Who's your favorite female character in Star Wars?
So who is it and why?

Mine's Padme Amidala for her strength of character and morality. And because when she needs to kick behind she does!

The only thing I dislike about her is her choice in men. :dead::anxious:

Princess Leia for the same qualities... but she has better taste in men! :lick: She would be first but Padme has a better wardrobe. :lol:

Then there's the Twi'lek Jedi Aayla Secura because of her skills as a Jedi and her sensual Twi'lek mystique.

Mara Jade because she was such a tough broad!

And Admiral Daala because she was one of the few women in the Empire that rose to such a level in that human male dominated government. Ya I know... she was as evil as pork skin.:ohno:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
I'm more attracted to Padme, but I have to go with Leia. She had spunk, wit, courage, etc.

I agree that Padme had the better wardrobe, but there are a few outfits that Leia wore that are really nice, too. One goes without mention, but I also really liked her Hoth outfit. I have no idea why, but I find that very alluring. Kind of like the one Padme wore during the pod race--subtly hot. Heart
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
Unfortunately, it's slim pickings for female Star Wars characters. I'll go with Princess Leia but only the Tie-Fighter-Hair-Doo-White-Flowing-Costume Leia of the first Star Wars movies. Leia is ESB was less interesting, and by the time of the gold-bikini she was even less so.

Padme comes comes second (based on SW:AOTC. SW:TPM Kabuki Padme was just too weird).

If it could be determined that R2D2 was female, then I'd go with R2 over the others listed above.
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
Boy, this is a tough one because I think I like all the ones you said Blue. I also really liked Dorme in AOTC played by Rose Bryne I believe. Hubba hubba.

I would probably pick Leia because she was the first and when I was so in love with her as I grew up. Plus, she picked Han Solo. :bg: :bg:

I like Padme but she was too young in TPM but she was definetely hot in AOTC. And why do women always fall for the bad boys????? LOL

I LOVE Mara Jade. Makes me want to be Luke since Luke married her. She is tough and strong willed. Kind of like Aeryn and I love the tough, hard to break kind of women who refuse to show weakness but do have emotions.

EDIT: There was also another girl in the Empire, Yvonne Isard. Luminara or Shira Brie who was an Emperor's Hand. And yes, moif, a lot of these are from the comics or what is called the expanded universe but I don't think it's wrong to say you like them if you know them.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Quote:Originally posted by moif
Blue.

I think you have to be carefull with who you include. Not every one has read the Star wars books, and even though I've read a couple of them (very bad) I only know Mara Jade from this forum...

Okay moif you can go with Mon Mothma in that case... :poke:

[Image: monmothma.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia

Muahahahaha. OMG. There you go, MM was a hottie.

Actually you could go with Oola.

Or the Tonnika Sisters.

[Image: tonnikasisters.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by Mirage
If it could be determined that R2D2 was female, then I'd go with R2 over the others listed above.

Just for kicks I thought this through for a minute. I came to the conclusion that R2D2 was considered male.

Luke: "You got a lot of carbon scoring here. It looks like you boys have seen a lot of action."

3PO: "Oh, he (R2D2) says it's nothing, sir. Merely a malfunction. Old data. Pay it no mind."

3PO "He (R2D2) says he's the property of Obi-Wan Kenobi, a resident of these parts. And it's a private message for him."

3PO: "He (R2D2) says the restraining bolt has short circuited his recording system. He suggests that if you remove the bolt, he might be able to play back the entire recording. [emphasis added]

I could go on, but I think you grasp the point. All pronoun references to R2D2 are in the masculine he and his, never her or hers. Past that, gender is difficult to determine, but I think it's pretty clear that the little mech-droid was intended to be considered male.

Which makes sense because the hero of most action movies is a male, and R2 is the real hero.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Okay I submit, Though I thought R2D2 had a better chance at being female than C3PO, given that R2 units were not humanoid At the risk of going further off topic, are there droids that are designated as "female" within Star Wars? (Perhaps in the novels or comics?)
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
I don't know of any droids designated as female. I checked the Star Wars databank here: http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/

But from all the droids listed, I'm not seeing any that are female oriented as opposed to male oriented.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia

Yeah... Wow, the woman with the walk on part and how many lines? :laugh:
Quote:Originally posted by Mirage
Okay I submit, Though I thought R2D2 had a better chance at being female than C3PO, given that R2 units were not humanoid At the risk of going further off topic, are there droids that are designated as "female" within Star Wars? (Perhaps in the novels or comics?)

TC 13 in Ep 1? She just about the first droid to speak in the series.
Leia. Some of Amidala's clothes were cool (although most the ones in phantom menace were more weird than cool), but otherwise, she wasn't particularly impressive to me. And the whole marrying the woodenly acted Annakin...
The fact that your arguments don't hold up under scrutiny is your problem, not mine. - Anya cutting to the heart of things at 3:00 in the morning

RobRoy agrees with me, therefore I am right.
What about Sy Snootles? (I think she was supposed to be female.) Who could not love her wonderful singing and great stage presence? Not to mention those lips! :bounce:

Nah, seriously, I`d have to go with Leia. Strong willed, clever, game. And has been said already, good taste in men. :bg:

Hey, Blue, I read your card on Mon Mothma there. So she was supposed to be a "formidable opponent" to Palpatine? It would be cool to see/have seen her in these first three eps then. Or was that her on that platform just below the ETs? :laugh:
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Quote:Originally posted by Bern
What about Sy Snootles? (I think she was supposed to be female.) Who could not love her wonderful singing and great stage presence? Not to mention those lips! :bounce:
I had forgotten about Sy Snootles. According to the Star Wars database Sy is indeed female

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sysnootles

Nah, seriously, I`d have to go with Leia. Strong willed, clever, game. And has been said already, good taste in men. :bg:

Hey, Blue, I read your card on Mon Mothma there. So she was supposed to be a "formidable opponent" to Palpatine? It would be cool to see/have seen her in these first three eps then. Or was that her on that platform just below the ETs? :laugh:

Sy Snootles, yeah she had a voice!!! :laugh:

Yep, Han rules!!!! LOL

I loved the ETs in the senate chamber.

LMAO! Yea! She's good enough to be eligible and also Oola the slave girl and the three back up singers.

And the fat woman with the six pack.:anxious:

Perhaps we'll see a younger version of her in the next movie!
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
My favourite female character is mara jade from the EU, but as this is a movie forum i would say Shaak Ti.
This thread is old.

Aayla Secura, Leia and Zam Wessel.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
what he said ^ big fan of Aayela, broke my heart to watch her die...
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars amusement park badlands 2 134 April 13th, 2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Disney Star Wars/ Kiss rock band Halyx badlands 1 200 January 13th, 2022, 03:59 PM
  Star Wars cruiser badlands 1 206 December 29th, 2021, 03:25 PM
  'Star Wars' Not Opened From Steam! MagnusMoore 1 327 September 3rd, 2021, 02:01 PM
  Video: Fans remember seeing 'Star Wars' in 1977 Michael 3 465 August 29th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Wars Books namesarehard 2 522 November 14th, 2020, 01:44 AM
  Star Wars video / computer games badlands 1 653 July 18th, 2020, 08:52 PM
  Video: Star Wars Like You Have Never Seen It Before Michael 0 492 July 9th, 2020, 08:55 PM
  Video: Happy Life Day, Star Wars Fans! Michael 0 694 December 26th, 2019, 02:00 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Star Wars 9" (Rey fights Kilo Ren) Michael 1 581 December 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Irene