Bomb blasts in London
FYI

What we really mean is.......

From MEMRI, via Robert Spencer at Jihadwatch:

The following are excerpts from interviews with the director of the Al-Maqreze Centre for Historical Studies, Dr. Hani Al-Siba'i. The first aired on Al-Jazeera TV on July 8, 2005; in it, Al-Siba'i discussed the London bombings.
The London Bombings

Al-Siba'i: "I think that British Prime Minister Tony Blair made a grave error when he spoke before the investigation and claimed that the perpetrators of these acts were acting in the name of Islam. I think that he will pay the price for this grave error in the future. No possibility should be ruled out. We do not rule out the possibility that it was done by the intelligence agency of another Western country hostile to Britain. We do not rule out countries... or some Zionist Americans who wanted to overshadow the G-8 summit. But at the same time, we do not rule out the Al-Qa'ida organization. It's been claimed that Al-Qa'ida died in Afghanistan, and was buried in the caves there. And behold: it was resurrected after the American occupation of Iraq. Moreover, Al-Qa'ida controls the war agenda in Iraq. It is the Al-Qa'ida organization in the Land of the Two Rivers [Iraq], headed by Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi, that imposes its policies, to the extent that the Egyptian government was forced to... It was forced to recall [its ambassador], and other countries are afraid to send ambassadors there."...

Host: "Mr. Hani, make no mistake. The same assembly ruled that Jihad in Iraq is allowed against soldiers. Even Sheik Osama [sic.] Al-Makdisi, Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi's mentor... Okay. Abu Hani, okay... He asked Al-Zarqawi not to kill civilians and to attack only the Americans... I mean, only soldiers..."

Al-Siba'i: "The term 'civilians' does not exist in Islamic religious law. Dr. Karmi is sitting here, and I am sitting here, and I'm familiar with religious law. There is no such term as 'civilians' in the modern Western sense. People are either of Dar Al-Harb or not...

Host: "Excuse me, who do you want to promote? Those who want the banner of 'There is no god but Allah' over the Queen of England and Buckingham Palace? Those who want to establish a caliphate and turn the Queen of England into a captive? Those who say [England] is Dar Al-Harb and property there can be plundered? Are those the kind of people you want?"

Al-Siba'i: "These associations do not represent the Muslim public. They collaborate with the British police for certain interests. They want an 'English Islam,' and not the Islam that was sent to the Prophet Muhammad. If Al-Qa'ida indeed carried out this act, it is a great victory for it. It rubbed the noses of the world's eight most powerful countries in the mud. This victory is a blow to the economy..."

In other words, those of us living in the Dar al-Harb, the "world of war" outside the Muslim realm, are all infidels and therefore fair game for the faithful.

Now, that is what is known as truth-in-advertising. Home-grown or exported, Islam is not now, nor has it ever been a religion of peace, nor does it intend to be. And it is legitimate to lie to those not of Islam to achieve this goal.

No civilians. No watering down of Islam. Intent to wage war on all who are not Islamic in the correct fashion - even other members of Islam who object to our interpretation - is clearly stated.
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
it seems to be but it might not be connected to the olympic bid maybe that was the best time because it would cause more chaos or maybe it was because the trains were packed.

What we do know is al-queda has taken responsibility for it, but they always do this, what if al-queda never actually commit these attacks they just take credit for that.
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
inked Wrote:FYI

From MEMRI, via Robert Spencer at Jihadwatch:

[snip]

No civilians. No watering down of Islam. Intent to wage war on all who are not Islamic in the correct fashion - even other members of Islam who object to our interpretation - is clearly stated.

I don't understand who these people are inked? Do they speak for all Muslims everywhere?

I've had a number of Muslim friends, and they've all espoused (at least to me, though according to the above, I guess they could be lying) that they have no desire to kill, maim or destroy any other members of another faith. So I'm a bit confused on if the above gentlemen are considered spokesmen for the community in general, a majority of Islam, or just what.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
There have been more bombings in London today...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4705117.stm
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)
well. werent they attempted bombings? Sorry i dont know
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Kwik silver 44 Wrote:well. werent they attempted bombings? Sorry i dont know

Yes, it seems that there was only one injury, it seems someone had an asmha (sp?) attack during of after the attempted bombings. Whether or not it was brought on by the scare, I haven't heard, but no serious injury or death at all, no.

One article I read said they thought maybe the detonators went off, but the actual bombs didn't. In other words, they were duds. But that report was yesterday, and I've not read much yet today.

Although a man was chased down and shot to death in the Underground by police in London today. Check out headlines on Yahoo! for the latest, that's where I read about it.

It's all a difficult situation. Frankly, with every attack and attempted attack, I feel more and more that the only possible way to deal with this threat is with a brutal, iron-fisted approach.

Some folks are no doubt expressing concern about the man being gunned down today. As I read the article about it, I found myself feeling complete approval. To those who disagree, I justify it this way: These extremist groups are willing to blow themselves up to kill innocent people. If they're so willing to die, why should we feel remorseful about killing them to protect ourselves?

Reports are that with this latest attempt London isn't defiant like it was last time, but a little more fearful. And rightfully so; sane people don't want to die. Unfortunately, this will encourage the terrorists more. How long until they bomb London again? Until they find a new way to lash out at America? Until they target my country, Canada? (while we didn't go to Iraq, we certainly went to Afghanistan) Imagine what will happen when they get tired of backpack bombs and escalate to larger weapons, or methods more devious yet?

My signature is from a movie called Spartan. At one point, William H. Macy's character, speaking of the conditions of the world, says "It's World War 3 out there, man!" And I think that we need to accept that now. Warfare has always evolved. Look at the way it was just 250-300 years ago. War evolves fast. But our idea of war is still that of WWII; clear enemies and battlefields, and fighter planes, and maybe even some kind of basic honour between the opposing combattents (on the soldiers level, obviously the likes of Hitler had no sense of honour at all). But all that is gone now, and we need to catch up with the times, and fast.

Anyway, that's some of my thoughts, if they made any sense. My thoughts are with London, I love that town, and I'm furiously proud of my English heritage, so these attacks have really irritated and frustrated me.
it was another four 'suicide' bombers, no-1 is dead though, i think
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
All four escaped on thursday gone, although they are still wondering whether it was a copycat attempt or done by members of the same cell who attacked on 07/07. According to reports the man shot today wasn't one of the suspected bombers of yesterdays attack but was suspected of attempting an attack. They have arrested someone in conjunction of the attacks but this hasn't been confirmed as to being of the first or the second, only that he is being held under charges of attempted terrorism, suspected of making bombs in his home. Should we be relieved with the fact that he could be sent to prison for the rest of his life. Three square meals a day, kept in high security, (lap of luxury) at the taxpayers expense and probably having some insane person fighting for his human rights. Heres an idea, theres a bomb proof room, here's a rucksack of your favourite ingredients, close the door, have a ball, we can even send in some of your friends to keep you company. Up until 1999 we may have had a leg to stand on in enforcing the high treason laws, now we have less effective ones which will no doubt not be enforced.

The reports say different things. Some say they are of the same chemicals but weren't correctly mixed, others say they were from the same batch as the first bombs and had lost alot of their, shall we say, durability. Other say they were dud nail bombs with detonators.

It was thought that one of the bombers had been hurt and had fleed to a nearby hospital, which was surrounded within minutes and searched but to no avail. Another bomber had been stopped by men on one of the trains but escaped from them. Another was seen laying over his rucksack arms stretched out like he was on a cross before fleeing the scene after the bomb failed to explode.

I can agree with Boomstick on the Iron fist approach, unfourtunately certain people in leadership positions and the words iron fist really don't go together.
All four would-be suicide bombers have been arrested, or is thought to be arrested, the IRA (Sein F... I dunno branch) I think. All in all a good week
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London honors 1st man in space, Yuri Gagarin Michael 0 597 July 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  MTV Awards flourish despite Britney bomb RobRoy 1 429 September 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  London Olympics 2012 davedapunk 10 618 July 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SpringfieldST
  London Uk 9-11 January Star Trek Con Info Here daleglen2003 0 348 December 22nd, 2003, 01:47 PM
Last Post: daleglen2003
  from 9-18 to 9-26 I will be in Paris, going to Koln and London-anyone live close? Fynswyn 4 470 August 12th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Fynswyn
  scifi of Jack London & Ambrose Bierce 0 71 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Excellent Movies That Bomb? 0 67 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: