Yodas Lightsaber
Hmm, there's something to think about. Will GL digitally add his lightsaber at some point in ESB in some future release.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:Hmm, there's something to think about. Will GL digitally add his lightsaber at some point in ESB in some future release.

Cry SHHHH! he'll hear you!!CryCry

:fright:
"That there's Condolini, Condolini wants his hand back!" -The Toe Cutter
Ncoded Wrote:Yoda knew that his time was over. Luke's time was beginning and Yoda was no longer in the fight directly. He had no need for a lightsaber, before that he needed the thing for direct battles such as that with Dooku and Palp. after the point of the fall of the temple and the destruction of the Jedi Order he saw the path ahead and knew he had no need of a lightsaber.

Who knows, maybe he had the thing under his robe the whole time but I believe it was just a matter of not having the technology to make it look right at the time the movies were made.

But what about Obi-1 then? Why does he think he still needs to possess a light sabre?
Ladyjedi Wrote:But what about Obi-1 then? Why does he think he still needs to possess a light sabre?

Obi-Wan was not the sole jedi on a planet. He was surrounded by "scum and villiany."
He also needed to train Luke, I doubt he intended to be called into service and not have any time to lighsaber train Luke.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Then - how did Luke learn to fight with a light saber? Obi died before he could teach him properly, Yoda had no light saber...
He really wasn't very good with a lightsaber, he could have usd the hovering thing he used on the MIllenium Flacon with Obi Wan and use general Jedi skills, but ultimatelty he wasnt that skilled.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
It actually appears to me when Yoda jumps down into the ship with Jimmy Smits, for a very brief time his lightsaber is attached to his belt..humm. I thought he lost it, but maybe he grabed it. Either way I dont think he needed it in his suclusion. You can practice sword fighting technigues without a lightsaber, i've been doing it for 14 years.
doesnt Yoda carry his lightsaber concealed? Maybe in Episode III he doesn't - I didn't really notice. I remember him pulling his robe aside to reveal his lightsaber in Ep III.

One of the greatest things about Episode II was Yoda's lightsaber duel with Duku. He just takes the lightsaber out of his cloak/robe - out of nowhere and we got that amazing fight.

It was so amazing because we didn't even know that he had one or knew how to use one. Seeing that little guy fight....greatness.

So if he had it, wouldnt it be concealed?

Digitally adding in a lightsaber into the OT would ruin Ep II for those who see it 4/5/6/1/2/3
Tongue
Well, but he did loose it in Ep III. You can see it lying on the floor, when Yoda tumbles down from the platform.
Ladyjedi Wrote:Well, but he did loose it in Ep III. You can see it lying on the floor, when Yoda tumbles down from the platform.

Seeing it on the dvd, I did notice that he landed right next to it but made no "visual" attempt to retrieve it.
If you watch it carefully you see that the lightsaber falls into a different place than Yoda does and he dosnt have enough time to recover it before leaving!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 969 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars lightsaber prop sells for $240,000 RobRoy 0 734 December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  favorite lightsaber Jar Jar Binks 18 1,950 February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Lightsaber's Outer Skin Saber 2 805 April 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Lightsaber colors? RobRoy 122 28,075 January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  My lightsaber....need advice..*** ReeTarD2 9 1,276 January 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  can people that are not jedi use a lightsaber? darth sideus 13 1,792 October 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  who would win a lightsaber duel in teams yoda619 12 1,504 September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Favourite Lightsaber Duel Edpayasugo 13 1,525 September 15th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Anakins Lightsaber Change. Edpayasugo 9 1,255 August 28th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Ncoded