gimli v.s. gloin who won
who would win a axe fight father or son?
i don't know, we don't see gloin that much. ONly a little in the fellowship. But to go with experience i don't know i might choose the dad.
Fear my mad l33t skillz!
:warrior:
after all gimil uses gloins axe the 2 headed axe see gimlis axe has 1 head and 1 spike so id go for gloin
arg510 Wrote:after all gimil uses gloins axe the 2 headed axe see gimlis axe has 1 head and 1 spike so id go for gloin

Gloin would have been the veteran of several battles, including the Battle of the Five Armies. From what I understand Gimli had yet to participate in any large scale battle, and so the majority of his skill would have derived from training rather than practical use.

I don't see how the difference in weapons would make much of a difference. <shrug> Axes are a very offensive weapon (rather than defensive) and require great strength to weild them for any length of time at all. A drawn-out duel between two accomplished axe-men would eventually boil down to brute strength and stamina. The difference in the two weapons probably wouldn't mean much, unless there was a significant weight difference.

That doesn't help much, but that's my take on it.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
during the battle of the five armies gimli wasent alive. well the hobbit doesent tell if gimli was alive a least what i under stood at least gloin survieved the battle of the five armies.
arg510 Wrote:during the battle of the five armies gimli wasent alive. well the hobbit doesent tell if gimli was alive a least what i under stood at least gloin survieved the battle of the five armies.

You are correct, The Hobbit does not tell us if Gimli was alive. However, we do know the date of this battle (2941) and of Gimli's birth (2879). Gimli would have been (roughly) 62 at the time of the battle. Now, my understanding was that even at this age, Gimli was considered to young to participate (dwarves live rather long lives).
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did the three strands of Galadriel given to Gimli mean ? badlands 3 198 June 11th, 2022, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Tar-Elenion
  Whose axe did Gimli get after he broke his on the ring? badlands 5 452 January 30th, 2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Michael
  What happened to Legolas and Gimli? Lauradriel 33 12,383 August 24th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Legolas and Gimli ivorwen 1 452 July 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Bacchus
  Gimli Bad Mouthing Elves Krasny 13 895 May 7th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Noelle
  Gimli's Uncharacteristic Science Knowledge Tyrannosauron 8 2,860 December 4th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Attalus
  Gimli, John Rhys Davies Mike Friis 6 792 September 19th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Forgetful Gimli? RobRoy 9 1,471 September 8th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Gimli on the Paths of the Dead? RobRoy 15 1,106 May 10th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Attalus