Who is the real hero?
After watching all six episodes this holiday season, I started thinking. We all know Anakin/Vadar ultimately is the hero to the story, but what if Qui-Gon never had found the path to imortality? Would Luke have ever been ready to face the Sith(Sidious and Vadar). Seems to me once Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to get Luke out of Vadar's grasp, that would have been the end of it. He would not know about Yoda's exisistance, or how to prepare himself and Vadar would have found him and converted him to the dark side. Im not the biggest Qui-Gon fan but it really does seem that without him the rebelion would have failed...... When the force close one door, it opens a porthole somewhere else... hehehe.
Qui-Gon's intervention was very important for the rebelion, but the hero remains Anakin/Vader. Star Wars is basically the story of his life, and Qui-Gon's role is not nearly as important as his. If he hadn't found the path to inmortality, maybe someone else would have (Obi-1, for instance, who's already crucial to the whole plot, though not the hero). Besides we don't really know if Luke would've been converted to the Dark Side if he hadn't found out about Yoda and been trained by him. That really helped, but we don't know if Luke would've made the same mistake as his father even if he hadn't been a Jedi. I mean, the rebellion would probably have failed because Luke wouldn't have had a chance against Vader or Palpatine, but still, he would have died good and not evil.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
Anakin/Vader is not the chosen one. Luke is, so Luke is the hero.

Darth Sinistar
Visit and join my Star Wars site at:

http://starwarsbf2rpg.proboards75.com/index.cgi
Lucas has been quoted several times that Anakin is the chosen one not Luke. Remember Vader killed Sidious not Luke, then he allowed himself to die and ending the Sith lords.
I usually regard the Star Wars saga not as Anakin's story, but as the story of Luke, with three background episodes on Anakin. If Anakin/Vader had been the hero, then Anakin/Vader would've been shown as that. Luke and Anakin are equal heroes and of equal importance, though it is Anakin who is the chosen one.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Watch your special features on ROTS. Lucus says the saga is about Anakin and the father son relationship. He also says Anakin is the chosen one.
I doubt not finding yoda wouldve changed the story much, Luke couldve just trained himself like Kyle Katarn did.
of, course. it might take a few more yrs and require a finding a few jedi holocrons.:thud:
If thats the case, Yavin IV would have been blown up and the rebel aliance with it. Yoda and Obi-Wan went into suclusion for a reason and it wasnt to hide, it was to wait for the chance to defeat the Sith. To do so they needed the son of Skywalker and they had to get him first.
raydan Wrote:Watch your special features on ROTS. Lucus says the saga is about Anakin and the father son relationship. He also says Anakin is the chosen one.
Are you talking to me on that post, you really need to start using quotes.
If you are, then it doesn't matter whatever Lucas say. Lucas is not me. It matters to me how the film appears to me, not to Lucas. If I hold Luke in equal importance then that's what I do. We all see Star Wars in slightly different ways.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
[flame] Han. Lucas is Star Wars not what we think.
your RIGHT Lucas is Star-wars !!!!
raydan Wrote:[flame] Han. Lucas is Star Wars not what we think.
If say we have a creator (Lucas), he wants to make beautiful marble models of bunk beds, and he thinks they are fantastically beautiful, but then another person looks, and thinks 'eew, they suck' then it clearly matters how they see the models. Therefore it matters more about how the audience see Star Wars than it is for Lucas to see it. Lucas' view is important, yes, but it is how I, you, everybody else see Star Wars that is more so. I'm not saying we can change the lore of Star Wars, but this is Lucas telling us how he sees the story, and that is not a hard star wars fact, that's just an angle of seeing the saga.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
No he is telling a story... This is not Shakespare that is meat to be interperated, its a fiction story and events are to be taken as fact. Much like if the Irac war was told in a galaxy far far away. These events in Star Wars are not meant for us idiots to guess at he is stating fact. If Lucas is anything, he is a blatant story teller. I think that is why he is blasted by so many for his stiff dialog and what many believe are boring scenses.

Look the creator of the whole Star Wars universe has said this is about Anakin and evenmore about father/son relationships.
raydan Wrote:After watching all six episodes this holiday season, I started thinking. We all know Anakin/Vadar ultimately is the hero to the story, but what if Qui-Gon never had found the path to imortality? Would Luke have ever been ready to face the Sith(Sidious and Vadar). Seems to me once Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to get Luke out of Vadar's grasp, that would have been the end of it. He would not know about Yoda's exisistance, or how to prepare himself and Vadar would have found him and converted him to the dark side. Im not the biggest Qui-Gon fan but it really does seem that without him the rebelion would have failed...... When the force close one door, it opens a porthole somewhere else... hehehe.
You're origional post for this thread ^ is just like my post that we are debating now as both interpret the Star Wars world through different angles. Therefore you are contradicting yourself in saying that we shouldn't interpret the story differently to Lucas.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
The prophercy was correct Anakin did end the sith.
Pechark Wrote:I usually regard the Star Wars saga not as Anakin's story, but as the story of Luke, with three background episodes on Anakin. If Anakin/Vader had been the hero, then Anakin/Vader would've been shown as that. Luke and Anakin are equal heroes and of equal importance, though it is Anakin who is the chosen one.

Darth Pechark

I feel the same. Although some say that the saga is about the downfall of Vader, others say that it is about the birth of Luke. I am in the latter category. Anakin is the chosen one, but in the end who wins-the Empire or the Rebellion? Seen as the Rebellion win, and it is Luke that is the leader, then he is the hero.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the one thing you quote the most from Star Wars in real life? Han Solo 17 1,607 October 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Saber
  R2-D2, the real hero! Jedi Guardian 3 1,728 March 20th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Building a real lightsaber cg123 26 2,689 August 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Darth Krispy
  Real Jedi sith lord 11 1,181 May 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Happy Flowergirl