R.I.P. Thomas Ross Bond 1926 - 2005
Who was Thomas Ross Bond? He played "Butch" in the "Our Gang" and "Little Rascals" films, but he also played Jimmy Olson in two "Superman" films made in 1948 and 1950.

CNN has an obituary for him.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Thomas Ross Bond, who played Butch the bully in the "Our Gang" and "The Little Rascals" movies of the 1930s, died Saturday of complications from heart disease. He was 79.

Bond died at Northridge Hospital, said his manager, Frank Marks.
Bond played a member of the Gang named Tommy. After his first year he was dropped from the cast but returned later in the role of Butch, the archenemy of Alfalfa.

Read the full article here

Check out his IMDB filmography.

Our best wishes and condolences to his friends and family.
The old Gang is passing away. Confusedad:

Apparently Thomas Bond was one of the most successful and prominent former members, who apparently remained pretty closely involved with the "Our Gang" series ever since, particularly in recent times.

He also appeared in some of the old late-1940's "Superman" serials as Jimmy Olsen.

If I understood correctly, he was one of the movers behind the Cabin Fever release of a number of OG shorts about a decade ago on video & DVD (I may be incorrect on this point). He apparently formed a company that revived the old Biograph name historically associated with the oldest movie studios in the US. His son is the CEO.

If I understood correctly (some of this info is a bit scattered and sketchy), there has been a Biograph project underway to restore (remaster? remix? revive?) & reissue some of the old silents (the oldest series were IMO by far the best & most fun - sorry Spank!) that had heretofore been unreleased and long unshown (partly because some are said to be quite - ahem - politically incorrect with respect to race and sex stereotypes, but I don't know if the controversial ones were included in this alleged project).

I understand he also wrote a memoir of his experience as Butch, entitled (IIRC, never seen it) You're Darn Right It's Butch.

Farewell, Butch.

added: BTW, Here is an old "Little Rascals" thread in this forum.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for James Bond 25, "Risico" FilmGuy 0 470 April 19th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Best bond ____ever!!!! Paul Goode 1 642 December 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Jim Colyer
  TV Commercial director Fredrik Bond will direct SciFi movie "Year 12" Michael 0 617 November 17th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Profile of "Bond", "Prince of Persia" actress Gemma Arterton Michael 7 5,634 September 21st, 2008, 11:18 PM
  James Bond in "Quantum of Solace" - Synopsis and Cast Info Michael 0 484 August 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
  Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards in 'Fantastic Four') Wants to Be the Next Bond Michael 0 505 April 20th, 2007, 12:53 PM
  Bond Movies onwe 3 673 December 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Last Post: onwe
  who was the best bond onwe 11 1,032 December 5th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Fazza
  Casion Royale - Craig IS Bond- No Spoilers. Lorne 8 876 December 5th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  best bond movie? luh 36 2,551 May 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Last Post: scarlettlil