Diamonds and Guns (Renee O'Connor's indie film)
:kitty: Just wanted to know if anyone knows what happen to Diamonds and Guns that movie Renee' Made? I never saw it out anywhere? Has it been on Tv or DVD? And what about the second movie ? Can't remember the name? But never saw that one out ether. Thanks XenaGabby888 Confusedun:
Xena & Gabrielle soulmates forever!
Oki, here goes filmography ( from imdb.com) : p.s. no Diamonds and Guns ..

# Alien Apocalypse (2005) (TV) .... Kelly
# One Weekend a Month (2004) .... Meg McDermott
# Rubbernecking (2000) .... Ashton

# Hercules and Xena - The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus (1998) (V) (voice) .... Gabrielle
# "Xena: Warrior Princess" (1995) TV Series .... Gabrielle
# The Rockford Files: A Blessing in Disguise (1995) (TV) .... Laura Sue Dean
# Follow the River (1995) (TV) .... Bettie Draper
# Hercules and the Lost Kingdom (1994) (TV) .... Deianeira
# Darkman II: The Return of Durant (1994) (V) .... Laurie Brinkman
# The Flood: Who Will Save Our Children? (1993) (TV) .... Leslie
# The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993) .... Julia Wilks
... aka The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
# Sworn to Vengeance (1993) (TV)
# Stone Cold (1991/I) .... Tinselteeth
# Changes (1991) (TV) .... Jessica Adams
... aka Danielle Steel's 'Changes'
# False Identity (1990) .... Angela Errickson

# Night Game (1989) .... Lorraine Beasley
# Black Snow (1989) .... Jennifer Winslow
# Match Point (1989) (TV) .... Robin
# Teen Angel (1989) (TV) .... Nancy Nichols
At the Creation Seattle convention in May Renee showed parts of Diamonds and Guns and stated that it was still being worked on, they needed to reshoot a couple of scenes.
Thanks Tobias I new I wasn't crazy. Or dreamed it. Xenagabby888
Hay Tobias how was the Seattle Covention? Did you get any pictures?
Some more recent news on this film, from ROC's site:

Quote:Things have changed, yet again, and I will not be filming a piece for this project. We are going to make our final cut with the material we have, so I will not be directing anything for it. Still aiming to be finished in February next year!

.....the first part was directed by Chris Dollard, the second part by Ted Raimi... The way the film is structured, all the parts will be intermingled so you won't really know who did what, but I hope each aspect brings its own life to the film. This project has been an unbelievable lesson in independent filmmaking for me, and I can't believe how fortunate I have been to have been on this roller coaster for the past two years.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
[COLOR="Blue"]The latest from Renee, at her site:

"I started painting again. I am almost finished with "Too Much Information.” Pretty unusual piece. I watch CNN while I paint it and the vision of Mother Earth keeps bringing herself to the surface. I will use any proceeds from its sale to finish the last of production for "Diamonds and Guns.” Joe Lo Duca's music has finally been completed. Hopefully, I can start the final post-production phase now. YE-HA!"

[/COLOR]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
[COLOR="Blue"]

From Renee's site:

"I just started the sound mix for D&G with the guy who created the chakram sound for Xena. Turns out we have been working together for many more years than I had originally thought, going back to Darkman II and the Hercules tele-movies. We have some laughs! He told me the story of how the 'whoosh' really started. He is doing a great job for me.

The oil painting 'Too Much Info' is going up for auction this week on ebay and I should have some prints of it available soon. This will be very helpful in remixing a better dialogue reel. Our original was shocking at times. "

[/COLOR]
Renee posted this at her site recently:

Quote: I begin the last phase of the sound edit for Diamonds and Guns next week. I can't wait! Surely this will bring me closer to the final picture!
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]There is now a poster for the movie available for sale at Renee's site. Proceeds will go towards completion of the film.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Of course, the ironic thing is, this means that if online Xena fans buy it, they're helping to support Ted Raimi's big-screen directorial debut! :laugh: But then, by watching Renee in "Alien Apocalypse," they helped Josh Becker to become the most successful original film writer/director in the first twelve years of Sci-Fi's existence.... and by going to see ROC as Lady Macbeth, they endorsed a story about her character's lover being an unrepentant villain who got beheaded. :poke:[/SIZE][/color]
Most recently at her site, Renee posted that " I have been submitting Diamonds and Guns to various festivals. I will keep you updated on any acceptances over the next few months. Check in here. Let's hope this will help you get a chance to see it in a theater. For better or worse! Ha!"

Implying it's all finished! :bg: :clap: :clap:
Good news! Renee has posted a video on her site here - Iris O'Connor is her co-star in this, while Miles Muir handles the camerwork. Wink Basically, she announces that D&G has found a distributor, and will go direct-to-dvd later this year. But in the meantime, she will be selling autographed copies of it first on her website. :clap:
[SIZE="3"]This will be available any day now, and there is a special site for it at http://www.diamondsandguns.info/ . I believe it's only $19.95 + s&h.[/SIZE]
From Renee's site:

Quote:We are excited to announce that Diamonds and Guns will be screening in Memphis, with the On Location Film Festival, and we will be participating in a panel and Q&A session. Hope to see you out there!

Cheers...

Renee

The dates are March 27-30, 2008; details here.
Some clips from the film are here.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 6,935 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: august
Big Grin Josh Becker's new film "Warpath" opens in Royal Oak, MI Th. 9/26! august 4 1,284 September 30th, 2019, 02:26 PM
  Renee O'Connor to play Lady Macbeth again in October 2019! august 1 811 September 16th, 2019, 06:40 PM
  Will Carrie be a Renaissance film? badlands 5 982 October 6th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Gerardmer Film Festival Award-winning Alien Apocalypse on Syfy Tues. 12/20 @ 11 PM august 60 9,419 December 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
  Boogeyman 2 w/ Renee O'Connor on Syfy Sun. 11/27 @ 1 AM - and it's pretty good! august 18 4,000 November 21st, 2011, 02:38 AM
  The Fall of Sam Axe (Bruce's Burn Notice prequel film) on USA Fr. 11/25 august 18 4,724 November 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
  Renee O'Connor in "2010: Moby Dick" on Syfy - Sun. 11/13 at 9 AM august 0 1,235 November 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM
  30 Days of Night (w/ Voice, Mauser, Creegan and Lily!) 5th #1 film in a row! august 47 5,919 August 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM
  The Grudge 2 (3rd Ghost House film in a row to open at #1) on F/X 10/26 + 10/27 august 23 3,693 April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM