The Flight of Dragons

Also great:

Shrek I & II
Ice Age

Series:

Futurama
Family Guy
The Simpsons
X-men (not Evolution, the original ones)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
celeb-galad Wrote:X-men (not Evolution, the original ones)

Likewise. I thought Evolution stunk.
vikuxa Wrote:whats Rocko's Modern Life about?

Rocko's Modern Life was a show on (I think) Nickelodeon in the mid '90's.
Ostensibly it was about an Australian wallaby trying to live in the fictional US town called O-Town. You would definitely have to like what I call comedy of the absurd and surreal to appreciate it, and, like Family Guy, a lot of the jokes and references are thrown out pretty quickly (although nothing as obviously raunchy...it was a kid's show, unlike FG). It was goofy...I like goofy. :crazy:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
I recall Rocko's Modern Life being pretty raunchy considering the audience it was aimed at. It's been several years, though, so maybe I'm forgetting what it was like. Not that I ever really saw a full episode. :bg:
rocko's modern life was one of my favourites too, it was about a wallabie whose best friend was a cow raised by wolves Big Grin
He had another friend who was a turtle.
they were pretty bizarre, and I love them. He had this neighbors who were frogs, and they were way too.... weird... they had this huge organization called conglom-o they made fun about very political, and social issues....

so that's pretty much it...
I like clone high, the one with this zim alien was pretty cool too, zim the invasor or something like that.

animated movies, I like shrek, finding nemo, emperor's new groove, alice in wonderland

I also love anime, like gantz, card captor sakura, mirumo de pon, etc
Boomstick Wrote:I recall Rocko's Modern Life being pretty raunchy considering the audience it was aimed at. It's been several years, though, so maybe I'm forgetting what it was like. Not that I ever really saw a full episode. :bg:

:laugh: I would have to say, Boomstick, that you are correct. That is why I had to put the "obviously" in there...although I never leave out the possibility that sometimes my head goes in various directions not intended by writers of shows ("wait a minute...was that a reference to (fill in the blank with any and all manner of things)?") :crazy:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
lets see...

family guy
recess
any of the old superhero cartoons (justice league, superman, stuff like that)
shrek
shrek II
ice age
toy story
land before time (only number one--a classic)
robin hood(starring the fox as robin, and the other fox as maid marian)

a few others from my childhood that i can't remember. i like the older cartoons, although some of the new ones are pretty funny and interesting also.
Don't do nothing.
I find all the new ones are too anime inspired. The new Batman cartoon stinks. I suspect the studios go for that anime style because it's cheaper, given that half of it isn't even animated. If you took an episode of "The Batman" and compared it to "Batman:The Animated Series," I bet BTAS would have nearly twice as much animation in it.
Boomstick Wrote:I find all the new ones are too anime inspired. The new Batman cartoon stinks. I suspect the studios go for that anime style because it's cheaper, given that half of it isn't even animated. If you took an episode of "The Batman" and compared it to "Batman:The Animated Series," I bet BTAS would have nearly twice as much animation in it.

That's sadly true

There's little effort into the new cartoons, not even in the script, because they have this bunch of guideline episodes that every bloody series have one of each. For example every series have the accept the diferent epsiode, the love your weird family, friends that learn their friendship is for ever even if they get mad at times.... etc
I assume cartoon does not include animes?

I personally like anime more, but when I was younger I love American cartoon movies. Still like them, I suppose. I'm partial to Disney cartoons; compare to the detail to art and animation of Japanese animes, they aren't exactly great. But I don't care. I like their simplistic drawing, their child-like appeal, and clean story, and their humor. Personally favourites include Mulan, Lion King.
Even the sun goes down.

Guy Gavriel Kay, from "Lions of Al-Rassan"
(soon to be made into a movie)
south park, wonder showzen...yeah, i'm a nut
whizz Wrote:i love animes, adn cartoons too

I love Anime too. I like Kingdom Hearts because it combines so many of my fav cartoon characters from Final Fantasy and Disney. Do you like Final Fantasy? I love Cloud and Tifa, two of my favorites!

Of course I have the inside scoop because I work part time with Square Enix. Oh by the way HI, Im a newbie, nice to meet you all! Smile
:dude: Don't stop til you get enough.
Tom and Jerry, what else could I like Cool
Hmm, cartoons on television that I used to watch and liked:

The X-Men. The original, not Evolution.
Scooby Doo
Chip and Dale
Alvin and the Chipmunks

I will probably remember more later.
Scooby Doo
Batman
Alvin and the Chipmunks
The Simpsons
The Boondocks

[Image: travis_trashy.gif]
I just remembered one to add that I used to watch. It was probably the first thing that I watched properly every week I think.

Pirates of Dark Water

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn't there a cartoon about commercial product mascots? badlands 5 329 June 21st, 2017, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Michael