Mutant Bar Blues - v.2 - Always Open!
Wow, some folks here! I'll have a beer, thanks. :bg:
Hello people of earth. Smile
S T R I F E

Rest springs from strife and dissonant chords beget Divinest harmonies.
  • Um#18/C-div
  • Keeper of Creegan's evil grin
  • Keeper of mischief
Yay, a Yule reunion party!
:bounce:
Indeed! What's everyone got planned for this holiday season? I've got nothin'! :bg:
I'm just staying in the city. Going to mum's for Yule eve.
Our family have spread out, so no big family reunions, now that my grandparents in my home village have passed away. We used to gather at their house.
I'll just have a quiet Yule (with one workday) - relax and read books.

Hey, anyone want to join me here in the bar and make mutant gingerbread people? :bg:
ooh yea I can make some with one eye and two heads Smile <starts to get the stuff together for cookies>
Hathor
[aka] Baegia --- Raiding Troubador of Blackstar Rising
Darkamber Wrote:I'm just staying in the city. Going to mum's for Yule eve.
Our family have spread out, so no big family reunions, now that my grandparents in my home village have passed away. We used to gather at their house.
I'll just have a quiet Yule (with one workday) - relax and read books.

Hey, anyone want to join me here in the bar and make mutant gingerbread people? :bg:

Sounds good. I'll be at my parents place, I think my sister's coming in from out of town. Should be a good time,we'll see.

Mutant gingerbread people? Why not?
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Hope you guys have a good one!
And in Boomstick's honor, may I wish everyone a Happy Boxing Day, with the traditional "Hey, pass me another beer, it's Boxing Day, eh?" :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hahaha! Good one, August! Yeah, no boxing day for me I'm afraid, I had to work the day after Christmas! :bg:
Happy New Year, folks! Let's hope it's a good one...
Happy New Year everybody! Smile

And now for something totally random: I was re-reading some old Pat McManus stories. He is widely acclaimed for his humor (and rightly so), but I realized that he's actually a truly excellent writer as well (something I may have overlooked in the past due to laughing so hard). For example here's a single sentence from one of his stories (The Miracle of the Fish Plate):

"I had become a nine-year old existentialist, abandoning all faith and hope, driving myself on armed only with simple defiance of despair."

Not bad for a humor piece, huh? On the other hand I can't recommend his recent (and as far as I know only) novel.
Bailey 1729 Wrote:"I had become a nine-year old existentialist, abandoning all faith and hope, driving myself on armed only with simple defiance of despair."

That's brilliant! :bg: I'm going to have to read that.
Blue enters the M.B.B. and thinks to herself, "Well this joint is just as post apocalyptic as usual! Kewl!" she walk up to the bar and pushes a dead mutant cyborg off a stool and sits in its place...

Well, August wanted to know what I've been up too....
Hmmme... just the usual mayhem. Life's kinda boring these days.

Shows I'm watching this season...

Ugly Betty [Image: hysteric.gif]

Grey's Anatomy [Image: jab.gif]

Supernatural [Image: girl_werewolf.gif]

Torchwood [Image: Ghostbusters_01.gif]

Doctor Who [Image: tardisturn.gif]

Smallville [Image: superman.gif]

Lost [Image: banana_islandshark.gif]

Heroes [Image: Banana_Batman.gif] [Image: cheerleader3.gif] [Image: flame.gif]

And of course Battlestar Galactica and Stargate... no smilies.
Only allowed ten.

There were more, but many have gone the way of all great shows. Still miss Invasion and Alias from last year.

I hope everybody here is doing great!!!
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Hey, we have a Lost forum....and a good many threads on Who and Torchwood in the gen. sf section - so be sure to make an appearance there as well!

There's definitely a science fiction aspect to Grey's Anatomy - who'd have thought that when little Patrick Dempsey, from Can't Buy Me Love and Loverboy, would end up being a sex symbol in his 40's!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:There's definitely a science fiction aspect to Grey's Anatomy - who'd have thought that when little Patrick Dempsey, from Can't Buy Me Love and Loverboy, would end up being a sex symbol in his 40's!

Oh not to me he isn't... I call him McCheater, McLiar & McSleazy. Rolleyes
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:

:wave:

:paw: :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:

OK, who lives in or near Toronto?

Evil Dead: The Musical opens May 8th at Diesel Playhouse in Toronto. Tickets for the run through June 23 go on sale Saturday, with the first 100 tickets sold in person for the May 1 preview on offer for just $1.00 -- one ticket per customer.

After that, prices range from $17.50 to $49. For tickets, call (416) 971-5656 or visit http://www.evildeadthemusical.com.
Time for ... Thanksgiving reunion! Yay! (ok I'm a little early but maybe by the time it rolls around a few people might have taken a look). Time for all lurkers to join the reunion and let your presence be known :coffee:.
august Wrote:OK, who lives in or near Toronto?

Evil Dead: The Musical opens May 8th at Diesel Playhouse in Toronto. Tickets for the run through June 23 go on sale Saturday, with the first 100 tickets sold in person for the May 1 preview on offer for just $1.00 -- one ticket per customer.

After that, prices range from $17.50 to $49. For tickets, call (416) 971-5656 or visit http://www.evildeadthemusical.com.

I'm sorry I missed this, I hit Toronto once in a while, I would have made a point to try and get there this summer if I'd known. I was there in September, don't know if it was still running.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mutant Bar Blues 3.0 - The New Breed august 272 34,568 September 1st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Grudge 2 (3rd Ghost House film in a row to open at #1) on F/X 10/26 + 10/27 august 23 3,369 April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: august
  origin for the "mutant bar blues" scene on VH1, Sat. 8/8 @ 4 and 11 PM august 7 1,551 August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
  Treehouse/Lounge/Drunken Pig Tavern now open! Sparkle 380 20,713 March 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
  Cleopets...I mean neopets guild is open!! Antha 9 1,446 April 15th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Antha
  Cleo 2525 and Mutant X on DVD.... CorXena 8 924 April 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Last Post: CorXena
  Mutant Bar Blues - Now Open ! Darkamber 495 17,718 March 14th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Stripe