Head of the Jedi Council?
Is any one Jedi the chief of the Council, and if so, who?

In RotS, it seems to me that Mace Windu repeatedly assumed a leader stance, and if I am not mistaken, he is also the only one wielding a purple light saber.

Perhaps I am simply reading too much into it, but I am very much interested in exploring this subject.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
I think Yoda is the headest of the heads of th JC.
Spacemew:kitty: :paw:
Yoda and Windu are pointed to as the wisest and most powerful of the Jedi council. But nobody issues edicts on the council. They reach concensous on actions
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
I think that Yoda and mace assume the role of peace keeper in the council. They make sure evryting runes smoothly and make sure things dont get out of hand.
I see. The main reason I asked was because it seems that Mace is the one who issues orders (if they can so be called) to the Jedi, who then go afield, each to complete their own task, even Yoda. It is also Windu who confronts Palpatine with a warrant for his arrest.

Does the unique purple colour of Windu's light saber have any significance whatsoever?
In communism(not sure if im allowed to use political examples, forgive me if im not) everyone is supposed to be equal but there has to be one guy (or girl) directing the whole show.
In response to the purple blade question: Actor of mace (s jackson is it?) said he wanted a purple blade so he could easily be spotted on the film during the battle scenes.
sith lord Wrote:In response to the purple blade question: Actor of mace (s jackson is it?) said he wanted a purple blade so he could easily be spotted on the film during the battle scenes.

Ah, what a very canonical answer. Couldn't he have simply worn his usual beret to gain instant recognition? :tongue:
A little of topic, but could someone tell me what each color of lightsaber means?
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
Kingangus Wrote:A little of topic, but could someone tell me what each color of lightsaber means?

If you do a search for lightsabers. There has been a thread on it and what people feel it means. I'll try to do a search but if I don't get to it and someelse can it would be appreciated.

To answer the topic, I see Mace as the leader of the Jedi Council or at the very least give the orders.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Mace seems to be the closest thing to a leader on the Council. Yoda is respected for his power and wisdom, and is probably trusted with a lot of power. My theory is that he was the former head of the Council, but stepped down and allowed Mace to take the reigns. At any rate, the Council seems largely comprised of equals.

Kingangus Wrote:A little of topic, but could someone tell me what each color of lightsaber means?

They're meaningless.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
I dont think there is a single person who leads the council, but I do think Mace and Yoda are the more senior members and therefore have a greater influence

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
i agree with u ^ dude
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v192/joe777/?][/url]Yoda is the best jedi everz!
I believe Yoda has some military experience, leading Jedi missions in the past (Remember the dude's 800+ years old in PM). I suspect Mace has also led several missions and therefore knows how to take a leadership role. Most of the other good leaders are off planet in ROTS leading. Apparantly Mace stays behind to mind the fort when Yoda goes to the wookies because he has good relations with them, since apparently Wookies can be unpredictable and vicious.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
yoda is head
mace is deputy head
ki adi mundi is thtrid in command
( for those who dont believe me i read it in the dorslind kindley star wars tpm dictionary
STAR WARS RULES!!!!!!!!!
I think it is a joint thing with Mace and Yoda at the top. If the Jedi fight to help a republic wouldn't it make sense if they were a democracy.
The little green one am I

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore I am perfect.
In the jedi council,master Yoda was the head of the council because he could teach unlimited jedi students but he got only one formor apprentice , Jedi Dooku. When Dooku is ready to take a padawan,he took padawan liked Qui-Gon Jinn but later Dooku became a dark lord of Sith as Darth Tyranas when his old apprentice became knight and took padawan called" Obi-Wan Kenobi ". Mace Windu was deputy head he also can given a mission for every one except Yoda and Ki Adi Mundi ( because Ki Adi Mundi was third haed of the council )

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 997 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 506 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 533 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 451 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,714 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 1,023 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,910 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,290 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 2,056 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,605 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM