The March of the Penguins
Or La Marche de l'empereur, a documentary about "the annual journey of Emperor penguins as they march -- single file -- to their traditional breeding ground."

Has anybody seen this film? It was in theaters just this year.

I am fond of animal documentaries otherwise as well, so perhaps it is not that strange that I should like this one too. I found it very touching, full of beauty and sadness. One thing is certain - watching this film really makes you appreciate the fact that most of us live in moderate climates!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
I loved the images in this film, but I hated the narration. I could have easily done with no narration at all. The same people made Microcosmos and Winged Migration, both of which were superb with little or no narration.

I would warn people that this movie is not for very young children. You see many of the newborn penguins die in the harsh conditions of their environment.
Reality is a crutch for people who can't face up to science fiction.
I watched this movie in my biology class last week. It was very good, but very sad at points.
"Yes, some of us liked to cause pain.
Yes, most of us sometimes liked to cause pain,
But I am proud that most of us
Were ashamed afterward."
~Michael Goldman, Report on Human Beings

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remake of Baatan death march movie and other Japanese war crimes badlands 1 388 April 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Last Post: august
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for March 12, 2012 Michael 0 581 March 15th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for March 4, 2012 Michael 0 650 March 11th, 2012, 05:10 AM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for March 14, 2011 Michael 0 445 March 17th, 2011, 03:28 AM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for March 7, 2011 Michael 0 489 March 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM