Die Hard 4.0
I received a report that Die Hard 4.0 is in the works with Bruce Willis reprising his role as the die-hard cop John McClane and apparently Justin Timberlake (yeah, that one) will take on the role of McClane's son, John Jr. Filming was initially set to begin this past summer, but I haven't seen anything more on this movie since then.

Anyone know anything?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I have heard rumors about Die Hard 4 but nothing substantial. I have always enjoyed the Die Hard series and hope hat Bruce hasn't lost a step in the movie hero department. Although I fail to see how Justin Timberlake will be a liekable/believable action star.
I've heard this stuff too. Many months ago the rumors were floating. I had never seen the Die Hard movies so I rented all 3 of them Smile.

Uh, even though many people don't like believing the IMDB, here is the page
http://imdb.com/title/tt0337978/

From a news story from this past september that I found:

Quotes from Bruce Willis

Quote:John McClane has retired as a cop, and that's all that Fox have allowed me to tell you about it.

Quote:Die Hard 4.0' is being written as we speak, and if all goes well we'll be shooting it in Autumn on the east coast of the United States.
Tongue
HOBBIT Wrote:Uh, even though many people don't like believing the IMDB, here is the page

Not many people.

So far we've only had one person comment on IMDB being a poor resource when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have yet to see a rebuttal regarding my counters on that contention. To me, IMDB is just as viable a source as any other Hollywood insider magazine, etc.

So feel free to post your rumors and sources from IMDB unless someone can show that they inaccurately report information most of the time.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Not many people.

So far we've only had one person comment on IMDB being a poor resource when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have yet to see a rebuttal regarding my counters on that contention. To me, IMDB is just as viable a source as any other Hollywood insider magazine, etc.

So feel free to post your rumors and sources from IMDB unless someone can show that they inaccurately report information most of the time.

RR - I believe I might have been the dissenting voice against IMDB. But since then, I have changed my ways. I have begun to enjoy and believe the information I read on IMDB and find many of their tidbits interesting and entertaining. I beg forgiveness of you.
SpringfieldST Wrote:RR - I believe I might have been the dissenting voice against IMDB. But since then, I have changed my ways. I have begun to enjoy and believe the information I read on IMDB and find many of their tidbits interesting and entertaining. I beg forgiveness of you.

Nice try my friend, but in this case the dissent was much more recent. It was in the Indiana Jones thread that is currently ongoing, and I believe it was Zagor who posted his disbelief of all things IMDB (or some such).

But noble of you to admit you were wrong. Now if we could just get you to admit that I'm right all the time . . . :bg:

I was speaking in general - so Springfield was right to include himself Big Grin Wink
Tongue
I've found IMDb to be one of the better sources for info online, usually they're right on.

But Justin Timberlake? Ugh. I'm all for a Die Hard 4, but I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot from the word go by casting Timberlake.
Tongue
Ugh. How do these scripts get out? People who read scripts before shooting starts and write a movie off on that basis are idiots, IMO. Changes take place during filming almost all the time, and a good director can make a mediocre script into something worth watching.
There are hundreds of thousands of scripts out and about. I loved the scene in Shakespeare in Love when Will jumps in the water-taxi and the oarsman, upon finding out who Will is, reaches under his seat and pulls out a sheef of paper saying, "I'm something of a writer myself." Classic Hollywood.

So the script for the new Die Hard may have been tumbling around for awhile. Writers jump on almost every successful or mildly successful movie and crank out a script, whether or not it's been asked for. Others crank out a script similar to a certain movie in the hopes of either selling it as is, or having it adapted for the movie. Still other scripts are actually being held or been bought, and kick around until they find a home, either being made as they were originally intended, or adapted into a current franchise.

But I agree with you Boomer. Judging a movie based on its script alone is pretty silly. Heck, judging a movie based on its trailer, its rumors or even cast-member statements can be silly as well. The movie will either be worthwhile or not, sometimes regardless of the script.

So can we assume it's still really early in pre production, then, if the script is floating about so easily? Seems like they'd try to keep the final one under wraps.

That Luc Besson is involved raises my hopes quite a bit, I tend to like the stuff he directs and produces.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live Free or Die Hard - Minor Spoilers RobRoy 11 710 July 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Zagor
  movies movies movies so hard to choose from greedo 1 366 August 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Last Post: sarahloui