Herc writers make good
I was casually looking through a magazine and saw an ad for the upcoming "Legend of Zorro" movie (I thought there had just been one - is this a sequal? But I digress) and was looking at the credits to find the stars since I actually couldn't tell from the photo...and noticed the writers - Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. They were the writers of some of the best late Herc episodes! They have a "story by" credit with another pair and solo screenplay credit.

Themis
Those 2 seem to be doing well for themselves. They were 2 of the big writers on Alias I think. I'll always think of them as in "Yes Virginia, There Is a Hercules" though.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Themis Wrote:I was casually looking through a magazine and saw an ad for the upcoming "Legend of Zorro" movie (I thought there had just been one - is this a sequal? But I digress) and was looking at the credits to find the stars since I actually couldn't tell from the photo...and noticed the writers - Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. They were the writers of some of the best late Herc episodes! They have a "story by" credit with another pair and solo screenplay credit.

Themis
Themis, this is a sequel to "Mask of Zorro"and stars Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. In this movie,their characters are married and have a son.
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
In any event, there are tons of Zorro movies, but I think Orci and Kurtzman did the screenplay for the first Antonio Banderas movie, did they not? I know, I could look at the IMDB, but I'm not feeling that energetic right now.
Naw, they only did the upcoming Banderas film - there are four other people credited w/ the story + screenplay for the first one, including the guys behind "Pirates of the Caribbean." But O&K did do the script for the recent film "The Island" and the upcoming "Mission Impossible 3" and the still-in-development "Transformers" movie. "Zorro" is a pretty natural gig for them though, given that they were producers on "Jack of All Trades," and MI3 comes as a result of working w/ J.J. Abrams on "Alias."

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I could have sworn I saw something in the last year or two (a major movie) that Orci and Kurtzman wrote. Maybe I'm mistaken. I used to watch Alias regularly and enjoyed the show tremendously. All the twists and turns were so wicked. I just got out of the habit of watching it, though.
I never got around to seeing the second Banderas Zorro movie, and started watching it tonight. I'm a little over halfway though, and I have to say it's terrible. Orci and Kurtzman
have to be two of the luckiest guys in modern Hollywood. I wondered why The Island was an enjoyable enough movie, and a quick check shows there was a third writer who
was also credited with the story.

The Legend of Zorro, Mission: Impossible III, and Star Trek should have been enough to kill anyone's A-level career, but somehow those two
just got more and more successful. They're lucky Transformers hit it big, because I don't think they would have continued to be hot commodities without it.

It's also surprising how bad the second Zorro is, because like the first it's Martin Campbell directing. It's like he just doesn't care, though. The cuts and editing are seriously
B-Movie grade.

I am enjoying the music, though. It's James Horner, but the theme is very Jerry Goldsmith-esque. Good stuff. I may have to track down the score it it was ever released commercially.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vicky Pratt lines to make your chin hit the ground... august 19 2,789 March 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Only Victoria Pratt could make this prop call sheet work... august 1 555 January 20th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Boogeyman 2 w/ Renee O'Connor on Syfy Sun. 11/27 @ 1 AM - and it's pretty good! august 18 3,729 November 21st, 2011, 02:38 AM
Last Post: august
  When are they going to make the movie? badlands 1 925 December 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
  1998 Herc Calender Jewels 3 796 April 16th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Writers of the episodes august 12 1,214 September 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Last Post: august
  Book Review: Make Love* The Bruce Campbell Way Michael 0 523 August 24th, 2008, 05:34 PM
  Herc/Xena catalogues gemini0521 7 1,128 July 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Shait
  Hercpower [fake] Herc News: HercPower 15 1,490 March 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Shait
  Feel good: Jack and Emilia style HercPower 4 940 March 16th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Last Post: lasermn