Grievous's voice
i didnt expect general grievous to have a voice like he did, i thought it would have sounded more serpenty, if you get what i mean!
Yeh, the coughing also irritated me
Hi is your refrigerator running?
'Coz if it is I bet it runs like you, VERY HOMOSEXUALLY!
I think the coughing was added so that we'd realize that Grievous wasn't just a machine. He was flesh and blood under all that metal....barely. But enough to have that simple ailment.
ive been explaing this to everyone whos come by and said "hey whats the deal with the coughing"

this is all shown in the clone wars cartoon:

grievous goes to corscant to capture Palpatine and takes out multiple Jedi in the process. enter Mace Windu, Grievous whips out4 lightsabers. Mace puts up his hand and crushes grievous's body with one force summon. grievous crawls back aboard his ship, and barely excapes Mace Windu
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
Yea..... that armor of his did collapse inward when Windu force gripped him, it probably injured his heart. I had one hell of a smile on when Obi Wan shot him.
"Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic!"[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/RyuShen/duel.gif"]
[/url]
I think the coughing was just added to try and get across to the audience that he was not in fact a droid, but a living creature that had been massively redone, and this was a persisting trait, not an actual ailment. It seemed like his eintire purpose in that movie was just to be a metaphor for what would happen to Anakin, what with being turned into more of a machine than a living thing, having a big duel with Obi-Wan, losing, and then being set aflame. But I really didn't think his character was necessary in the movie at all.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."- Abraham Lincoln
I liked grievous' voice. It was unique. The coughing was a nice touch.
Heaps of people keep saying 'thats so stupid how he coughs, Hes a robot!'
It was pretty obvious when obi wan was up close to grievous' chest and you see his heart , ITS OBVIOUS HE IS NOT A ROBOT!
BTW-that cough that grievous had was actually George Lucas' cough since he had a bad case of the flu during pre-production.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I didn't expect the voice to sound like that either. Watching the Clone Wars cartoon gave me a different expectation. The coughing I thought was trying to make a point that he's not totally robot but it was annoying.
I can imagine quite a bit.
have to say I was disappointed by Grevious as a whole but like his four lightsabre touch and his bike
His bike reminded me a little of Mr Garrisons "It"-vehicle in South Park, :laugh:
Spacemew:kitty: :paw:
Lucas went a bit too far -- too much Jar Jar Bink, too much Ewoks, and too much Grievous coughs -- two coughs would have been enough to get the idea that he not 100% droid. Otherwise, Grievous was cool. Anyone knows where Grievous came from? Was he in episode II?
General Grievous once all-body alien but DarthSidous plan about the crash of the Gvievous ship and his body was destroyed about 95% other 5% was his brian and his heart. Then he became Count Dooku apprentice because Dooku helped him restore his body again!
Dang, I just took "Labrynth of Evil" back to the library! It told grevious's race. He wasn't a Cyborg initially. He led his planet in a war against a neighbor. The Republic, and Jedi, interviened on behaf of the other planet, a wealthy trading prize, against grevious's planet, hence his hatred of the republic and Jedi. The IBC came in and rescued his planet eventually. Grevius worked fro them as an enforcer. When Sidious took intrest in him, he and Tyranus "arranged" a shuttle crash, an insulting way to be injured for a warrior, then their doctors ensured Grevious body was mostly destroyed on the crash. This fueled grevious's hatred further and isolated him, making him the perfect dark apprentence.

Other notes: Grevious has no idea Sidious is Palpatine, Grevious consider's himself Tyranus's subordinate, Grevious is schooled in several forms of lightsaber combat, more than the adverage rookie knight, grevious is trained in the dark side, but he either has no other talents than combat, or doesn't use them.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
The reason Grievous was never as good as the others was because he was part droid in the first place. Darth Sidious didn't even train him in the force, because we all know it was Count Dooku. Darth Vader also had the setback of being a machine which weakened his fighting skills as we can see in the CT, so I wasn't surprised when everyone who said Griveous was going to be a bad ***** ended up getting disappointed when Obi Wan killed him so easily.
Quote:Lucas went a bit too far -- too much Jar Jar Bink, too much Ewoks, and too much Grievous coughs -- two coughs would have been enough to get the idea that he not 100% droid. Otherwise, Grievous was cool. Anyone knows where Grievous came from? Was he in episode II?

Greivous was kind of in Episode II. He was at the Battle of Geonosis, but he was never shown. His presence was implied. He was one of the generals there. He was almost killed, but someone thought it might be a good idea to save him and turn him into a cyborg. He has a vocoder that amplifies his voice.

Personally, I was expecting a lot more of Greivous than that. It was kind of humiliating, really, to be shot...the guy had 4 lightsabers. In reality, if you were skilled enough to wield four swords, there'd be no effective way to defend against it. (That's probably why Lucas doesn't give you any decent shots of that fight...you just see Obi-Wan and a few lightsabers, most of the time.)
Player #1: See the sketch for my character's lightsaber? It's a pistol grip like Dooku's.

Player #2 (Me): Mine has electrostatic flux apertures for variable blade offset up to 45 degrees.
In the books, Grevious mows down Jedi like he was pruning trees. On the Cartoon he is equaly BAed, so their is no reson to not expect him to down 3 or 4 Jedi in ROTS. Obiwan is also a surprise. He goes from a good fighter in AOTC to supersaber master in ROTS!

mybookiethewookie Wrote:In the books, Grevious mows down Jedi like he was pruning trees. On the Cartoon he is equaly BAed, so their is no reson to not expect him to down 3 or 4 Jedi in ROTS. Obiwan is also a surprise. He goes from a good fighter in AOTC to supersaber master in ROTS!

IIRC, there is a deleted scene or a script scene where Mace Windu gives Obi-Wan a compliment on his saber technique before heading off to fight Grevious and that gives him confidence in his saber technique.
I can imagine quite a bit.
I think the idea is that Obiwan has become one of the greatest Jedi knights of all time. As he appears in ROTS, he would eventually rival Yoda and Windu in ability. But notenough was made of this in the movie. A scene like you describe, where Windu or Yoda states to Obiwan that his abilities rival thier own now, would have gone a long way to explain Obiwans sudden skill with a saber.

There were multiple coughs, but it took the close up of the eyes to seal the deal that he was at one point organic. My sistser said the same about the serpentine thing. I did not see it.
Sorry, i don't consider any "cartoon" referrences of any relevance unless they were written by Lucas.
Cutie Akani nailed it......alot have an issue with Luke defeating Vader, but between his cyborg body and his love for Padme (luke), it is not hard to imagine. As far as Grievous (my favorate new character in the 3 prequals), 4 sabers, but mostly machine......this explains why (a granted great Jedi) Obi-Wan disarms him quickly from 4 sabers to 2 before it even gets interesting.
I gotta bad feeling about this.
Lucas did do the cartoon. The cartoon starts at the end of AOTC and segues perfectly into ROTS. If you've been put off by EU stuff, you should check out the Clone Wars stuff, books and cartoon. Lucas has exerted much tighter control over what goes into them.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Lair of Grievous" Review RobRoy 2 1,123 December 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  How much did Grievous know? Pechark 10 1,724 March 14th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian
  Grievous before becoming robot hobojesus 12 5,999 February 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Last Post: triple-k
  Grievous' head knuckles 10 1,236 August 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Mara Jade Skywalker
  Grievous's lightsaber style sith lord 6 755 June 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Darth Penguin