What makes it home?
My question to you is, what makes your town home to you? Or does it even feel like home? If it changed in some drastic way, do you think you would stay? If it were partially destroyed would you participate in the rebuilding or would you take the opportunity to leave? How much do you love where you live and would you say it is a part of you?

I never really committed to a place before until now. I've lived in New Orleans for 15 years, and the scale of destruction, the sea of abandoned houses, the pitch-black nights, having no telephone or mail delivery, not being able to get anything fixed, and the ever-present threat of the next hurricane season - let's just say my family living elsewhere think I am crazy to stay. It's just home and I can't leave now.
Love makes my town or house a home. Friends and family and happy things.
Where I live right now is not a home, it isn't even close I hate it, I am sorry but I hate this state to pieces. For me it has been nothing but heartache and horrid things. If it were partially destroyed or something i would make sure my family was taken care of and leave. Hit the road running. I haven't lived in the place I call home for at least five years, and have only visited for maybe the longest was a week. I am so homesick. But yeah I guess it is my friends and family.
Well the problem is Gabrielle, I never feel anything."Sorry about your soldiers, we were playing tag in the forum."
"You still don't get it I would rather die in your arms than live without you in mine."
Visit us at http://xena.spreebb.com/
All my friends live around me, my family lives here!!!
Being in a village you know most of the people that live around you, I can walk to school, although now I have to go on bus, but its quite a quiet village, at the moment, like everywhere they're building flats everywhere, and a lidle (? how do you spell it ?) Are lidls good or bad, just like to know???
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Kwik silver 44 Wrote:Are lidls good or bad, just like to know???

Yeah their ok, not fantastic, a drop down from Aldi...but they do a gorgeous cheese italian pizza! And like Aldi they get some god deals in evry now and then on certain products.

I'm very much a home bird, and although I've do think of what it would be like to move into say Newcastle, I'd miss Shields too much. It isnt the greatest of towns, I mean we're on the North Coast so we get about three months worth of sun to appreciate our gorgeus beaches, we've a tiny town centre, (which has improved greatly due to some new shops) and we get hit bad by the winter weather BUT it aint half bad once you've lived here so long and we've got a heritage to be proud of, a working class mining town on the mouth of a once thriving river of shipyards. Sir Ridley Scott was born here, Catherine Cookson based her some of her stories in the area. I think when you learn more about the heritage of where your from, its history and accomplishments and how it coped in the harder times, especially from a working class background, and how successfu people can become depsite being born in a small town, it certainly makes you appreciate the place more.

What makes it home for me is my family, (all of my mothers family leave here), close friends, i've lived here in the same house all my life and i would bring my family up in SS if I start one. As they home is where the heart is!
OK thanks Sarahloui, I forgot to mention Reading FC only play about 10 minutes away from where I live, so naturally I'm a season ticket holder at the Madejski
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Oh yeah and that reminds me, home wouldn't be home without the ongoing rivalry of who to support at the derby, Newcastle or Sunderland!! Football has to be a contributing factor to home being home!!
or your local sport anyway
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Eh...lidl? Aldi? This is a sort of pizza?

Translation, please!
Lidl, is a big shopping centre, wait let me check how to spell it correctly
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
home wouldn't be home without the river right outside my window, or the little town where you know everyone. there's no greater feeling than coming home when you've been away for a long time. last year i went to school 4.5 hours away and didn't come home a lot... but when i did, boy did i get excited
:pig: Well, it sounded like a good idea at the time... :pig:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: A small startup makes vegan ice cream Michael 0 292 April 20th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Coronavirus flash mob (everyone dancing from home) Michael 0 385 April 15th, 2020, 12:58 AM
  CDC Video: How to Disinfect Food You Bring Home mybbadmin 1 659 April 1st, 2020, 10:54 AM
  What makes a good comic/Disney villain? badlands 0 509 July 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Japan Makes Robot Girlfriend For Lonely Men Coconut Ent 34 3,027 March 3rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Yaxi
  Nicole Kidman doll makes its debut Michael 0 1,293 October 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
  Nude Maid Really Cleans Up At Florida Man's Home Alvin Eriol 14 1,056 June 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Mike of Quantum Muse
  Armed police raid home after mistaking Lara Croft dummy for gunman Coconut Ent 2 436 May 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Company makes flying saucers science fact RobRoy 0 357 February 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Unbelievable! Denmark makes it to Thomas Cup finals! Coconut Ent 3 422 May 8th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44