Crazy Frog
i dont know if it is in other countries but in the UK there is annoying mobile phone ringtone called the crazy frog. Anybody else find it annoying?
For those who dont know here is the website http://www.jamster.com/
Is there a mobile phone ringtone that isn't annoying? :bg:

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Reminds me of a kid doing an impression of a 2-stroke weed-whacker being started cold after sitting up for the winter.

Even my own "stock" cell phone tone is pretty annoying, esp since everyone who calls has this gift for timing it when I'm in heavy traffic & really need both hands free to shift gears; in a meeting, class, or church service; or at some equally awkward time. :angry:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
The only ring-tone I ever heard seemed like a recording of birds chirping quietly. I've searched high and low for this ring-tone ever since and haven't found it yet.

I generally leave my phone on vibrate when I'm out of the house. I can't stand cell phone rings, and I figure it would be hypocritical of me to have one when I get annoyed with others.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:The only ring-tone I ever heard seemed like a recording of birds chirping quietly. I've searched high and low for this ring-tone ever since and haven't found it yet.

I generally leave my phone on vibrate when I'm out of the house. I can't stand cell phone rings, and I figure it would be hypocritical of me to have one when I get annoyed with others.

Yeah, birds chirping softly might be about as un-annoying as it could get. Or maybe distant crickets and frogs... or water falling... (but then, it might not get my attention!)

Reminds me of movies my Asian ex-fiance would rent from "back home". Apparently in eastern Asian countries by the late '80's-early '90's it was the fashion to have doorbells that chirped softly like songbirds rather than ringing or buzzing, something I haven't seen here (yet). It took me a while to get it into my head (given that I didn't understand the dialogue either) why a sound of singing birds would prompt a character to go to the door and find someone standing there. A bit of cultural disconnect, there.

I try to remember to put my phone on vibrate, too. Unfort, I have it because I'm subject to emergency calls from my employer, & sometimes must set it to ring loud to ensure I hear it in noisy situations. Then I can forget to change it later... Rolleyes
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
I have a different ring tone for every person in my phone book although Stargate is my general theme. Its not confusing either, cos they all make sense, like Star Trek for my mad trekkie friend, dancing queen for a friend who loves the nightclub "Flares", The A team for work, I'm Too Sexy for my fav man of the moment etc etc.

I really hate those adverts for Crazy Frog though. Especially since my kids showed me that it used to be shown with his John Thomas hanging out. Shown now with a blackout box over his groin. That in itself I find disgusting. This crazy frog thing was invented to sell ringtones to kids and they put him on the telly with a John Thomas???? Disgusting. :mad:
Happy:daisy:
I hate crazy frog and all other 'cute' creations from Jamster.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
YEs Australia has the crazy frog tone- and it s multiple 'remixes' but I believe it has only been released onto the music scene in the UK (is it number one yet?). In oz on MTV a ringtone advertisment is played at least once during every ad break (no exaggeration)
Hi is your refrigerator running?
'Coz if it is I bet it runs like you, VERY HOMOSEXUALLY!
Johnny D Wrote:YEs Australia has the crazy frog tone- and it s multiple 'remixes' but I believe it has only been released onto the music scene in the UK (is it number one yet?). In oz on MTV a ringtone advertisment is played at least once during every ad break (no exaggeration)
Yes it is number one, it beat Coldplay which are an excellent band. When it got to number one people were questioning whether it should be allowed to be ion the charts as it is not really music, and bands such as Coldplay who are great musicians and work reallly hard at the music are beaten by a song that was just original on the internet as some sort of insanity test and just remixed over and over again.
Ive bought a knew phone now and i can have whole songs on it so i have Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana and people dont seem to get annoyed by that.
For my ringtone I have Trouble by Pink. I don't think I had heard the frog tone.
Well the problem is Gabrielle, I never feel anything."Sorry about your soldiers, we were playing tag in the forum."
"You still don't get it I would rather die in your arms than live without you in mine."
Visit us at http://xena.spreebb.com/
My ringtone is the star wars cantina theme. But I don't recieve phone calls all to often.
*sigh*
Confusedad:

has anyone heard the new crazyfrog axel-f it has taken the beverly hill cops theme tune and put in the middle "bring bring" how low are they going to go. there going to copying the simnpsons next! i have the darkness as my tone alot easier to listen to than frogs.
When I'm home alone I just dance by myself, and you pull my head so close, volume goes with the truth.
Signing off, I'm alright in bed but I'm better with the pen. The kid was alright but it went to his head
crazy frog doesnt even sound like a frog anyway it sounds like a kiddies toy motorbike.
has anyone heard the new crazyfrog axel-f it has taken the beverly hill cops theme tune and put in the middle "bring bring" how low are they going to go. there going to copying the simnpsons next! i have the darkness as my tone alot easier to listen to than frogs.
When I'm home alone I just dance by myself, and you pull my head so close, volume goes with the truth.
Signing off, I'm alright in bed but I'm better with the pen. The kid was alright but it went to his head
i hate that stupid ringtone they ripped it off this site on the net which had a picture of a guy in a race car and that dingding noise thing over it and the idea was stare at the picture and see how long u could go without laughing, now that was actully funny. the frog irritates me so much i mute the add and if i hear it i throw the remote at the tv. i have a bird ring tone on my phone but its annoying and high pitched.
Everyone knows that 90% of all statistics are made up! :wicked: :crazy: :halo:
Taratholiel Wrote:the frog irritates me so much i mute the add and if i hear it i throw the remote at the tv..

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha- thats the funniest thing I've heard all day :laugh:

i hate that ringtone, it is an insult to the 1980's !!! (no that im into the 1980's music lol)
GateWorld.net
Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because the people who mind dont matter, and the people who matter dont mind. Smile
sith lord Wrote:crazy frog doesnt even sound like a frog anyway it sounds like a kiddies toy motorbike.
The sound for 'crazy frog' were taken from a pc game ( can't remeber the name of it), car racing game.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  have you heard the crazy frog? Kwik silver 44 2 313 July 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Life on the crazy side! Crazy4Orlando 8 597 March 25th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Stripe