Hermione Never Sees Parents?
I didn't think that James Potter was Head boy. Didn't Prof Lupin state that he had been made a Prefect to try to curb James & Serius? This could be some bad memory on my part - I have one week to re-read all of the books.

Bact to the ORIGINAL topic here.
Hermione spends most of her summer holidays with her parents.
She has also spent winter holidays with them. (Remember the ski trip to France?)

It is just since things have gotten so 'interesting' in the Wizarding World that Hermione has spent time at the Weasley household, at the Black mansion and winter holiday at Hogwarts. These have only been the last 1 or 2 weeks of the summer and have been in the nature of special events (World Cup).

Hints given in the books indicate that her parents are very attentive. They appreciate their daughter & allow her to purchase book as she pleases (even if those books can only be purchased in Diagon Alley). They have been on shopping trips to Diagon Alley, with her (changing money) before school. One would assume this was most years. I suppose here it depends on if you see only the movies.
Irene
Irene Wrote:I didn't think that James Potter was Head boy. Didn't Prof Lupin state that he had been made a Prefect to try to curb James & Serius?

I have brought this up before;

I was of the assumption that Head Boy and Head Girl are first, earlier on, Prefects; and this idea is strengthened by a remark by Molly Weasley, that being chosen Prefect is 'the first step'; refering to Percy, who we first meet the year he has been chosen a Prefect, and who later becomes Head Boy.

However, it seems one need not be Prefect to be Head Boy {or Girl}.

You are correct that Lupin was the Prefect chosen for the Griffendor boys of the year that included The Merauders.

However, it was James Potter who was Head Boy. Hagrid informs Harry of this in the first book. Lily was also Head Girl.

This could be some bad memory on my part - I have one week to re-read all of the books.

Bact to the ORIGINAL topic here.
Hermione spends most of her summer holidays with her parents.
She has also spent winter holidays with them. (Remember the ski trip to France?)

I have mentioned all your points about her parents, and you are correct. She spends the normal amount of time with them, for an older child who is in Boarding School of any kind.

The ski trip, however, was set for Hermioine over Christmas, but she didn't go, she joined Ron's family and Harry at Grimauld Place, because Mr Weasley was in hospital following his snake bite at the Ministry.

Her vacation with them in France was over the summer, the same summer Ron went with his family to Egypt; she sent Harry his birthday gift of a broomstick servicing kit from there; and Ron's family photo in Egypt, which included Scabbers, appeared in The Daily Prophet and alerted the imprisoned Sirius that Peter The Rat was masquerading as Ron's pet, and was going to be at Hogwarts, sharing the same dorm with Harry Potter, his godson .........

It is just since things have gotten so 'interesting' in the Wizarding World that Hermione has spent time at the Weasley household, at the Black mansion and winter holiday at Hogwarts. These have only been the last 1 or 2 weeks of the summer and have been in the nature of special events (World Cup).

Hints given in the books indicate that her parents are very attentive. They appreciate their daughter & allow her to purchase book as she pleases (even if those books can only be purchased in Diagon Alley). They have been on shopping trips to Diagon Alley, with her (changing money) before school. One would assume this was most years. I suppose here it depends on if you see only the movies.

Totally agree. Hermionie's parents, both Muggle dentists, are very accepting of the Wizarding World and proud of their daughter; they seem very nice, and are included in trips to Diagon Alley, meet the Weasleys', enchant Arthur Weasley, and so forth. But we see Hermionie mainly with The Trio, for that is her role in Harry's story; so her parents appear within our vision but rarely. Doesn't mean she does not see them, as often as any boarding school child sees their parents.
At the first book,Hermione spend her Christmas vacation with her parents.For the second book,her parent accompany her in buying some things needed at school.At the third book, she was on holiday in France with her parents.In the fourth book she stayed with Weasley because of the world cup for the last week of the summer but that doesn't mean she hadn't stay to her home during summer.In the fifth book,she visited Greek Islands with her parents.It was even mentioned that after Greek Islands ,they will visit Victor Krum at Bulgaria.So I don't agree the Hermione never sees her parents.:bg:
Exactly.

If the books were about "Hermionie Granger, girl Witch", we'd see her home just as we see Harry at the Dursley's. But the tale is "Harry Potter and ........". Hermionie is his school chum, so, we see her when we see Harry in the Wizarding World; on the occasion that Hermionie's parents join her there ....... like, in Gringots' Bank and Diagon Alley ....... we may actually see them; but otherwise, we hear the stray reference to Hermionie's out-of-school time with them, nothing more. But she does spend time with them, when not in school.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hermione relationships/ romances with Draco and Lucius Malloy? badlands 1 395 June 5th, 2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: august
  Happy birthday Hermione Granger Paul Goode 0 532 September 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Happy (belated) Birthday, Hermione Paul Goode 1 566 September 21st, 2011, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Michael
  "The Mirror" has picture of Harry and Hermione Michael 3 606 June 6th, 2010, 12:06 PM
  Daily Mail: How fame lost its magic for Hermione (that's despite Emma Watson's Ł30mil Michael 4 668 May 19th, 2010, 10:42 PM
  Hermione,Ginny or Cho? Slytherin Slave20 80 2,950 September 15th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Darq Ali
  Hermione's Boggart Kagemaru 6 1,133 June 20th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Last Post: ben_d_straw
  Hermione...very moody in new movie whomping willow 16 2,010 June 10th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Last Post: mar_her_90
  Why can't Harry's parents just come back as ghosts? XSecretSmilex 5 665 January 7th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Orangeblossom
  I'm in love with Hermione!! What about you? IronMorgoth 38 1,964 December 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Orangeblossom