Who is the best Sith Lord?
The best is Darth Maul, he is a creature of pure evil and he was trained all of his life to kill the jedi.
:angry:
Darth Maul Rules!
I am Darth Zaden
:angry:
is this thread a question of opinion or just a statement from you?
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
Do you mean "best" or "worst?" I suppose from the Sith viewpoint, morality is illusory, therefore "best" would be most powerful or competent.

Darth Maul seemed to be a brute-force assassin, pure and simple, with little subtlety or imagination. I find it hard to picture him succeeding Darth Sidious as an effective Sith Master. It may very well be that Sidious was counting on eventually discarding him anyway. In any event, Obi-Wan took him out, so he wasn't that great of a Jedi-killer.

Count Dooku / Darth Tyrannus was a much more interesting and evil one IMO, perhaps in part because Christopher Lee was cast in the part. (since he was given a Sith title I must assume he secretly was inducted by Sidious after Maul bought it.)

For Sith-effectiveness and interesting subtle evil, the Master himself, Darth Sidious, is hard to beat. (His friends would call him "Sid", but he doesn't have any.) He conceives and orchestrates this whole web of political intrigue and covert plots that divides the Republic and keeps the Republic and the Jedi misidentifying the source and nature of the threats arrayed against them. (Hence, "Phantom Menace"). All this time, he maintains this unsuspected nebbishy Neville-Chamberlainish public alter ego that quietly and mildly allows himself to be elevated to ultimate power by the panicky confused Senate. Sidious rules! (literally, until the consequences of his own successes eventually undo him.)
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
From a looks cool factor, Maul does pretty good, but I have to agree, from a Sith Lord rating angle hes pretty lame. He trains his whole life to kill Jedi and kills one. Dam that's slick!

We are introduced to 4 Sith in the movies (I'm not going into books here), Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, and Vader. Sidious is the brains behind the operation. He get credit for duping all the Jedi and the senate. Also, he can get busy with a lightsaber. Tyranus doesn't actually do much fighting until the Clone Wars as a Sith. At that point he appears to be very good. He fights a tougher-than-the-one-who-beat-Maul Kenobi and lightsaber natural Anakin and wins. He holds up good against Yoda. And there's prety good evidence Sidious helped Anakin defeat him. Vader destroys the temple and hunts down and destroys all the Jedi that aren't killed by the clones(according to the movies).

Just on a win tally actually seen in the movies, Maul comes out on the bottom.
Vader- all the younglings and padawans, Darth Tyranus(as Anakin), Darth sidious, Obiwan Kenobi
Sidous-4 Jedi Masters, plus the ones he got with the clones.
Tyranus-no kills, but he defeats Anakin & Kenobi.
Maul-Quigon Jinn

How about person who kills them?
Sidous- Vader, Sith Lord
Tyranus- Skywalker, Jedi Knight
Vader- Sidious+Skywalker, Sith Lord and Jedi Knight respectively
Maul- Kenbi, Padawan Learner

I admit, Maul looks cool. If I were desgning a Sith Lord as a charater on a game or something, he'd look more like Maul than, say, Tyranus. But insofar as his affectiveness vs. Jedi, he kinda stinks.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Dooku left the Jedi order because of his ideals and changed from a Jedi to a Sith, whereas Vader is still able to feel regret, compassion (I mean unconsciously when it comes to his chlidren) and love to his son. That love enables him to kill the emperor.
Ladyjedi Wrote:Dooku left the Jedi order because of his ideals and changed from a Jedi to a Sith, whereas Vader is still able to feel regret, compassion (I mean unconsciously when it comes to his chlidren) and love to his son. That love enables him to kill the emperor.

I'm uncertain how you're able to determine what Dooku as Tyranous and Anakin as Vader are or aren't able to feel.

Despite this, both Dooku and Anakin were once Jedi and later became Sith.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
It has to be Darth Vader!
Darth Maul was amazing. His dark and mysteriosness blended perfectly with his pure evil and fury. But not good enough i'm affraid.
Sidious was obviously the most powerful and wise. But his confidence ended up being his downfall. Just too arrogant for my liking.
Darth Tyranous was just pants to be honest. The Count Dooku character was good; but his Sith counterpart could have been a lot better.
In the end I just love Darth Vader's mix of inhumane fury and evil with totally human compassion and almost regret in what he had done - both of which made him stronger.

There have been other Jedi that became Sith, back in the olllllllllllld days, at least one that I know of (I have no idea how to spell his name, so I'll go get a link and come back with it).

Darth Maul is a loser. He is prob the SIth that trained most in fighting and then he gets chopped up in one of the first fights he has against Jedi (I believe he fights a few Jedi in the books, but I'm not sure) :book:

Sidious killed Mace, Kit, Agen, and Saesee in about 5 minutes (only Mace held out), so hick kicks Maul's tail.

Vader killed Sidious, so I think Vader is the Best.
[QUOTE=bluejedi89]There have been other Jedi that became Sith, back in the olllllllllllld days, at least one that I know of (I have no idea how to spell his name, so I'll go get a link and come back with it).QUOTE]
I think you are refering to Ullic Qel Droma. He's the one with the weird name.

If my opinion counts, i think Vader is the best. He has that evil in him and that makes him cool (i think). And if the games count too, i think Darth Malak and Darth Revan were one of the most powerfull.And Darth Nihilus,Darth Traya(Kreia) and Darth Sion (from KotOR 1 and 2) Big Grin

I think you are refering to Ullic Qel Droma. He's the one with the weird name.

yep, thats who I was thinking of, thanks.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars RobRoy 1 764 January 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars The Force Unleashed Sith Edition Trailer Han Solo 2 944 August 3rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Jammin
  REVIEWS - Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (spoilers) Han Solo 132 18,540 January 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 1,898 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Sith names Gollum wannabe 5 1,281 June 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Gollum wannabe
  Name those Sith Gorgoro 23 2,730 March 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Last Post: darth_kaizer
  star wars VS lord of rings frkman 18 1,275 February 26th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  which sith do yout hink has the best battle style? Jar Jar Binks 28 2,057 March 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Scoundrel
  Which Sith do you think looks the coolest? Darth Chloron 8 1,493 March 14th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Last Post: masterzap13
  Create a sith SithApprentice 1 1,068 December 19th, 2005, 05:14 PM