Jedi Quarters
Does anyone know where the Jedi live, not when there on a mission, (but even then), but like when there on Coruscant, does the Temple have quarters for sleeping?

Also is their time managed, because in ROTS Anakin goes off and spends the night at Padmes Penthouse suite, surely he should be somewhere else, and they cant just go off gallivanting whenever they want.
The Jedi are called when needed, they may live or go wherever they like. They rarely sleep as the meditation they do is more than sufficient and in some cases, better. So they have no need for a large place or anything and probably just stay in the ship they use when off investgating or on a mission.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
Jedi probably have small and spartan private quarters for sleeping, relaxation , meditation etc.
Jedi also most likely have free time, so that explains why Anakin was able to spend the night at Padmes. But I think with everything else going on throughout the galaxy , the jedi wouldnt be too concerned as to where one jedi is when they're not on a mission.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Maybe Anakin told Obi-Wan he did his meditation a lot better someplace else, and Obi-Wan accepted this excuse though he knew full-well where Anakin was going. (He wasn't at all surprised to find out that Padme's baby was Anakin's, in ep III)
Yes but Anakin was no longer Obi Wan's padawan by them , he was a Jedi Knight.
I don't think the Jedi knights stay at the temple, It seems per the Star Wars Databank that only the most influencial masters had private offices to plan and meditate, and training facilities were manned by Jedi Masters. Those that were in day to day like Jocasta Nu, caretaker of the Jedi Archives, probably had an office, and might possibly stay at the temple, but it is not mentioned anywhere. They probably had some rooms for spending a few days but not as permanent living arrangements. For trainees they probaly had somewere to stay like boarding schools do, but once old enough you had to find somewhere else to bunk up.

I see the Jedi Order Temple like the set-up the Musketeers had in France. Musketeers had a Headquarters for receiving orders or receiving guests and dignitaries. They also had limited space for guards to rest (bunkhouse/barracks), and a kitchen and dining room. The main population of musketeers would have to find or make their own living arrangements (rent, buy, share), but stay within close call to Headquarters for receiving official duties or for unforseen emergencies. Obviously this would not affect the Jedi Knights since communication is only a button press away.

:dude:
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
Do the padawans ever get to see their families?
I guess the general trend is, no they do not, and are not supposed to as it affects their mind or something, which is why they are taken away from their family at a young age.

I don't know what the deal would be if they had the chance of bumping into them on a mission, perhaps the council would advise that someone without family connections should see to that particular case.
Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance.

My shirt size is medium husky.
Coconut ice cream Wrote:I guess the general trend is, no they do not, and are not supposed to as it affects their mind or something, which is why they are taken away from their family at a young age.

I don't know what the deal would be if they had the chance of bumping into them on a mission, perhaps the council would advise that someone without family connections should see to that particular case.

But at what age do they start training? Perhaps they are taken away from their families when they are too little to even remember them well afterwards.
How do they pay for accomadation?
I'm not sure but I think the idea is to take them away so they have little or no memory of their family. Or at least no emotional ties with them.

As for paying for accomodation, I guess they could always use a mind trick! Seriously though, they surely have some amount of money to use, to actually eat, so they should be able to pay for it themselves. Or maybe the Jedi were respected enough to be able to walk into most places for free? Just a thought.
Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance.

My shirt size is medium husky.
In the latter years of Palpatines 'Republic' many lost respect for the Jedi, and most on Coruscant are money grabbing scum, so I doubt they could get free housing. perhaps the Chancelloery gave the Jedi credits for expenses?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 986 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 492 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 520 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 437 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,697 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 1,009 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,894 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,270 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 2,045 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,598 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM