Has anyone here not read the books?
I confess I haven't. So I'm able to see the movies without preconceived notions. It's certainly true that if you'd never seen a previous Potter movie, The Goblet of Fire would have been way to confusing...but chances are if you haven't seen a Potter movie by now you're not going to!

I don't know why people have to criticize the first two movies. They were the 'groundbreakers.' Easy to criticize after the fact. Easy not to realize that future directors and screenwriters have *learned* (hopefully) from what's gone on before and wont make the same mistakes...if mistakes they can be called
Caroline
The Thunder Child Science Fiction Journal
http://thethunderchild.com/
Daily Space
http://dailyspace.blogspot.com/
I liked the first two movies from a book perspective, you should really read the books, much better than the movies, the movies leave alot out!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
*sniff*
You've never heard of Peeves...
*sniff*

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
ya the movies are good but they have to leave a lot of good stuff out. like winky and everything else in goblet of fire. that was like the only bad thing about the goblet of fire movie. they left too much out. they should have made it 3 hours and added more stuff. especially the sphinx in the maze, rita skeeter being an illegal animagus, and the winky thing.
Yep. I only go to see the movies because I like Harry Potter so much, but I wouldn't go to see them at all if I hadn't read the books. They wouldn't attract me. The books have so much more to offer...I know it's the same story as in the movies, but told way better.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
All of the directors say its not really their job to put a story into the movie but follow the spirit of the books, based on the book. That is what Newell said anyway (Pardon me if I spelt your name wrong and if you have to be browsing through this humble HP forum, and if so give me a call, or e-mail!)
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
I know plenty of people who have not read the books and found the movies confusing. The only advice is to read the books.

I still don't think the first movies are bad, either. They might not be "the best" movies ever, but they bring a different kind of life to the books that has to satisfy SOME part of your potter passion
:pig: Well, it sounded like a good idea at the time... :pig:
ya movies aren't bad they just leave too much plot out.
there's only so much they can fit in a movie time slot though
ya i understand that but they should have added like 20 more mins. then it would be 3 hours. after the lord of the rings trilogy( which i like by the way) i think they should know that we can handle a 3 hour movie.
^ I agree. And about Peeves, I feel sorry for you.
Visit and join my Star Wars site at:

http://starwarsbf2rpg.proboards75.com/index.cgi
we can, but what about a 12 year old?
EDITED - Stripe

For your protection:
Do NOT post your age or any other personal information on these forums.
Thanx - SF-Fandom
okay...

be as it may that SOME 12 year olds may want a 3 hour + movie, not everyone can sit through it. It's long and costly.

Of course, we can always use Titanic as an example. 3 hrs and 14 min (or so) and people went and saw that over and over and over in the theatres, even younger kids (I admit to being young and doing so)
and it was huge, It made millions!!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
some of you have been saying that people who haven't read the books find the movies confusing, but my dad and one of my friends who have never read any of the books both watched hp4 and weren't confused at all. they followed the plot and really enjoyed the movie. btw, me, hater of hp movies, has to publically and formally admit that i LOVED the fourth movie. it was wonderful, and the pieces that they left out and added as well... it still worked. and it was intrigueing and made me cry. Smile so i withdraw my statement that all harry potter movies are awful... i love the fourth and i like the first okay (after watching it again). but i still don't like 2 and 3. Tongue
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
It was a good movie, despite how much they left out!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
ya the movies aren't bad. as i already stated. but 12 year olds don't mind this stuff. i was young and i watched movies that were long.
The movies STINK They leave too much out and I hate that. They don't depict the characters appropriately AND they star Daniel Radcliffe (any movie starred by Radcliffe is bound to suck).
This is a very strong and personal opinion, so I don't expect people to agree. (What I mean is, don't try to convince me they're good, because I won't change my mind). I hate the fact that Harry Potter has turned, since it was made a movie, into a merchandising gold-mine. The next thing we know, we're getting tiny Harry Potter action figures at McDonald's (perhaps they already exist, I dunno, I don't go to McDonald's often).
Long life to the BOOKS!
May the Force be with you (and with me)
I think your absoulutley right on the merchandising bit, unless it has anythingn to do with the books, I have a bookmark, it says that Propro Incantatem is on page 605 in the Bloomsbury version of GOF, most probably American version seeing as my dad found it in America
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Harry Potter books a retelling of the Jesus Christ? badlands 3 661 October 4th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Michael
  J.K. Rowling's Pseudonym Sells 500 Books BookBug 5 828 July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
  Video: October 2011 Big Read panel "Before and After Harry Potter" BookBug 0 684 December 27th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Last Post: BookBug
  Penguin Books India launches new "signature" edition of Harry Potter books Michael 0 678 September 24th, 2010, 11:01 AM
  Snitch Seeker site giving away Harry Potter books Michael 0 458 April 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
  Scholastic to broadcast Harry Potter read-a-thon on Web Michael 0 839 August 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
  Something new to read Irene 0 929 July 3rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Rare set of autographed Harry Potter books to be auctioned Michael 1 1,353 October 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
  Harry Potter books help spread English overseas Michael 0 1,279 September 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
  Survey: Roald Dahl books more popular than Potter Michael 2 1,543 September 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM