Complete CLEO2525 DVD set - discussion and reviews!
{Note: I merged two similar threads - the ones by Gloriosus and Murderingharpie. ~august}

I was emailed by tvshowsondvd this morning with this announcement:

We've added a news item for "Cleopatra 2525" to the site. Here it is:

In the year 2525... - 4:34 AM 4/27/2005 Surprise! With no advance
warning leaking out beforehand, Universal has announced a DVD release of
"Cleopatra 2525", and not just a few episodes either: you get the entire
series of the sci-fi show produced by Sam Raimi. Get all the details in the TVShowsOnDVD News!

On their website there is an article that talks a little more about the R1 DVD release.

[indent]Quote: Wow, here's a title that flew in under the radar! We had NO idea that Universal was working on bringing this nifty sci-fi show to DVD, but today the studio announced a July 19th release of Cleopatra 2525 - The Complete Series! Exec Produced by Sam Raimi (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena, and the Spider-Man films), and starring Jennifer Sky as "Cleo", Victoria Pratt as "Rose", and Gina Torres (Firefly and the last 2 Matrix films) as "Helen".

For those of you who aren't familiar with the show (no surprise, since it was a syndicated series often tucked away into odd timeslots), the main character, Cleopatra, was an exotic dancer from our times (2001) who was accidentally cryogenically frozen until 2525, where she was found and rescued by two female warriors. The three tough (and hot!) ladies fight together against the monstrous heavily-armored airborne robots which now rule the surface of the Earth. Cleo, Rose, and Helen struggle to protect the human community, which has been driven underground in order to survive.

There were 28 episodes of the series, with 22 of them being a half hour long, and the final 6 stories moving to an hour-long format. Universal brings them all to you on 3 DVDs (two of them are double-sided), containing more than 12.5 hours of action and adventure. Cost is $49.98 SRP. Video is Full Frame, and audio is English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. English and Spanish subtitles are also present. Stay tuned for cover art; we'll bring that to you as soon as we get it!

Now if Universal would only give us another syndicated series Exec Produced by Sam Raimi: Jack of All Trades!
[/indent]Article written by David Lambert and posted on 4/27/2005

Ther strange thing is that I pulled out an old Cleo tape yesterday and watched a few episodes for a while. I was let down so much by the fading audio and image quality and just prayed with renewed hope that we would get the series on DVD. Little that I knew my prayers had already been answered. I even thought that it would be a waste to release the show in two season box sets, and that releasing the entire series in one box would be the best course of action--I can't believe they're doing this.

Although I'd love some extra features I certainly could make due without them for this set. I hope Universal does release some more info either confirming or denying the possibility if extra features.

On another note: it would also be night to have Jack of All Trades released on DVD as well. I'm aware of the JOAT fan-base on this board (I like Jack too) and I know that;d make them happy.

:party

This is just so great. I hope there is someone else here just as happy as I am.
Count me as someone who is! You got up early this morning to post this!! :bounce: (I am on that update mailing list too, and was going to post this, but you beat me to it!)

Not sure about the guy who wrote this though - he knows the show well enough to know that Sarge and Hel were really named Rose and Helen.... but why mention it in the article, and confuse everyone?

I did a search to see if there was any other press on this, but apparently not yet. Did discover this old review of the UK dvd release though....

And BTW - welcome to the forum - you're new here, right?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Well finally!!!!! :love: :love:
Been buggin these people from Tv shows on Dvd about Cleo--hehe
( "she's asking for it again..." "ah, maybe we'd better give her what she wants--maybe she'll leave us alone then!!") :laugh:

Now I'll go on a JoAT tirade---muhahahaha
July 19th ---the pain.

Important info -- had to come out of lurkerdom/EQ2 fanaticland for this!! Smile Smile Smile doing a little happy cleo dance here......
Hathor
[aka] Baegia --- Raiding Troubador of Blackstar Rising
* * * * * HOORAY! * * * * *
Now its just time for JOAT
Apparently, this new set has "... Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes and Outtakes on this release!"

[Image: Cleo2525_dvd_cover.jpg]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Whoop Whoop :clap: :birthday:
Sometimes getting LOST is the surest way to find HOME
The word is..... the prices range from $32.99 to $34.99.
deepdiscountdvd has it listed , $36.00 with free snail mail shipping.
coast me $38.43 after tax.
WHAAAAT?! I can't believe I haven't seen this until just now! Good thing I'm such a lazy bum and never got the foriegn releases.

This is the best news ever! July 19 can't come quickly enough! I'll finally be able to see the whole series, not just the handful of episodes that I saw here and there.

