Tracking Horcruxes
PadfootRox Wrote:get lost! i do!!!!!!!!!!
i do, well i think i do
if RAB is Regulus Black
then if you read the 5th book again
when they are cleaning out Grimmauld place they find and i quote
"A necklace that no one can open"

think wot you like but i think its that

I'd thought about that, but I figured that it would have some protection to it. And how would not being able to open it protect it? Still, JK often uses things we dismissed as unimportant details to explain major events later on. For example, Dumbledore saying in the third book "This brings her total of actual prophecies up to two." So perhaps you are right in thinking the necklace is a Horcrux. I wonder how Harry would find it. It's probably lying in a garbage dump somewhere, or in the home of someone who picked it out of the trash because it was pretty. They might have even sold it to someone.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."- Abraham Lincoln
Theres gotta be some way to track it down, thats how Harry would find it. Dumbledore didnt just go "Look a cave! Maybe theres a horcrux in it!" If you get what I mean.:thud:
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
Kingangus Wrote:Theres gotta be some way to track it down, thats how Harry would find it. Dumbledore didnt just go "Look a cave! Maybe theres a horcrux in it!" If you get what I mean.:thud:

Good point, Kingangus! So I wonder if we have the information needed to track it down, or if we get that in the next book. I hope that the information is such that we could track it down if we interpreted correctly and not something that would be impossible for us to figure out. From what we have seen of the books, most clues for other questions were available, right?
i rekon that harry is one if voldamort had to die he would had to die as well it's like if i die i'm taking you with me
Arcadia Wrote:Good point, Kingangus! So I wonder if we have the information needed to track it down, or if we get that in the next book. I hope that the information is such that we could track it down if we interpreted correctly and not something that would be impossible for us to figure out. From what we have seen of the books, most clues for other questions were available, right?

Well ive been thinking about it...Dumbledore was looking in memories for them, obviously, looking for important places and things in Riddle's memories.
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
yes it said in the book that the Four Founders 'collectibles' would likely all be a Horcrux (and with the Locket I think it might be the one in Grimmauld place and I think Kreacher might have it stached away)
Nagini the Snake is probably a Horcrux (DD words)

he hid the locket in a Cave from his Childhood, in a place that is connected to him through his past. Does this mean that the other Horcruxes will be hidden in such a place? (the orphanage or Hogwarts?)
The way to track down the Horcruxes would then mean top find out about Voldy's past..... and of course DD was the perfect man for the job since he's the one who probably new most of Voldy and his past.
How would you see hary's cloak being one? DD gave it to him, i'm sure he checked it and everything first.
sokar Wrote:i rekon that harry is one if voldamort had to die he would had to die as well it's like if i die i'm taking you with me

Please dont start this again, if harry is a horcrux then why is voldie trying to kill him????:there:

and also dear jk isn't that sad to put such an ending, its the lame and heroic thing that harry would do... also if he did voldemort would still be alive because someone would have to kill the last bit, she'll proberbly make neville do that,

have u ever notice how annoyingly heroic harry is, thats why i dont really like him as a person, but i love the books, don't misunderstand me!!!
:halo:EVERY ONES CRAZY, I JUST MAKE IT OBVIOUS:bg:
Sorry if it's been already mentioned but what do you think about the scar being a Horcrux?
Experience is what you get when you fail something
Lack Wrote:Sorry if it's been already mentioned but what do you think about the scar being a Horcrux?

I don't know if it has been, but i know the question "is harry a horcurx?" has been asked a lot.

it could be possible if just the scar was some sort of horcrux. personally, i don't know how that would work, but it's a world full of magic. anything is possible, and knowing j.k, the horcrux will be things that were introduced and forgotten, or something horribly bizarre, or both.
Don't do nothing.
gaudior24601 Wrote:So perhaps you are right in thinking the necklace is a Horcrux. I wonder how Harry would find it. It's probably lying in a garbage dump somewhere, or in the home of someone who picked it out of the trash because it was pretty. They might have even sold it to someone.

Or maybe up for sale in that dark magic place in Diagon Alley from book 2? :leech:
:crazy:
It's a bit late, but I have a thought on the theory of Fawkes as a horcrux. The pheonix dies and is then reborn. This indicates that there is a moment where the pheonix is dead. If Fawkes were the last remaining horcrux and swallowed the killing curse, Voldemorte would then die in that moment before Fawkes is reborn. However, Dumbledore also stated that the piece residing in Voldemorte would have to be destroyed last. This statement makes the above theory a bit unfounded, but what the hell...just throwing it out there.
possible, but if it were like that, I'd expect that there would be more Slytherins or something or the hat would try to suffacate Harry when he tried it on

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where are the Horcruxes? Fred Steve 39 2,268 November 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Darq Ali
  On Horcruxes Kingangus 7 693 April 1st, 2006, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Kingangus
  What are the other Horcruxes? Soldier_of_Gondor 51 2,888 December 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Harry Gondorian
  Horcruxes are NOT people Darth Meela 34 1,549 August 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44