Yodas Lightsaber
I have only seen ROTS once so i cannot remember everything, so i wanted to ask a question. Did yoda lose his lightsaber? I presume he did as he does not have one in the trilogy but this may be due to him not wanting to carry one. Could someone please tell me if he did lose it please. Thanks.
Yoda's Lightsaber is the knife that toastes bread as you slice it, from "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy."

Anyway, on topic, I think he did lose it. The movie didn't show him picking it up. I'm going to have to read the book that way I'll know a lot more about whats going on in the movie.
I read somewhere that there was a pouch in Yoda's hut on Dagobah (sp?) labled 'lightsaber'. So either he recovered it or he built a new one.
Yoda turned his lightsaber on and off several times during the duel, When he turned it off, he often put it back on his belt, so I assume he had it with him. Not having a weapon in ESB fits Yoda's role as a Japanese-style teacher.
... I'm lost.

I'm pretty sure I saw his 'saber fall. He might have reclaimed it though.
I remember him clearly losing it and seeing it fall. I don't remember him recovering it.
I can imagine quite a bit.
im pretty sure he dropped it in episode III when he was fighting the sith guy and he also lost his cape
im pretty positive it did fall, but he probably got it somehow and they just didnt show it. maybe it will be in the deleted scenes on the dvd?! wouldnt that be sweet. whatever happened, i mean hes yoda, cmon...if he wants his light saber back hes gettin that light saber back!!
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view Confusedun:

oota goota, solo?
[i think we all collectively have a bad feeling about this...]
Either:
-He lost it during the duel
-He got rid of it after he settled on Dagobah
OR
-He has it in a container somewhere in his hut on Dagobah

I'm seeing ROTS yet again tommorow so I'll be on the lookout for what happens.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
yea i think he did lose it in episode 3 but i dont really know because u see it fall but it doesnt show him picking it up so i have no clue but he doesnt use it episode 4 5 or 6 do i dont know:crazy:
You never know. In RotJ Vader takes Luke's lighsaber and puts it on his belt but you never see it except for when Luke pulls it off with the force.
Even if he did lose it, he could have gotten another one. I have never seen a pouch labeled "lightsaber" in the movies. Wouldn't that be a bit corny? He would need the label on the pouch to know it contained his lightsaber? Well, perhaps he became forgetful in his old age, but somehow I don't think that would happen.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."- Abraham Lincoln
I believe that he had a Lightsaber on Dagobah (where he got it I don't know). Because just in case somebody happened to stumble on Degobah and wanted to hurt Yoda, a Lightsaber would be helpfull especially if he was up against a whole squadron of stormtroopers, for instance.
According to some EU texts, a Jedi can build their own lightsabers, so if he really needed one, he could just make it from some spare parts.
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.:wicked:

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.:tongue:
i do seem to remember it falling in the duel with Darth Sidious (bit of random knowledge: Darth is an anciet sith pronunciation of "dark"), then he fell and his cloak got caught on that pole which i thought was just a little cruel. but i'm quite sure he could of recovered it when he came to. honestly, he suspends an enormous pole over ben and anakin, so i'm sure he can pick up a lightsaber using the force if he really wanted to. i think that was probably the best possible theory because it would probably be close to impossible to find the parts he needed on dagobah, so he would have had to get him before his departure.
bluephoenix Wrote:(bit of random knowledge: Darth is an anciet sith pronunciation of "dark")

Can I get a link for that? Because everywhere that I've looked, it's never said anything like that.
don't forget that when yoda fell he got picked up and went back to his home. he could of got a spare lightsaber from there.
Jamfke Wrote:According to some EU texts, a Jedi can build their own lightsabers, so if he really needed one, he could just make it from some spare parts.

Yeah , but to make a lightsaber, you need some special 'ingredients' like lightsaber crystals, which aren't all too common throughout the galaxy.

I watched ROTS again last night and I'm pretty sure he dosen't pick it up after he falls.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Spacemew:kitty: :paw:
He may have had one in the 5 or 6 but never needed to use it.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 963 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars lightsaber prop sells for $240,000 RobRoy 0 730 December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  favorite lightsaber Jar Jar Binks 18 1,947 February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Lightsaber's Outer Skin Saber 2 803 April 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Lightsaber colors? RobRoy 122 28,050 January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  My lightsaber....need advice..*** ReeTarD2 9 1,270 January 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  can people that are not jedi use a lightsaber? darth sideus 13 1,784 October 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  who would win a lightsaber duel in teams yoda619 12 1,502 September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Favourite Lightsaber Duel Edpayasugo 13 1,522 September 15th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Anakins Lightsaber Change. Edpayasugo 9 1,253 August 28th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Ncoded