Sin City
I'm planning to go to the movies tonight, or maybe tomorrow, does anybody knows if SIN CITY movie is good? I read some comics and I liked them.
":boar: And in my last hour I'm a slave to the power of death"
I wanted to see it but never got around to it. People who did either liked it or didnt.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
You're only just getting it now? I'm sorry you had to wait this long.

The movie is quite amazing. Brilliant cinematography and art direction, with a knock-out cast to match. Visually stunning, with wonderful dialogue. Definitely not the type of movie that comes out very often. The main characters are quite complex, leaving you pondering over how "good" or "bad" they truly were (indeed, this is a film that doesn't embrace those absolutes, and focuses more on revenge and emotional turmoil). It's been criticised for excessive violence, but I personally didn't find it too disturbing. And if you're a fan of the comics, you're guaranteed to love this movie. Miller's novel provided the storyboard for the film, and parts of it are literally shot frame-for-frame, making it the most faithful film adaptation ever made.
However, I feel that it is slightly overrated. It's been often paraded as the best film of the year, which I don't agree with. But anyway, most of the praise it receives is well-deserved.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
I loved it.

'Nuff said.
Sin city is Lausanne:roll:
I saw it last night and I loved it. It wasn't like anything I had ever seen. I didn't catch wind of any of the hype and i knew only a little about it but it was just amazing!! the cinematography was absolutely fantastic they did a great job staying true to the comics. the characters were all very interesting and the story was good. it was a bit sensory over load i thought after a while but the violence didn't bother me so much, although i found some parts to be pretty mentally disturbing such as farmboy kevin. i really loved the soundtrack too, im thinking ill have to buy this movie when it comes out!
Everyone knows that 90% of all statistics are made up! :wicked: :crazy: :halo:
Ok, thanks a lot to everyone.
I just saw SIN CITY and all I can say is that to me it was AWESOME!!!:clap:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Herculean the movie of the destroyed city badlands 1 452 July 13th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Videos: Trailers for "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" FilmGuy 0 419 July 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Videos: Trailers for "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" FilmGuy 0 467 July 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Sex in the city 3&4, Open season 2, and Wallace and Gromit 2,etc badlands 1 495 October 31st, 2010, 02:46 PM
Last Post: august
  Dark City, Anyone? dasher 4 673 October 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  "City of Ember" - Synopsis and Cast Info Michael 0 487 August 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
  Jessica Alba talks 'Sin City', 'Fantastic Four' Michael 0 604 April 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM
  Dark City Calli 15 1,275 August 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Calli
  Sin City superscifiwebmaster 0 478 September 23rd, 2005, 11:25 PM
Last Post: superscifiwebmaster
  La Cite des enfants perdus / The City of Lost Children Dagny Taggart 10 901 May 14th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Last Post: moif