars plot might have been ruined.
It's all a matter of opinion though, and just depends on what each person likes.

Yes also it would require alot of skill to defeat Qui-Gon as he was so powerful with the force! And Obey wan only defeated him because he had sooo much hate after seeing his master killed he would not have been able to do that without that, also it would be difficult for Yoda to defeat darth maul! The only reason he died was because of ANGER!!!!
smelly yoda Wrote:Yes also it would require alot of skill to defeat Qui-Gon as he was so powerful with the force! And Obey wan only defeated him because he had sooo much hate after seeing his master killed he would not have been able to do that without that, also it would be difficult for Yoda to defeat darth maul! The only reason he died was because of ANGER!!!!

I agree that anger and hatred is what allowed Obi-Wan to compete with Maul after seeing his master destroyed. I also believe that keeping a cool head, using the force, and following his masters teachings allowed Obi to kill Maul. Obi-Wan was angry when he and Maul started fighting after Qui-Gon was killed, but when he was force pushed and left holding on for his life he cooled his head, drew upon the force, and cut the sucker in half. In essence, I think that the lighter side of the force, rather than a darker side of the force allowed Obi-Wan to get the job done. Any thoughts??
People even make jokes out of Maul, on the new episode board we all make jokes out of his dodgy vocab.

REVEAL, REVEAL!

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Pechark Wrote:People even make jokes out of Maul, on the new episode board we all make jokes out of his dodgy vocab.

REVEAL, REVEAL!

Darth Pechark

Dodgey vocab? He hardly says anything! How can you make fun of his vocabulary if he dosn't say a thing?
Well, that's precisely why we make fun of him. He says two or three words, no more. There's a thread of yours, Smelly, that says Yoda's not a decent Jedi. I don't know about that, but I can tell you this: if there is a not decent Sith, that's Maul!
May the Force be with you (and with me)
psh, the only reason Qui-Gon died is because he was using a Lightsaber style that was degsigned for blocking blasters not Lightsabers. Thing is most Jedi used this style because they never thought the sith would come back. so after the clone wars started most of them changed there form to a more offensive one.
Remember, it's the quiet ones you have to watch.
Saber Wrote:Remember, it's the quiet ones you have to watch.

Exactly, I am suprised that so many people dislike Darth Maul. After all what's not to like, to me he is unique.
smelly yoda Wrote:I think darth Maul is awesome but i'm sure you'll agree with me that his fight was disapointing and the fact that he died so soon. Darth Maul is my favourite sith and I would of loved him to have a proper send out before he died.

Anyone agree?
I agree he is a cool character, with a better part the movies would have been better.
Jar Jar Binks Wrote:I agree he is a cool character, with a better part the movies would have been better.

Yes they would have been much better! But what would you have like to see him do?
smelly yoda Wrote:Although i must admit the grievous battle could have been better
Yeah i totally agree. it was to quick and there wasn't a proper lightsaber fight just that obi-1 cuts of 3 arms in a minute. booooooriiiiiing :teary: :teary: :teary: :teary: :teary: :teary: :teary: :teary:
I like Darth Maul, but he should say more in the films.

Silent but deadly
'Concentrate on the moment' - Qui-Gon Jinn

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: ROGUE ONE LEAKED TRAILER 2 Breakdown! Darth Vader Revealed! A Star Wars Story Movie FilmGuy 0 477 July 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Darth Vader costume badlands 2 875 January 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Darth Vader robs a bank?? Han Solo 1 674 July 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Ray Park aka Darth Maul Stripe 0 883 May 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Darth & Droids RobRoy 0 869 March 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Darth Vader is watching you from the Washington National Cathedral RobRoy 2 926 April 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Gollum wannabe
  darth vader video remix sessions.....this is hilarious moonscience 4 927 July 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Does Darth Vader have to choke a hoe? chapill 1 994 May 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Who's Darth Maul are there any others? smelly yoda 2 479 December 15th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  concept art, i thought you'll like the concept art of darth maul!!! smelly yoda 2 3,238 December 14th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Last Post: smelly yoda