Question about the droids attacking ship
Remember when the little droids attacked Obi Wan ship in ROTS and Anikan had to save him?

Why didn't he just force push them off the ship?
Well, I'm assuming because the ship's hull or glass was in the way. The force push starts from his hand so he would have broken his canopy or something.
I can imagine quite a bit.
OK, that may explain it. I thought a jedi could control the force push and only push things they wanted instead of anything in front of them.
Im sure obi wan wanted to keep his concentration on flying his ship, especially as he was losing control. The jedi starfighter has less onboard systems than normal fighters as the jedi who pilot them would naturally use the force to help pilot the ship. So, basically, obi wan was keeping his concentration on flying the ship.Thats my theory anyway.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
^I would agree with Boba, Obi Wan, Jango
Because they were stupid and put there to entertain children. Just like the battle droids who started talking like brooklyn street thugs!

Lord knows, a missle full of little droids who take ten minutes to destroy a ship makes more sense than a missle that simple blows the ship up. Another case of too much cg, too little creative control.

Question: If ships have sheilds to prevent objects from hitting them, how did these droids land on the ship?
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
shields protect from explosive and fast moving blasts from lasers and missles. These little droids, themselves have their own shields and dont explode on impact.The droids guide themselves in and attach themselves magnetically.

Does it make sense to use these? I would say yes. The republic seem to have fighter superiority , even though the droid tri fighters do seem effective. Its possible to evade the blast of a missle or to shoot them down before they impact. Discord missles dont hit the ship, but come close enough to release the buzz droids. IMO they are quite effective. The reason they seem to take so long is because they need to get rid of the astro droid to hack into the ships system.Obii Wan was almost taken out of action pretty quickly. Buzz Droids are only one of the weapons used by both the sides in the war. During large scale conflicts, opposong sides are always coming up with more creative ways of destroying the other side.

As for the droids accents, lucas put them in for the kids. It was there as a bit of light before the inevitable darker parts of the story had to follow.Notice how we only hear the droids speak during this sequence? And lUcas knows what hes doing. When I saw the movie, the kids in the movie loved that sort of stuff,like the SBDs vs R2 , Artoo zapping a SBD and then being kicked over , droids going 'uh oh' before they are smashed by the elevator.

i didnt think the jedi starfighters had shields on them. they dont have hyperdrives either , hence the hyperdrive rings systems. when plo koon gets turned into orange goo, there is no shield to stop those blasters, so i assumed there were none.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
well according to the cross section books they do have shields. When Obi Wan is being chased in his jedi starfighter by jango , it looks as if the ships shields take some of the blasts .
I can only assume that either the high powered blasters of the ARC 170s made short work of the Delta 7s shields or plo koon simply didn't haven't them raised as he wasnt expecting attack

^ i stand corrected ^
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
I personally think that those "Buzz Droids" were a bad idea.

What I wan't to know is why Obiwan didn't just accelerate or decelerate abruptly; would have saved him time, and would have saved his ship.
Gaius Baltar, you're so cool
Too bad you're a Cylon tool

Baltar is a CylonYou know its true.
Apollo Wrote:I personally think that those "Buzz Droids" were a bad idea.

What I wan't to know is why Obiwan didn't just accelerate or decelerate abruptly; would have saved him time, and would have saved his ship.

Because then Anakin stayed "unemployed" (lol). And maybe GL needed to make the film more longer, so he put the buzz droids.
"-I'm very charitable, remember that time I gave blood?.
-Who's blood?
-Some guy's"
"Archangel, Dark Angel, lend us thy light. Through Death's veil, 'til we have Heaven in sight." Cradle of Filth
Apollo Wrote:I personally think that those "Buzz Droids" were a bad idea.

The droids have magna-pod feet which keep them attached to the ship.

If Anakin could have gently brushed those Magana Pod footed Buzz droids away with his wing, a full stop would have undoubtebly sent them flying.
Gaius Baltar, you're so cool
Too bad you're a Cylon tool

Baltar is a CylonYou know its true.
But where's the fun (and better way of showing Anakins piloting skills) in that?
Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance.

My shirt size is medium husky.
Boba,Obi Wan,Jango Wrote:Im sure obi wan wanted to keep his concentration on flying his ship, especially as he was losing control. The jedi starfighter has less onboard systems than normal fighters as the jedi who pilot them would naturally use the force to help pilot the ship. So, basically, obi wan was keeping his concentration on flying the ship.Thats my theory anyway.

i agree and if you listen to obi-wan he doesnt llike to fly he always says flying is for droids so if he doesnt like to fly i dont think he would want to used the force and all of his concentration
Confusedtorm:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darth & Droids RobRoy 0 848 March 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Question: Republic gunships Sovereign 8 1,216 February 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sovereign
  Question: Venators vs. Recusants Sovereign 12 2,453 February 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Sovereign
  A question Arvegil 9 1,009 August 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian
  Question about moff rank Progenitoriviox 3 821 August 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Question "Q" smelly yoda 12 765 December 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Last Post: smelly yoda
  Battle Droids-Really that thick? Pechark 12 887 December 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  What happened to Anakin´s ship? Ladyjedi 2 584 November 21st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  A question Darth Maul 1 3,942 October 20th, 2005, 01:54 PM