Luke and the New "Jedi" Order
Okay, after RotJ Luke Skywalker makes the New Jedi Order. But, forgive me if i'm wrong, his sister and him both get married and - to my knowledge - at least one of them has children. Isn't this completely against the old Jedi of the Republic?
Perhaps that's why it's called the New Jedi Order?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yeah okay, fair enough. But it's not exactly Jedi if the disagree with the Jedi way is it?
The NJO has no knowledge of the forbidden love, besides it's working out fine.
I AM A JEDI AND MY NAME IS QUINLAN VOS

-Vos; Republic #77

Vos lives!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that's why the Jedis before the New Jedi Order were so arrogant, or just envious of the ones who loved, because they were separated from their families. Or maybe not.
Luke didn't have much to go on the Old order since the Emperor destroyed most of the records and well there was no one left to tell him since he wasn't able to talk to Yoda, Obi-Wan or Anakin after Zahn's first trilogy of books. Basically it came down to the authors then didn't know what Lucas had planned now but I'm assuming Lucas told them what to not do.
I can imagine quite a bit.
It was part of bringing balance to the force. Anakins job wasn't to bring balance to the Jedi, but to the force. The Jedi aren't the only force user, the Sith were part of the force too. The Jedi had many flaws and they weren't willing to change, not being able to love? That is insane, how can a Jedi fight for something they believe any if they can't love it, it's to exetreme! And then the Sith were on the other end, they were obsested with useing there emotions for revenge. Everything was out of balance. Luke was part Jedi part Sith, he loved but he wasn't crazy and only used it for good, he was balanced.
Krispy CHICKEEEENNNNNN!!!!:jawdrop:
Yes I think some of the best things about the EU is Lukes struggle to form the new jedi order having next to no knowledge of the previous one.
Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance.

My shirt size is medium husky.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 744 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 369 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Star Wars 8 Trailer "Kylo Failed Luke" FilmGuy 0 296 November 17th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 425 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 339 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
  Alternate Luke Skywalker Coconut Ent 21 2,946 March 11th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,470 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 905 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,687 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,107 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM