Do the books mean anything?
Realy the books are all aload of crap.The stuff it comes out with,come on.
hmmm. while i agree that there is some crao (eg reborn emperor yada yada yada) there is a lot of quality eu out there. It all really has to do with what you want to believe fits into the sw universe. I myself like to think boba fett survived the sarlaac. I tend to ignore alot of the post rotj stuff (except boba fett) like the yuuzhaanvong war, re born empereror. To me,the prequel era books , and more specifically the clone wars novels fit more into the star wars universe.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
floodamy Wrote:Realy the books are all aload of crap.The stuff it comes out with,come on.

If you think the books(plural) are all a load of crap.
Why don't you be a little more specific as to what books you mean, give some examples, tell us what stuff you're talking about or are you just saying in general that all books since the beginning of time are crap?

Huh
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
I like hearing about how Obi Wan was trained, or how Luke trains the new generation of jedi.

The books are great.You can only get so much from films. Books can develop characters, and introduce new characters.
floodamy Wrote:Realy the books are all aload of crap.The stuff it comes out with,come on.

You're being too general. Have you read every single book that has come out? Some of the books are not that good, yes but some of the books are entertainable and give us other views, ideas and adventures that we wouldn't see otherwise. If you're happy with just the six films. No worries but other people do enjoy reading the books.
I can imagine quite a bit.
The Clone wars era books, the ones that have come out in conjunction with the movies, appear to be far more tightly controlled than previous books. Lucas did well off the popular Zahn novels, and I think that led to a "rubber stamp" policy that, in turn, led to a lot of crap being put out. The Rouge squadron books, Han Solo books, Tales from... series, courtship of Princess Leia, Young Jedi Knights, and Bounty Hunter books are major crap. They belong on aninter-galactic garbage scow.

However, along with the clone wars books, the Hei to the Empier (Zahn), Yvetihin, and Ssis Ruvi (sp), books are pretty good. I have mixed feelings about the new Jedi order, the plot is a re-hash of the three series I just mentioned, and they seem pretty intent on demolishing anything you see in any Star Wars movie.

Lucas exerts far less control on these books because a) they make him a ot of money b) He let too much slide earlier and can no longer get it back and c) even though it involves Luke and Leia et al., it occurs after episode 6 and therefore doesn't involve any of his movie plans.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
I personaly like the books, in general atleast. I know that there are some that are just dull and boring but for the most part they are very cool and entertaning. Like reading the books with Mara in them and finding out how they fall in love and have a baby. Or reading how Luke is teaching all the new Jedi on Yavin 4. Or reading about Jacen and Janas adventures as young jedi.
Most the ones I mention as bad are prety bad. I can be a petty guy when it comes to writing. Too much mention of obscure races, too many references to Dagobah, which few citizens of the republic should no ANYTHING about. Hoth and its creatures are over-referenced for the same reason. Its like an American picking some remote area of the Amazon rainforest and constanly referencing the unusual species there in every-day conversation. Further, species that would not fit in X-wings fly X-wings, and anymals and races have names that come striaght from a high-school creative writing course. Flying animals on Courascant called "hawk-bats" by people who have never seen a Hawk or a Bat. Frog-like species called Rybits (ribbet, ribbet!). How good would the Star Trek Series have been if Spock's species was the Pointyearians, the Klingons were the Lumpyforeheadians, and Feringie were the Big-eared people of Nigel 7????

Lucas could have called Wookies Sasqacthos, or Ewoks Bearoks, but his people at least took the time to name most species with a rather unique name.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
I thought it was just some sort of recreation of the Emperor or something that came back.
Theres one EU book everyone should read and that is shadows of the empire. Seems like one of the original films... what a classic.
Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance.

My shirt size is medium husky.

I really don't agree. I read them, and i liked them. There are a lot of new characters that don't apear in the films. And a lot of places, and so on...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars Books namesarehard 2 566 November 14th, 2020, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Wars Books Galafre 5 915 February 13th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Last Post: obi-gum-kenobi
  Star Wars Republic Commando Books and Game Delta07 0 662 August 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Delta07
  Star Wars Books? Darth Flattus 8 699 December 14th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Last Post: smelly yoda
  Star Wars Books AceDracos 0 712 September 13th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Last Post: AceDracos
  Where can I get the books? Darth Meela 5 678 August 21st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Darth Meela
  Are the books canon? Bungarian 5 541 June 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Last Post: mybookiethewookie
  Can u guys list me the post books? Arielsharon 1 620 May 20th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Belgarion
  Which SW books would you like to see as movies ? Xim 8 549 September 3rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
Last Post: BlueDelvia
  Star Wars Books and Expanded Universe!! Moondragon 9 731 May 21st, 2003, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Han Solo