aeon flux
I saw a clip from the movie and now am afraid that it is only for 14 year old boys. The clip showed aeon (charlene theron) rising from her bed and walking towards a mirror. When she rises in a side view, it looks like she is topless, but. When she turns towards the camera, you see she is actually wearing pair of panties and a weird top; a swatch of cloth going diagonally acress her chest, around her neck and across the other side like a mexican bandito's bandoleer.
the scene was really dumb for several reasons.
1. No woman would, or could, sleep in something like that. she would either fall out of it or it would twist and strangle her;
2. Why the titilation and not nude, Charlene has done nudity in just about all her films including "Monster" that she got a best actress for.
3. Adults would not care, only young teen aged boys who go for the action only.
4. As I am not a 14 year old boy, I probably won't go now. Besides, I hate Anime
Actually, the costume seems in keeping with the animated stuff from the early 90's.

Aeon is a scantilly ( and impractically) clad assassin. The cartoon was a weird stylish sci fi montage of violence and sexual inuendo, mixed with some bizarre philosophy and slick visuals. Like The Matrix done with hand drawn animation.

Does anybody know if the original creator is involved or if they just gave him a sack of gold and a kick in the teeth to go away?
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
masterblaster Wrote:2. Why the titilation and not nude, Charlene has done nudity in just about all her films including "Monster" that she got a best actress for.

Because if they made her nude, the age rating would likely be increased and less people would go see it.
I'd have to agree that the movie doesn't look up to much though.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Mike of Quantum Muse Wrote:Actually, the costume seems in keeping with the animated stuff from the early 90's.

Agreed. Aeon Flux from the early-mid 90s was rather sexual in that aspect, but since it was still on MTV, they never well all the way. As close as you can get, but never a full shot.

Charlize may have done nudity, but I don't recall her ever doing a full frontal shot.

Quote:Like The Matrix done with hand drawn animation.

You're more right than you may know. The Matrix was, in part, inspired by Aeon Flux, and Peter Chung, the writer/animator/creator of the series of shorts was asked by the Wachowskis to write/direct a scene for The Animatrix. I believe it was called "Matriculated" and was very much in keeping with his Aeon Flux style.

Quote:Does anybody know if the original creator is involved or if they just gave him a sack of gold and a kick in the teeth to go away?

Chung is listed as the creator of the characters, but it appears Phil Hay and Matt Manifredi (who have the same limited writing credits that include The Tuxedo) are credited with the story.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I watched some of the cartoon and found it really apalling. I think part of it was I didn't like the style of the drawing at all. I also recall that I thought all the characters were quite offensive in some way or another.

The studio doesn't seem to have any faith in the movie either: yesterday they canceled all scheduled previews for the critics. Generally that means the movie stinks and they hope to make some money in the first week before the critics can influence the public.
Not always, but in general you're quite right. The previews for the movie have seemed to me more focussed on the flash-bang power of the movie much like the recent Doom release. Look, here's Charlize Theron in tight clothes, here she is doing amazing stunts, look, here's some cool technological-assassin toys we came up with.

I was initially somewhat interested, but the previews haven't done much to pique that interest. That doesn't mean too much, but I'll be waiting for the reviews.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I'm guessing it won't do much. The box office has been so weak, with Harry Potter being the only real smash so far this year. Ah, good ol' Charlize Theron. So much for that Oscar, huh? :laugh:
Boomstick Wrote:I'm guessing it won't do much. The box office has been so weak, with Harry Potter being the only real smash so far this year. Ah, good ol' Charlize Theron. So much for that Oscar, huh? :laugh:

I don't know that you can blame her. I mean if I was into movies I think I would do what Brendan Fraser does, some fun movies mixed in with some work of depth. Certainly, I'd love to do an action movie, and Aeon Flux is fairly "girl power" kinna flick.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aeon Flux Sciguy 2 799 May 21st, 2005, 05:36 PM
Last Post: august