Greatest ever Jedi!
My brother and I were having this discussion not long ago. Neither of us could decide who was the number one Jedi in all of the six Star Wars movies.
I tend to go with Obi-Wan Kenobi. I just love him! In my opinion, no Star Wars character - let alone Jedi - has more style and more finesse than Obi-Wan.
However, I can see why people would consider a number of other Jedi.
Yoda is obviously one of the wisest and most powerful. He gives superb advice and guidance to all characters in the films. I think he might be slightly overrated though. He could almost come across as aragont, in a respectful way.
Mace Windu was powerful. Light sabre duels were always exciting when Mace Windu was participating in them. But I think the fact that he wasn't strong enough to stop Anakin turning when he had the chance makes him slightly less great.
Qui-Gon Jin seemed to be wise. He realised Anakin's potential and he trained Obi-Wan excellently. But let's not forget that Anakin turned and Obi-Wan probably surpassed his old master. And he didn't really have long to shine did he?
Are there any other worthy candidates?
Tell me what you think. I find this debate fascinating so please tel me your thoughts on the matter.
I think Yoda is the greatest Jedi overall.
I agree with you. Obi-Wan was one of the greatest Jedi ever. But from my point of view (if KotOR counts), Revan(if he/she is on the light side) is one of the best Jedi. Although it wasn't his/her choice, he/she becomes a very good Jedi.
Obi-Wan was a great jedi but he was no Yoda. However if it was Yoda from Ep. 1-3 and Ben from 4-6 then thats a question. Other wise Yoda wins hands down. i mean he has his own speak that he does.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 744 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 369 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 425 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 339 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,470 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 905 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,687 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,107 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 1,897 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,327 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM