Wow Super Rare Andre Norton - Were-Wrath- Hand bound
Quite an expensive edition on sale on E-Bay.

Tom
Were Wrath came out from Cheap Street
Rather than the copies being "cheap" they are extraordinarily bound.

I haven't checked the copy on ebay, but they came out in several elegantly bound copies.

The standard copy has dust jacket in "veneer". Or at least paper that has the graining like a veneer - with title and graphic printed on. [I cannot remember if there was a thin sheet of what looked like wax paper surrounding that.] The paper used, was a heavy (thick) cream, and the endpapers had lots of bits, and were handmade with a high rag content. I believe that the book is bound in green cloth.

I have the proofs, which are oversized tall. Bound in Green Italian cloth. Yes, they even bound their uncorrected proofs.

I have a couple of boxed editions - bound in Italian cloth, Niger Goat spine surrounds. I also have a copy of the prospectus (cannot spell this morning), which describes the different editions. This reads like the descriptions of an ice-cream sunday.

Of course all of these are far from my computer. If you want more detail, drop me a line.
Irene
I wanted to look at this out of curiosity to see what I can't afford Smile , but I can't find a listing. Do you have an item # I can check out? Searching for combinations of were & wrath doesn't return anything. Hunting through the results of a search for Andre Norton, didn't see it (of course, I could have missed it).

However, I did see a listing for the complete (252 books!!) Gregg Press line. only $40,000. Smile

P.
Paul (no, the other one)
Captain of the ISS Andre Norton

By vocation, I am a Horta-master
By avocation, I am a reader
By Dream, I am a star-roamer
By choice, I am Andrefan
Heeeeere Lottery, Lottery, Lottery! Later Kind Folks--Paul :lol: :bg:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Well, Duh! I asked for a link, but I didn't post one myself. Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...y=377&rd=1

BTW, that $40k will also get you "the original painting done by Jack Gaughan for the cover of the Andre Norton Witch World books published by Gregg Press."

Oh, and it isn't the complete Gregg Press line, just the complete Gregg Press SF line. Sorry about that...

P.
Paul (no, the other one)
Captain of the ISS Andre Norton

By vocation, I am a Horta-master
By avocation, I am a reader
By Dream, I am a star-roamer
By choice, I am Andrefan

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were-Wrath Lots-A-Watts 8 324 October 12th, 2022, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Andre on "Jeopardy!" Jerrie 1 396 July 4th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 49 32,535 July 2nd, 2022, 09:55 AM
  a vivid Andre Norton moment Jerrie 2 435 June 6th, 2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Collecting Norton Lots-A-Watts 8 809 May 25th, 2022, 08:47 AM
  Andre Norton inspired Martha Wells Jerrie 3 1,036 May 15th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 887 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Andre's burial site Tudorlady419 3 747 November 24th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tudorlady419
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 832 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 810 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM