White Sox Win Baseball's World Series
The Chicago White Sox captured their first World Series title since 1917 on Wednesday night as they completed a four-game sweep over the Houston Astros in the World Series of baseball at Minute Maid Stadium in Houston. The Boston Red Sox won the world championship in 2004, their first since 1918. So maybe 2006 will be the year for the Chicago Cubs who have failed to triumph in the World Series since 1908.
How long has the World Series been going on for? 100 years? 120?
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
I enjoyed the series, but I wish the Astros could have won at least one game! But it seems like all their pitchers were either injured (Clemons) or choked (Oswalt, Lidge) at a critical moment.

I do feel sorry for Lidge. To be responsible for 3 losses in the World Series, that's got to hurt!
Caroline
The Thunder Child Science Fiction Journal
http://thethunderchild.com/
Daily Space
http://dailyspace.blogspot.com/
Camech Wrote:How long has the World Series been going on for? 100 years? 120?

I believe the first one was in 1903, won by my beloved Boston Red Sox.

The Thunder Child Wrote:I enjoyed the series, but I wish the Astros could have won at least one game! But it seems like all their pitchers were either injured (Clemons) or choked (Oswalt, Lidge) at a critical moment.

I do feel sorry for Lidge. To be responsible for 3 losses in the World Series, that's got to hurt!

I'm not sure if Lidge will ever be the same pitcher again. He blew three games in the playoffs after dominating for most of the season. But that goes to show you how fragile closers are. They usually don't last too long.

The Astros were in every game of the series and had a couple breaks gone their way could have won the thing.. But Chicago is a really good baseball team and deserved to win the series.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sea world to buy Cedar Park badlands 3 289 February 23rd, 2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Real World Jetpack Videos Michael 0 284 May 8th, 2021, 05:39 PM
  Theme park based on world religions badlands 4 453 November 17th, 2020, 09:36 PM
Last Post: august
  Search novels similar to Planet of the Apes and River World mohawk62mohawk62 1 1,431 September 29th, 2020, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  New free book series Philosophy of the Forces needs readers please! K Laura R Drake 0 408 June 7th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Last Post: K Laura R Drake
  The TV series : Fame reboot badlands 1 420 May 12th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Last Post: august
  Does whole Avatar and The Legend of Korra cartoon series need to be reboot? badlands 1 505 January 13th, 2019, 05:15 PM
  White Christian male persecution vs white privilege badlands 1 921 February 3rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
  White Shadow TV show badlands 4 920 May 24th, 2017, 10:16 PM
  What old TV series would like to see as movies or TV reboots? badlands 1 630 May 6th, 2017, 09:33 PM