Darkness And Dawn
I picked up a copy of the Trade Paper book
DARKNESS AND DAWN at my local Borders today.
If my memory serves me (and the book is downstairs) this is a reprint of
THE STARS ARE OURS!
and
STAR BORN

Please forgive me I don't remember who did this cover.

Darkness and Dawn -- by Andre Norton (Author)
listed by Amazon for $10.50+shipping
Paperback: 320 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.88 x 9.23 x 6.17
Publisher: Baen Books; (March 2003)
ISBN: 0743435958

Of course I also picked up a few other books, so I'm not sure if the text is identical.
Irene
Irene,

I think Darkness and Dawn was previously published separately as Starman's Son and No Night Without Stars...but I don't think they were ever combined in one book before.

:coffee:
This is what I get for leaving the books on the kitch table when I sit at my computer, and try to remember what was in them.

Thanks for correcting my flub.

What I really should do with these collected versions, is compare the text with the original books. Do these correct typos, and errors? More likely: do these collected texts create new errors?

Irene

[Of course I do this so that people will have the joy of correcting my errors. Making them feel, and rightly so, far superior to me.]
Irene, I could never feel superior to you...lol...after all you are one of the few lucky ones to have met the Lady...

Smile
i recently read a couple of chapters from Darkness and Dawn on the baen website. Seems like a decent book and I was considering pciking it up. Can anyone give me any input on the 2 novels included. Do you consider them worth picking up?
I, for one, can honestly say they are both great reads...and re-reads...as I have said before...there is probably no such thing as a boring Andre Norton. Once you start reading Nortons you will want to find more, and you will be happy to know there is a veritable bounty of Nortons to choose from! I recommend Abebooks.com for finding lots of inexpensive reading copies.

MYCode Guide