how old is legolas
i know he is about 100 200 or 300:boar:
i think several thousands but i dont know for sure, someone will know.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
There is no definite date given for Legolas' birth, yet there are few clues. His father is known to have been extent from the Second Age 1000 up through the events of the War of the Ring (since Legolas is still considered a prince, and had not taken the mantle of king). Legolas thus could have easily been born at any time during the Second Age and into the Third, which places him at least a few thousand years old. Legolas, upon entering Fangorn makes a reply to Gimli (who wasn't overly fond of the woods) saying:

"'It is old, very old,' said the Elf. 'So old that almost I feel young again, as I have not felt since I journeyed with you children. It is old and full of memory. I could have been happy here, if I had come in days of peace.'"

Referencing the 87 year old Aragorn as a "child" certainly indicates something of the age of Legolas, and given that Fangorn Forest had been extent for quite some time (prior to the industry of the Second Age which saw them dwindle somewhat) we could easily reflect that Legolas was a child of the middle-to-late Second Age or the early Third Age. We could make a decent guess then of about four-thousand to five-thousand years without missing the mark too much.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I don't think the book-Legolas was several thousand years old, but in the movies he is officially 2937 years old or something like that (this is a number that Brian Sibley or Peter Jackson or someone involved with the movies made up).

I do believe that book-legolas is more than 500 years old. I feel he may only be between 1,000 and 500 years because he doesn't seem to have ever visited Lothlorien -- and he speaks of the events there as if they happened before his lifetime.
You would know better than I would Michael. I'm much more willing to bow to your theory.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
i got 2931 from the books about the trilogy. Michael you weren't far off.
Fear my mad l33t skillz!
:warrior:
thanks micheal and royboy kause ithought legolas was about couple hundred yrs old once again thanks
Nobody knows any better than anyone else about how old Legolas is. My theories for these kinds of unanswerable questions tend to be no better (in my opinion) than anyone else's.

There is really no indication of Legolas' age. Tolkien just doesn't seem to have given his background much thought.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Legolas the greatest elf archer? badlands 2 148 April 14th, 2022, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Luthien was related to Legolas badlands 5 779 June 21st, 2020, 10:31 AM
  How to out-Legolas Legolas Coconut Ent 1 1,487 February 28th, 2019, 01:10 PM
  Is Legolas the best archer in Middle Earth? badlands 1 825 September 15th, 2017, 09:25 PM
  Legolas needs a rival badlands 6 873 August 31st, 2015, 10:45 AM
  Why didn't Legolas notice Gollum? Coconut Ent 11 1,730 August 30th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Legolas' photo bombs badlands 1 562 June 22nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
Last Post: august
  Legolas shooting badlands 1 621 September 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Elenmir
  Legolas and Luthien had the same father? badlands 1 838 May 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  If Legolas were a furry Coconut Ent 11 2,187 March 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM
Last Post: badlands