I'm glad they're releasing it all in one, makes a lot more sense. More Vicky on DVD? The world is now a better place! Wink
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but on Amazon.com, Cleopatra 2525 is finally ready for pre-order, and according to an ad in Sci-Fi Magazine, it is due out mid July (July 15, 2005 IIRC).

I just thought I'd pass the word along.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Yep, there's a thread at https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...hp?t=18550 - but never enough discussion and promotion! :bg: Hey if anyone has a chance to scan the magazine ad, I know we'd alll love to see it here!

Hey G-man - you're in the greater DC area, correct? Brcue Campbell is there tomorrow!

Washington, DC
Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Olsson's Books & E Street Theatre
Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way signing
Man with the Screaming Brain screening
At E Street Theatre, 555 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
(202) 452-7672, (202) 638-7610
http://www.landmarktheatres.com, http://www.olssons.com
Some pr stuff on the boxed set:

Cleopatra 2525: The Complete Series

Get ready for temperatures to rise as the sexiest sci-fi series ever, Cleopatra 2525, explodes onto DVD for the first time. Action goddess Gina Torres ("Firefly," The Matrix Reloaded) co-stars in the sizzling series about a cryogenically frozen exotic dancer who, after accidentally being thawed in the year 2525, joins two sexy freedom fighters in their battle against evil robots called Bailies. Led by the mysterious "Voice," this tempestuous trio must out-fight, out-seduce and out- maneuver the forces that threaten to destroy the world.

From executive producer Sam Raimi (director of the Spider-Man and Evil Dead franchises and producer of "Xena: Warrior Princess") comes the series that has David Bianculli at the New York Daily News declaring: "Clever action sequences, strong special effects, outrageous comedy and double entendre ... the sexy factor is way in the red zone ... tantalizing." Including all 28 episodes plus exclusive bonus features including deleted scenes, outtakes, a special effects and stunts featurette and one episode each of Earth 2 and Sliders: The Third Season, this three-disc set is a must-own at $49.98 SRP.

Cleopatra 2525

Street Date: July 19, 2005
Copyright: 2005 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: $49.98 SRP
Selection Numbers: 28030
Running Time: 12 Hours 38 Minutes
Discs: 3
Layers: 2 Dual/Dual (Double-Sided) plus 1 Dual (Single-Sided)
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame 1.33:1
Rating: Not rated
Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono/Captions; Spanish
subtitles
Quote:Cleopatra 2525

Discs: 3
Layers: 2 Dual/Dual (Double-Sided) plus 1 Dual (Single-Sided)

Does this mean that only one of the discs will have art on it.

ZachWZ
I have no clue what that means.... :confused:
(Kea dusts off password) Can I just say I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY Cleo is coming out on DVD. (Happy dance!!!!) Or bettter yet :jawdrop:
Amazon has a pretty good price on the DVD set (around $38). I am just so happy. Just makes you wish we had more Cleo eps but one thing at a time. The bonus features sound good as well.
I can now give my poor Cleo tapes a rest! Smile
Go Cleo, Go Cleo (starts to sing 'in the year 2525...') :bg: Is it July 19 yet!?!?!?! Wink
UM#333 Kea - Keeper of the sayings:

"You must have been the smartest one in your village."

"Houston, we have a problem!"
"Who's Houston?"
WHOA! Check out Universal's site for the DVD release: http://www.cleopatra2525dvd.com/index_cleo.html
Oh that's a cool site August. I can't wait till Cleo comes out where it will go on my shelf next to my Season 2 of Alias (and hopefully one day next to Birds of Prey as well). Smile
UM#333 Kea - Keeper of the sayings:

"You must have been the smartest one in your village."

"Houston, we have a problem!"
"Who's Houston?"
Ooo, I'm going to get this one!
I have the European edition of season 1, but they never came out with season 2.

I hope some of the deleted scenes and outtakes have Creegan in them! :bounce:
Review at http://tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=4820

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the "it's never too late" dept. The Huffington Post reviews The Evil Dead august 0 606 July 24th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: august
  TechRepublic blogger reviews Seeker episode "Desecrated" Michael 1 650 May 18th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  LOTS "Reckoning" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 7 1,181 May 26th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  LOTS "Fever " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 9 961 May 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Bern
  LOTS "Sanctuary " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 1 719 May 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  LOTS "Cursed" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 5 763 May 5th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Kea
  LOTS "Mirror" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 11 1,134 May 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Last Post: august
  LOTS "Deception " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 7 886 April 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
  LOTS "Bloodline " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 4 703 March 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kszonew
  LOTS "Conversion" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 3 660 March 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM