Snape and the Prophecy
A thought just came to me....

Lots of you agree that Snape will be the one to kill off Voldemort because Harry will not be powerful enough. And I agree, it would be a good way for Snape to redeem himself of the latest mistrust that book 6 has given us of him. Plus there was, as one person said, a lot of talk about Snapes amazing powers as a wizard. Plus I just can't stand to think of Snape as a baddie cos I have liked and trusted his character throughout all the books, so I would like for him to prove himself to both the Order and to Harry potter in some grand magnificent way. Plus Harry has actually always need magical help in each confrontation with Voldy (DD or Fawkes). Plus I really really do think that Dumbledore put his complete total faith in Snape for a reason. JKR will not have biult up over 5/6 books and image of a truely amazing wizard only to leave him to make a gaff that ends his life.

This adds up to...
I think that in book 7 we will see the evidence come to us as to why DD trusted Snape implicitly (although this will probably be towrads the very end knowing JKR's writing)
I think that it is actually Snape who is the chosen one from the prophecy.
Voldy thought it must have been Harry because he failed to die and was left with a scar, and the prophecy only became true because Voldy believed it.
But... Only Dumbledore and Trelawney know the full details of the prophecy. Snape only heard it partially through the keyhole, and no-one heard it fully when it was released because of the fighting.
`The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies . and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not . and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives . the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies .'
When Trelawney told this prophecy, Snape was approaching the door...
I think that Dubmledore trusted Snape implicitely because he knows that Snape is the chosen one. He is marked, by Voldy, on his arm, the mark of a death eater.

What do you reckon?
Happy:daisy:
Awww.. another late night thought, and a horrid one too.. this means Snape will die
:fright: :fright: :fright: :teary: :teary: :teary:
Happy Flowergirl Wrote:Awww.. another late night thought, and a horrid one too.. this means Snape will die
:fright: :fright: :fright: :teary: :teary: :teary:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Your late night thoughts are pretty decent. Wink
SPOILER...

I have to admit I've become very attached to these ink and paper characters. I was up late last night finishing the book. I got so depressed with the ending. In particular the fact that once again Snape seems doomed to be the villian - that reaaaalllly annoys me.

I think that conversation overheard by Hagrid is significant in explaining Snape and Professor D.'s plans.

I also think Professor D calling out Snape's name at the end was misinterpreted by everyone there. I think he was reminding Snape of their agreement.

I hope Rowlings has got the next book well and truly written already cause I'll need another hit of Harry Potter soon cause this book was really satisfying.
I believe JKR said on her website that Snape's birthday is January 9. For him to be the Chosen One, he would have to have been born on July 31 like Harry and Neville. Very interesting theory, though.
I don't think that Snape has anything to do with the prophecy, after all, he was already born when it was made, and in Book 6 Dumbledore had that nice long speech about how Harry had been made the subject of the prophecy because Voldemort believed he was. I do think you might be correct about Snape dying. But I don't want to make any predictions about the 7th book deaths because I really have no idea, beyond Harry not dying.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."- Abraham Lincoln
I think Snape has agreed to protect Harry. I think it was always Professor D. plan...maybe they even made an Unbreakabe Vow way back when Snape left Voldermort. It could be Snape's way of making up for his mistake...after all he did care about Lily at one time. I think Professor D. has to remind him towards the end that he to keep to his promises..even if it meant doing something that would ruin his reputation even further.
I don't think Snape is the Chosen One, but I think he will redeem himself and die in #7.

For those of you wanting to argue the Snape not being born at the end of July, it could be said that the being born is a metaphor for something.
the chosen one.... is there a chosen one?

anyway I think snape will protect harry when it comes down to it, even if it will cost hin his life.... don't know if ot wil go that far though... only JK can say!
Irefni Wrote:I think Snape has agreed to protect Harry. I think it was always Professor D. plan...maybe they even made an Unbreakabe Vow way back when Snape left Voldermort. It could be Snape's way of making up for his mistake...after all he did care about Lily at one time. I think Professor D. has to remind him towards the end that he to keep to his promises..even if it meant doing something that would ruin his reputation even further.

That's an interesting thought... But don't think Dumbledore was the sort of person to go making Unbreakable Vows with people, considering that if the person breaks the vow they die. And even if Snape did agree to protect Harry, I doubt he always keeps his promises.

But I do think Snape will redeem himself in the 7th book, and that he probably die in the process.
"He doesn't always keep his promises"

I can't remember Snape ever modifying his behaviour in any of the books.
He is by nature a Slytherine (basically I suppose I mean sneaky and arrogant)
and he has never tried to hide that from anyone...in fact he is proud of it.
At the same time he has only shown himself to be trustworthy and brave in dangerous times. And I think that's when it counts....he can give Harry as many detentions and take points off his house etc. but that is nothing compared to saving Harry's life time and time again.

Whether he likes Harry or not (and his prejudice against him is based not really on Harry but his father and I hope that gets resolved at some stage) he doesn't want another death on his hands.
What's this about Snape redeeming himself?
Redeem for what... his only mistake was reporting to Voldemort about the prophecy, mistake wich he redeemed long by saving harry's life.

And yes, dumbledore wouldn't just die like that, he let himself be sacrificed just so Snape coul earn the trust of vold and the Death eaters.
In the end Snape will rise... the oppressed mind. He is the true hero... have you ever known him to be happy... he has always suffered and was never credited by anyone but dumbledore for his actions... yes, in the end he will prove his valour... he will be the one to join harry's side and finidh voldie off with harry.
Harry's only valueable ally his born of his only hate. How about that? Harry had to be fooled, so that the other death eaters could see him raging off towards Snape...
And probably as he will die, so will harry, meaning that probably snape... the real "hero" will go down in history as a traitor, being a martyr for a higher cause, leaving all the glory to his only hate : Potter...

:worry:

poor Snape...
What a depressing thought - "go down in history as a traitor". If that was the case I'd have to write a long and very rude letter to J.K.R
pika100891 Wrote:I believe JKR said on her website that Snape's birthday is January 9. For him to be the Chosen One, he would have to have been born on July 31 like Harry and Neville. Very interesting theory, though.

Oooh where does it say this on her website? I must have missed that.. (just like I missed the opening of the door.. darn!)
oh and about her website, did you discover all the secrets? I think i'm up to 3 now Big Grin
Irefni Wrote:"He doesn't always keep his promises"

I can't remember Snape ever modifying his behaviour in any of the books.
He is by nature a Slytherine (basically I suppose I mean sneaky and arrogant)
and he has never tried to hide that from anyone...in fact he is proud of it.
At the same time he has only shown himself to be trustworthy and brave in dangerous times. And I think that's when it counts....he can give Harry as many detentions and take points off his house etc. but that is nothing compared to saving Harry's life time and time again.

Whether he likes Harry or not (and his prejudice against him is based not really on Harry but his father and I hope that gets resolved at some stage) he doesn't want another death on his hands.

When I said I doubt that Snape always keeps his promises, I meant that I don't think Snape is completely trustworthy. But then again, I'm one of those few people here who think that Snape betrayed Dumbledore (I'm not saying that I think he WANTED to, just that he did). And while I don't think Snape particularly wants Harry to be killed, I don't think protecting him is the most important thing on his mind, either.

Happy Flowergirl Wrote:Oooh where does it say this on her website? I must have missed that.. (just like I missed the opening of the door.. darn!)

I apologize... I probably should have said I HEARD that it said on JKR's website that's Snape's birthday was January 9; I didn't actually see it myself. I got that info from "The Leaky Cauldron" and a couple of other popular fansites, so I decided that it was trustworthy, but with all the rumors flying around you can never be sure. Sorry about that.

And no, I didn't discover all the secrets yet Wink I think I've only found one so far, and I'm too lazy to go searching for the rest of them :bg:
I don't reckon that Voldemort, by giving Snape a Death Mark, has marked him as his equal... Death Eaters are like Voldemorts servants, not equals.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan Film: "Severus Snape and the Marauders" Michael 2 421 May 30th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Michael
  RIP Professor Snape Paul Goode 3 604 January 17th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video of Alan Rickman talking about playing Snape BookBug 0 423 January 24th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Last Post: BookBug
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 698 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Is Snape Dumbledore's Man? [Spoliers for Deathly Hallows] Darq Ali 42 2,464 August 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Another Snape theory Paul Goode 37 2,062 July 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: AJ786
  Is Snape Abusive? RobRoy 46 3,979 February 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  snape is a good guy gbjefferson 78 2,955 September 12th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Darq Ali
  snape loves lily?it exlpains everything! gbjefferson 16 1,421 May 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM
Last Post: abz_ob
  Harry Potter 5-Will we see Snape's Worst Memory? Pechark 26 1,562 December 21st, 2005, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44