Batman Begins (No Spoilers)
I'm just a little surprised nobody else already started this thread. Anyway, I'm curious to get people's opinions about this movie, without spoilers, mind you, coz it will probably be a week or so before I go to see it.

Reviews I've ready are mostly positive - critics either loving or hating the dark tone of the film. But for the most part, the spin is positive for this movie.

...Trying so hard not to put expectations on this movie...

~ Matt
I'll probably go see it, but I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it. The new batmobile looks terrible in my opinion and all this dark tone talk makes me think it is going to be another Batman Returns.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Its sure come a long way since the tv show.
Can you imagine if the main theme for the films was the original theme from the show?

na na na na na na na batman , batman batman

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I can't say enough about how good this movie was. Katie Holmes was mediocre, but everything else about it was exceptional. Directing, make-up, costumes, cinematography, acting etc. The best of all the Batman movies in my mind.
I actually managed to go see this Friday night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite one or two very minor quips I loved everything about the movie. It is so different to the Burton/Keaton films that I thinks it's unfair to compare. When I get the time I'd love to write something more in-depth.

I think what I enjoyed most about Batman Begins was the 'real world' feel about the setting...and Christian Bale's performance as the tormented lead character.

Christian Bale IMHO makes the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman.

~ Matt
I was unable to attend this weekend due to family stuff. I will see this movie on the big screen.

Oh yes, I will. :bg:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Sciguy Wrote:I can't say enough about how good this movie was. Katie Holmes was mediocre, but everything else about it was exceptional. Directing, make-up, costumes, cinematography, acting etc. The best of all the Batman movies in my mind.

I agree, Sciguy! It was great...one of the best translations of a comic book! I also agree about Katie Holmes (if anything it showed that she's perhaps better suited to the small screen, although that may be a bit hard...there were some high quality acting talents playing opposite her here) My only other complaint was the music, especially in the first half.Danny Elfman was ripped off so bad that at first I thought it was his music...except for the fact that he wouldn't rip himself off that badly! :bg: I may see it again, and I almost never do that. :laugh:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
I think this is the best Batman movie, however I find it corny that they always have these dialogue that explains whats happening. I especially didnt like the repetitive dialogue about fear and overcoming it and stuff..

Alfred rocks!
I saw the new Batman, and thought it was a great film. I can see a bright future for Batman, as long as Christian Bale stays as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Will the Joker be in the next one, if so who do you think would suit the role best?
Wow spelled backwards is woW!

I had heard excellent reviews on this latest edition to the Batman pantheon. Being a Batman fanatic for years I was, of course, going to see it, with or without bat-nipples (I'll take my Bats without, thank you very much).

Batman Begins is exactly what it tells us it is. It's the begining of the Batman, the creation, the "origin story" that we didn't really get with the first attempt at the series. Drawing heavily from Batman mythos, but also adding some of their own touches, the Goyer/Nolan screenplay works from some of the less well-known Bat characters to deliver a Socko to its audience.

The story starts of patently enough. In many of the Batman flashbacks and origin stories, especially in the "Year One" stories, Batman audiences have seen how the young Bruce Wayne witnesses his parents death in a seemingly random act of violence. The event haunts the man who will become the bat, as much as his experience of falling down a well and being attacked by hundreds of bats.

Wayne, born with a silver spoon, is plagued with guilt, anger and frustration at his parents' deaths. Eventually it leads him into a Chinese prison and from there to the wonderful character of Ra's Al-Ghul, one of the most fascinating characters of the Dark Knight's world.

That world definately comes to life in this latest installment to the series. Gotham is gothic, Batman is the Dark Knight and the villians aren't laughable as they became in previous efforts. With an impressive all-star cast to back him up (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson and even Rutgar Hauer) and some impressive newcomers (Cillian Murphy and Katie Holmes) Batman as portrayed by Christian Bale chanelling his inner American Psycho is the epitome of the bat who stalks the night.

Perhaps what made the movie was the lack of reliance on CGI. Nolan wanted as much realism as he could get, so the Batmobile, which Oldman's young(er) Gordan states, "I gotta get me one of those!" is understandable. The new Batmobile (which looks like something out of "The Dark Knight Returns" series) is more akin to a tank than a suped-up jet car. It pivots on a dime, stops in a hurry and can actually jump without a ramp. Those effects, therefor, weren't effects at all.

Overall, this was perhaps one of the best films that I've seen in a long time. At least the best action film that I've seen this year. It is definately worth seeing on the big screen, and if you're a Batman fan, then it's probably worth seeing several times . . . at least until the extended DVD comes out, and we can find all the fun stuff that was left out of what was an impressive (and lengthy) theatrical release.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
So did it make any money enough for to have a sequel?
I really enjoyed Batman Begins, and was I ever surprised about that! I never liked the other movies because they were so silly. Watching how Bruce Wayne came to be Batman in a realistic way was far more entertaining than watching the cartoonish villains and moody fireside-sitting "hero" we have been served up before. I think this one lived up to its critical hype, but it was not so engrossing for a certain 9-year old. But I really loved it, and I especially liked the car (who cares what it looks like--that's performance!).
I loved it, can't tell yet if it's my favorite, but at least I liked the same as the two first movies.

It was more raw and dark. I've watched it 3 times.
":boar: And in my last hour I'm a slave to the power of death"
Nimruzir Wrote:So did it make any money enough for to have a sequel?

The last box office I saw was $150 million. It is still in the top ten list, which is a good sign for a sequel.

Thats good! I saw an event on tv which worried me about the Batman franchise, when George Clooney said something like: 'It's good (that they made another movie) then I wont be blamed for the death of the Batman franchise' (something like that).
Its a pretty movie, though i didn't like it i just wanted to see christian bale shirtless...
just joking, i actually didn't like the story, but i liked the film it self, if i didn't knew anything about batman i would probably liked it...
Interesting. I know a bit about Batman and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. What did you not like because you have knowledge of Batman?

i dunno i kept all through the movie thinking that's not batman, he's such a wuss, i dunno... just was irritating xDD
If anything, this new Batman is the toughest out of all the others before him. :-)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inception - Possible Spoilers GamgeeFest 1 601 August 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Toy Story 3 - Mild Spoilers RobRoy 8 1,236 July 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Knowing - A question and MAJOR SPOILERS RobRoy 3 607 June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
  Clash of the Titans - mild spoilers RobRoy 4 715 April 13th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Van Helsing (may contain spoilers) Boomstick 66 4,564 April 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
  AVATAR - James Cameron did it! *may contain spoilers* Luthien_001 23 2,242 January 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
  Christian Kane begins work on "Minuteman" Michael 0 537 October 21st, 2009, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Review of "Inkheart" (Includes spoilers) Michael 0 484 January 15th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Indiana Jones (contains spoilers) Jammin 13 1,008 June 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Last Post: katiegirl
  question re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers) dasher 3 629 April 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Last Post: dasher