Battle Droids-Really that thick?
Before I start I want to put out that I'm not fighting against battle droids being thick because of my av, because at the end of the day they're not smart. But for them to apparently have absolutely no control in their actions and be controlled from a control ship makes little sense from their actions. If they were under total control they would have to be controlled constantly, but in battle they would surely need some AI, as they are on the battlefield and know the situation more than the neimodian controllers up in space. They're speech seems sometimes a little personal (and I don't mean privacy personal) to be totally controlled, when they speak, they're surely not being a medium for a neimodian controller to speak to someone else? You may think that I'm exagerating, but the information I hear seems to make no sense with what I see in movies. It's mentioned that command droids (same thing but bits of yellow on them) have small amounts of control, but surely normal ones, from what I've seen should as well. Am I missing something that you know, or do you agree/disagree?

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I dont think that there is a nemoidian controlling each battle droid individually. The way I understand it is that each individual droid has its own sensors and minimal thinking power, but all the information is relayed back to the control ship, where a central computer acts as the brain for the droids (so it would use the information collected by the droids and co ordinate its actions) . Yes there are command droids and I think they used to streamline commands from nemoidian commanders and the normal battle droids. I think I read somewhere that by ep2 , the droids were given minimal thinking capacity incase the control ship was destroyed. I know there was a deleted scene that showed this. I also know that by ep2 ,each core ship was given the facilities to control droids .
Well , thats my take on it anyway.

Matt
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I think George Lucas made thick droids because there are kids under 15 years old who are not ready to see ultra-violent droids like the ones in Terminator 3.:dummy:
Nutritionist expert: Boiled eggs break down much quickly than meat.
The human digestive system is not really equiped for meat digestion.
It is really annoying how the droids make humerous or personal comments, this just wouldn't happen.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Edpayasugo Wrote:It is really annoying how the droids make humerous or personal comments, this just wouldn't happen.

It was more annoying in Episode III but yes they would have been better if they just kept the humorous sounds out of it.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
i think in ep III they made the Droids a little to human like, i mean youve got one wanting a "thank you" from general Greivous. surely you wouldnt want them that human-like would you?
droids are droids. most of them (broad in general) are stupid. none of the ability to be a totaly free droid. if that ever happens. . .(hk-47,etc.) droids need some control from somewhere, from ships, control places, people, etc.
Jedi Master Lord Revan is out there in the OuterRim. He is hunting down the True Sith. Revan is just massacring the True Sith. Confusedtorm: :dude:
Playwithfire101 Wrote:i think in ep III they made the Droids a little to human like, i mean youve got one wanting a "thank you" from general Greivous. surely you wouldnt want them that human-like would you?

Well, the plain real-world answer for this is that Lucas was putting a little bit of humour in for the Children in the audience. He had to have some fun parts in the film before the inevitable darkner events had to take place. I remember when I saw the film at the cinema, kids in audienes loved the R2 and Battle droid moments aboard the ship. The Star Wars films are still films that have a large target audience that are children.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
Boba,Obi Wan,Jango Wrote:Well, the plain real-world answer for this is that Lucas was putting a little bit of humour in for the Children in the audience. He had to have some fun parts in the film before the inevitable darkner events had to take place. I remember when I saw the film at the cinema, kids in audienes loved the R2 and Battle droid moments aboard the ship. The Star Wars films are still films that have a large target audience that are children.

I agree that Lucas puts all that for the younger audience but I sometimes wonder if it's necessary. Star Wars is great on it's own when he created it and it appealed to kids without all the kiddy stuff. Look at A New Hope, it didn't have some of the more obvious stuff that the movies do now.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Maybe because Sci-Fi is 'less cool' and 'nerdy' these days Lucas felt that he had to add in extra stuff to appeal to children, I mean, I'm the only fan of Star Wars in my class as far as I know.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I have a habit of not assuming things, and basing my thoughts on true facts, but I don't really think that a control ship has total control over them. If you think about it, look at all the technology they had in the movies, and by other examples you can look at C3PO's actions as well. These droids had to have some sort of intelligence on their own.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Saber Wrote:I have a habit of not assuming things, and basing my thoughts on true facts, but I don't really think that a control ship has total control over them. If you think about it, look at all the technology they had in the movies, and by other examples you can look at C3PO's actions as well. These droids had to have some sort of intelligence on their own.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking Saber. Most of the droids found in the Star Wars universe would have control over their actions. I think that the Battle Droids of the Sepratist forces are the only example of droids that are controlled by a Core Ship, Central Computer etc. This has more to do with the Trade Federations nature and wanting to have total and absolute control over their forces. But pretty much all other droid we'll see in the movies would operate independantly. The power droids, protocol droids, astromech droids,IG-88 etc .

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 964 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Darth & Droids RobRoy 0 889 March 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Battle Meditation Gollum wannabe 12 1,178 May 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  which sith do yout hink has the best battle style? Jar Jar Binks 28 2,203 March 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Scoundrel
  Best Battle style and why? Jar Jar Binks 18 1,459 February 1st, 2006, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Which battle was your favourite? Mara Jade Skywalker 19 1,742 December 23rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Jar Jar Binks
  Question about the droids attacking ship Bungarian 15 1,616 August 22nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Last Post: qui-gon-dom
  Did Palpatine use battle meditation? Bungarian 5 1,149 August 20th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Last Post: bluejedi89
  The Tactics at the Battle of Geonosis Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 19 2,402 July 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Last Post: mybookiethewookie
  Battle Droid Command Structure Darth Penguin 6 697 June 11th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Last Post: arm