Why does Uncle Owen hate Obi-Wan Kenobi?
You're right about that. Maybe he doesn't really hate Obi, maybe he just appears to hate him so that Luke won't get close to him. When I watched the movie, I assumed that Owen knew all about Mustafar, and that he didn't want Luke to meet Obi because Obi would tell him the truth about his father.
And yes, he doesn't seem to care much for his step-brother either, but that's perhaps because they never really got to know each other. At least not in the films, I don't know about the books.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
He disliked Obi Wan becuase of the fate of Anakin, Obi Wan must have told Owen that Anakin simply died, and to protect Luke from the same fate he forbid Luke form interacting with Obi Wan.
Edpayasugo Wrote:He disliked Obi Wan becuase of the fate of Anakin, Obi Wan must have told Owen that Anakin simply died, and to protect Luke from the same fate he forbid Luke form interacting with Obi Wan.

Yeah, you're probably right. I doubt Obi would tell Owen what Anakin had turned into...we don't know for sure, though.
In the movie, Beru tells Owen that Luke is just too much like his father, and Owen says, "That's what I'm afraid of".

I think the audience is supposed to infer, after seeing Episode III, that Obi-Wan was waiting for Luke to grow up, Owen understood that, and by the time Luke had reached 17 (the age at which he left Tattooine), Owen knew that Vader was Anakin.
Michael Wrote:In the movie, Beru tells Owen that Luke is just too much like his father, and Owen says, "That's what I'm afraid of".

I think the audience is supposed to infer, after seeing Episode III, that Obi-Wan was waiting for Luke to grow up, Owen understood that, and by the time Luke had reached 17 (the age at which he left Tattooine), Owen knew that Vader was Anakin.

Yeah, I could see that. Maybe that's why Owen is a more protective of Luke.
I can imagine quite a bit.
The way i see it, owen knew Obi-Wan was Anakin's master and then Anakin became Darth Vader. He thinks Obi-Wan will try to teach Luke and a similar thing will happen to him and therefore he hates Obi-Wan because he does not like what Obi-Wan has planned for Luke.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phil "Uncle Owen" Brown dies at 89 RobRoy 5 831 February 28th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Wars is OBI-WAN KENOBI'S fault! ! ! Beast 61 6,430 July 19th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  General-Kenobi General-Kenobi 5 565 May 25th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Dyne
  A time before it was cool to hate TPM Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 25 1,598 May 16th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Last Post: SpringfieldST
  Did alec hate star wars? Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 4 782 March 12th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Zagor
  I hate that guy!!! moif 25 1,541 March 31st, 2003, 10:15 PM
Last Post: ladyDonna