Best Lightsaber fight
what do you guys think is the best Lightsaber battle from all 6 Films? I think without a doubt its Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon from Episode I.
*SPOILER*

im gonna go with obi-wan vs. anakin at the end of ROTS. ever since i heard vader say "a presence i have not felt since...." ive imagined that fateful fight. i must say it was beyond moving. my heart totally sank when obi-wan said "only a sith deals in absolutes. i will do what i must" and then drew his lightsaber. even though i knew how it would end, after getting to know anakin and obi-wan a lot better part of me wanted the confrontation to end peacefully. it was such an intense fight though.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view Confusedun:

oota goota, solo?
[i think we all collectively have a bad feeling about this...]
I second that motion skywalker my signature says it all
"You were the chosen one. It was said that you would destroy the Sith not join them. Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

"You were my brother Anakin. I loved you."
Obi-Wan-Kenobi Confusedad:
definately anakin vs. obi- i dont even have to give reasons. BEST EVER
Hi is your refrigerator running?
'Coz if it is I bet it runs like you, VERY HOMOSEXUALLY!
The duel between Obi Wan and Anakin was really really good.
But so was the Duel of Fates. I'm going to say its a tie.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I like emperor/yoda and Emperor/Yoda/Ani/Obi in AOTC and Mace/Windu
i didnt like the emperor/yoda duel- for me it seemed that they were both trying to get away

mace/windu????
Hi is your refrigerator running?
'Coz if it is I bet it runs like you, VERY HOMOSEXUALLY!
i actually like anakin v count dooku in rots but it was very short Sad
call me old fashioned but i like the good old luke vs vader in ROTJ.
obi wan, qui gon, and darth maul, there arent too many 2 v 1 fights in star wars, and none with a double bladed saber.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
Spacemew:kitty: :paw:
probably because in terms of lightsaber fights, it was lame.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
Most of the Lightsaber fights in IV, V, and VI were lame. Especially the one in IV. But, hey, it was a while ago.

I think the Anakin / Kenobi one in III definetly takes the cake, and not for its sheer longevity. It was fairly symmetrical, which could probably be explained by the Soresu / Djem So relationship. A particularly cool part was when they were in the control room and they both just swung their lightsabers around a bunch before they hit again...I think that's called an en ma, I'm not sure, though.
I thought the Maul v Obi-wan and Qui gon duel was the best, mainly because their aren't many 1 vs more than 1 fights that last more than 10 seconds. Plus I didn't like all the camera switching in the anakin v obi wan fight
The little green one am I

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore I am perfect.
I would really like to see a static angle for the lightsaber fights. In my opinion, it takes away from the action when you keep switching view.

The Maul v. Obi Wan / Qui gon wasn't really 2 on 1 when you think about it. They kept getting seperated from one another, getting kicked off a platform, seperated by particle shields, kicked off a platform...
Player #1: See the sketch for my character's lightsaber? It's a pistol grip like Dooku's.

Player #2 (Me): Mine has electrostatic flux apertures for variable blade offset up to 45 degrees.
Darth Penguin Wrote:I would really like to see a static angle for the lightsaber fights. In my opinion, it takes away from the action when you keep switching view.
how about some 1st person camera view? that would be quite different, actually im suprized Lucas hasnt tried it.
sith lord Wrote:how about some 1st person camera view? that would be quite different, actually im suprized Lucas hasnt tried it.

Just a note:
Pretty much anytime the actor is looking into the camera to say their lines to a opposing character, is moving towards the camera to get closer to a character, or acknowledges the camera as the opposing character they are having the scene with, is a first person perspective or POV(point of veiw) from the other character's POV. Of course the second character or actor is not visible during that sequence.
But Your right I haven't seen this done very often during any of GL's duels. They weren't done very often in sword/swashbuckler movies because they are very dangerous to film. Especially to the equipment.:bg:

:dude:
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
I understand that, but even with those exceptions, there are still way too many angles. Some of them, such as when Anakin is fighting Dooku in the end of AOTC, don't even give you a total view.
Player #1: See the sketch for my character's lightsaber? It's a pistol grip like Dooku's.

Player #2 (Me): Mine has electrostatic flux apertures for variable blade offset up to 45 degrees.
Darth Penguin Wrote:I understand that, but even with those exceptions, there are still way too many angles. Some of them, such as when Anakin is fighting Dooku in the end of AOTC, don't even give you a total view.

I see your point, Darth Penguin. The only time during that duel/fight is when Anakin uses 2 sabers and both Dooku and Anakin are both on the screen at the same time, and that didn't last very long. I would have liked to have seen a duel filmed similarly to "The Adventures of Robin Hood". Most of that duel both Robin and Sir Guy traded quips, with close-ups, but most of the sword fighting was filmed with several cameras in static positions. This gives the viewer(audience) a sense of actually being there as a witness to that duel. Would have been great in ROTJ between Luke And Vader.

Cool
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
I think the best lightsaber fight ever was between me and one of my friends at the 12:01 showing. It was a planned thing, and we practiced for it in our coustumes (we both took fencing classes for four years while we were in High School), but we didn't really choreograph it beforehand...we choose forms, though...pretty much just used the idead behind them. I used Makashi, he used Soresu. (I would have liked to use Ataru, but I can't do the jumps. If I could have jumped over Owen's head, I would have...Tongue) It was great...the local news aired a part of it--incidentally, it was the part where my riposte got sidestepped and I got decapitated. But, hey, I had the red lightsaber, ergo I had to die. Smile Great times. This is why you should learn fencing. So you can have awesome lightsaber fights in theater lobbies.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 943 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars lightsaber prop sells for $240,000 RobRoy 0 715 December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  favorite lightsaber Jar Jar Binks 18 1,885 February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Lightsaber's Outer Skin Saber 2 786 April 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Lightsaber colors? RobRoy 122 27,852 January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  My lightsaber....need advice..*** ReeTarD2 9 1,243 January 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  Yodas Lightsaber sith lord 53 4,368 December 23rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Jar Jar Binks
  Help Us Fight The War! Lord Vader 0 473 November 15th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Lord Vader
  can people that are not jedi use a lightsaber? darth sideus 13 1,706 October 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  who would win a lightsaber duel in teams yoda619 12 1,458 September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last Post: patomon5