Most Skilled W/Ligh Saber
Obi-Wan beat up Anakin/Vader. But still, Anakin lost one battle, and not the whole war. He takes his revenge in ep. 4. Am I right or am I right? Big Grin
"-I'm very charitable, remember that time I gave blood?.
-Who's blood?
-Some guy's"
"Archangel, Dark Angel, lend us thy light. Through Death's veil, 'til we have Heaven in sight." Cradle of Filth
Yes but Obi Wan allowed Vader to win, although vader would probably have defeated him anyway. I do think that Anakin is more skilled with a lightsaber than Obi Wan, but overall Mace Windu is the most skilled. However if Anakin hadnt been so maimed on Mustafar then he would have continued lightsaber training as normal, ie without prothestics, and possibly have become the greatest regardless if he was Sith or Jedi.
i think Qui gon jinn is skilled but he did lose against darth maul
Here's a thought . . . did the Jedi ever have saber tournaments? I don't recall reading anything in the EU, but my EU experience is limited at best. Certainly that would have answered the question (for that year) of who was the best?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Here's a thought . . . did the Jedi ever have saber tournaments? I don't recall reading anything in the EU, but my EU experience is limited at best. Certainly that would have answered the question (for that year) of who was the best?

From what I remember they had personal training but never any formal kind of tournaments. Then again, I didn't read everything in the EU.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Oh jeez, imagine the scars from a lightsaber tourney! :eek:
They probably went around whacking each other with sticks and whoever was the last one standing won! The Jedi weren't suposed to be show-offs so the must likely didn't have any kind of tournements.
Krispy CHICKEEEENNNNNN!!!!:jawdrop:
Han Solo Wrote:From what I remember they had personal training but never any formal kind of tournaments. Then again, I didn't read everything in the EU.

In the personal training, would they use actual lightsabers, and rely on each other's control, or would they use some kind of boken (wooden training sword) or shinai (bamboo)?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
The weight and balance on anything else would be all wrong, but I suppose they could still do it with some sort of non-lethal substitute.
Mace Windu. He defeated Sidious. Nearly anyway
In the end, i think that there are a lot of Jedi skilled with the lightsaber. Well, at least 10. But i don't wanna be a spoil sport, 'cause i know that everyone has his favourite one. So... don't mind me.
"-I'm very charitable, remember that time I gave blood?.
-Who's blood?
-Some guy's"
"Archangel, Dark Angel, lend us thy light. Through Death's veil, 'til we have Heaven in sight." Cradle of Filth
Mace Windu no doubt, not only did he out duel Lord Sidious but he is the only Jedi to master Vapaad, the seventh form of lightsaber fighting...not only did he master it but create...and he was a memeber on the council at age 13
http://www.starwars.com/databank/charact...ndu/?id=eu

Per the Star Wars Databank Yoda and Dooku bested Windu^
I would have to say either Yoda or Dooku were the best. Since Anikin defeats Dooku (2nd meeting) and Anikin never had a proper duel with Yoda or Mace. I would have to accept Yoda as the most skilled since he is one out of the only two, the other was Dooku, to have ever bested Mace in a lightsaber duel.
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
Like Dyne said, the most skilled of all is Vader. Obi Wan is OK, but he's not very impressive. Luke handles the sable as though it is gonna jump off his hands and eat him some time or the other. And Mace Windu and all the others...well, they are just fine. But Vader is the coolest, the quickest, the deadliest.
Vader is no way Mace's equal, we should do a poll, Mace for victory!
mace windu by far is the best with a lightsaber yoda is good but only wit tha force mace could have killed anakin if he was busy trying to kill the sith lord

all you people who think anakin is beter than mace windu you arewrong mace windu is the only person who could defeat palpatine if he wasnt busy making sure he didnt use the froce on him he would have killed little ani wit one strike
qui-gon-dom Wrote:mace windu by far is the best with a lightsaber yoda is good but only wit tha force mace could have killed anakin if he was busy trying to kill the sith lord

all you people who think anakin is beter than mace windu you arewrong mace windu is the only person who could defeat palpatine if he wasnt busy making sure he didnt use the froce on him he would have killed little ani wit one strike

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, nobody is WRONG, mind you.
And I still think Anakin is better than Mace Windu, because he was much younger and inexperienced than him and he threw him flying right out of that window!
Besides, we only see ONE fight in which Windu takes part, and a whole bunch more in which Anakin fights. We can't judge Windu by one duel alone (which he LOST!, by the way)
May the Force be with you (and with me)
Let's put it to rest. Here is the link to the Star Wars Database EU which is the Official Star Wars website.

The following is an excerpt, if anyone is too busy to go to the website:

In his day, Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only two opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, and Dooku. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices.

Now, Let's take this one sentence at at time.
1. In his day,Mace was one the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order.
This is not in contention and does not need explaining.

2. It was said only two opponents ever bested him-Yoda,and Dooku.
Since this sentence directly follows the one above, and we are still
discussing lightsaber fighting, we must continue the thought that
the fighting revolved around lightsaber fighting, and that Mace is said to have been bested (defeated) by only 2 opponents. Yoda and Dooku.
This tells us that Mace is good, but not quite good enough in lightsaber combat to defeat Yoda or Dooku.

We do know that Dooku fell back to using force powers when he could
no longer continue the saber duel in ATOC. Because of that, We must assume that Dooku thought Yoda would have defeated Dooku, if their duel had continued uninterrupted.

3. The rest of the paragraph is inconsequential, since it only denotes that
Vaapad, which Mace created, could only be mastered by the most skilled of the Jedi. Incidently any one with the skill and training could master
Vaapad, and unless someone proves otherwise it would be incorrect to
think only Mace can use Vaapad.

Final word Yoda is the best at Saber combatist in The Jedi Order even better than Anakin.
Whether Yoda is better than Sidious or Vader...Unknown.
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
patomon5 Wrote:Let's put it to rest. Here is the link to the Star Wars Database EU which is the Official Star Wars website.

The following is an excerpt, if anyone is too busy to go to the website:

In his day, Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only two opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, and Dooku. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices....

I based my decision on the movies, not additional information. I don't know much about Windu's background, but in the movies he doesn't play that big a part, and he doesn't seem that skilled.
But anyway, the information is useful and interesting (there was no need to go through it in such detail, though. I think the paragraph is pretty clear without further analysis Wink) I searched the site and read all about Windu; what they say about him does make him seem pretty important, but then the movies don't do him justice at all. He never really stands out in them, in my opinion.
Anyway, I still like Anakin / Vader better as the most accomplished fighter.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
Mace Windu beats Sidious in a duel, Yoda doesnt.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: How to make a light saber from plumbing parts Michael 2 963 January 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Lukes saber colour definitiveprankster 4 531 December 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Daniel918
  Have Ya'll Seen "Art of the Saber" yet? venmax 9 763 September 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Han Solo