Complete CLEO2525 DVD set - discussion and reviews!
At long last! I'm going out shortly and I'll be picking up the boxset. Looking forward to enjoying the complete Cleo. Has anyone here bought it yet?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Why Hel who would have thought! Wink LOL
UM#333 Kea - Keeper of the sayings:

"You must have been the smartest one in your village."

"Houston, we have a problem!"
"Who's Houston?"
From The Trades :

Quote:"In the year 2525..." a woman who went in for a simple breast enhancement surgery in 2001 awakens from a comatose state to a world that has been taken over by machines known as Baileys, a world where humans live underground, a world full of mutants straight out of the Krofft Supershow and costumed by Roger Corman.

Cleopatra is the stage name of the somewhat naive Rip-van-stripper who finds herself befriended by two warriors, Sarge and Hel, who work for a mysterious unseen Voice, performing missions to advance the cause of human liberation. They're like Charlie's Angels, with lasers. Along the way, this resistance team encounters Bailey sympathizers like the clown-faced Creegan who knows more about Hel's mission than Hel does; psychopathic killers like the mind-controlling femme fatale, Raina (Danielle Cormack); and some fetish-fashioned flesh trading mutants who populate the bars and raves. Whereas Hel and Sarge are trained for combat, Cleopatra's only physical training revolves around a stage and a pole, with a few years of acting classes and a remarkable talent for mimicking other female voices.

Sam Raimi must have been trying out some of his Spider-Man thoughts on this series, as the main method of transport used by Hel, Sarge and (eventually) Cleo is a wrist-mounted webshooter that bungees the girls from level to level of the underground shafts that comprise the world of Cleopatra 2525.

One part camp, one part B movie, and five parts apocalyptic future (is there any other kind in science fiction?), Raimi proves (as he has before) that you don't need a big budget to produce a fast, fun, and decidedly sexy adventure series. Jennifer Sky is decidedly charming, and Gina Torres and Victoria Pratt sizzle without even trying as the leap, somersault, and shoot their way across the screen in every episode......

The bonus features are found on disc 3A, and include nearly 9 minutes of deleted scenes and over 4 minutes of fun and sometimes racy outtakes. There's also a nearly two-minute music montage of special effects and stunts, showing side-by-side comparisons of finished product against the blue screen shots, as well as some wire flying scenes.......

Grade: Episodes: B+
Bonus Features: A-

Rip van Stripper! :bounce:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I picked up the box set of Cleo.

But it will have to wait till I get through my box set of Remington Steele.

So much to watch so little time. Smile
Sometimes getting LOST is the surest way to find HOME
So, has anyone bought the dvds and can tell me anything about the extra stuff? How were the deleted scenes, and the outtakes?
I was watching some more yesterday, and, boy, Universal sure wants you to know they're responsible for releasing the DVD set! You get the Universal logo when it initially loads and then before every episode! Most box sets I've had display the studio logo on the first episode you watch, then not again until you take the disc out/shut off the DVD player.

It's not a problem, really, I just find it kind of amusuing.
Well, I for one found it quite interesting that Universal itself released this, rather than contracting it out to Anchor Bay or Davis-Anderson or someone....

So, tell us more! :bg:
Yayayay! I've got the complete Cleo2525 DVD box! :bounce: :love:
The some of the deleted scenes and outtakes were really funny!
I wish they'd put more of them on the DVDs!
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]LOL - well, don't keep us shivering in antici....
PAtion! :bounce: Fill us in on the details! :bg:
[/COLOR]
Darkamber Wrote:Yayayay! I've got the complete Cleo2525 DVD box! :bounce: :love:
The some of the deleted scenes and outtakes were really funny!
I wish they'd put more of them on the DVDs!

I got mine too! I can't wait to sit down and have a Cleo marathon! :jester:
Xenarose
a.k.a.
RainaRose
U.M.M. #9 ~ Keeper of:
~Raina's thought inhibitor
~Hel's goggles
~the Juice
In the extra material, there's one scene which where cut from "In your boots":
The girls are at a bar, after Creegan has switched bodies with Hel.
He goes off and tries a really bad pickup line on a woman - I think it was something like "Do you have a map to the Underground, cause I just got lost in your eyes" - and obviously gets punched in the mouth, because the next scene shows him (as Hel) back with the girls, gingerly tounching his/her mouth.
:laugh:

And there's a taken out scene, where Joel is joking around, demanding a hologram of Cleo (or was it Jennifer Sky), nude.
See? I knew Creegan had a thing for Cleo!
:laugh:

They should've put more fun stuff as extras on the DVD collection!
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Here's a couple of reviews I came across, neither tremendously favorable:

AbsoluteAnime.com

IGN.com[/COLOR]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the "it's never too late" dept. The Huffington Post reviews The Evil Dead august 0 606 July 24th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: august
  TechRepublic blogger reviews Seeker episode "Desecrated" Michael 1 650 May 18th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  LOTS "Reckoning" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 7 1,181 May 26th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  LOTS "Fever " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 9 961 May 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Bern
  LOTS "Sanctuary " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 1 719 May 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  LOTS "Cursed" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 5 763 May 5th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Kea
  LOTS "Mirror" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 11 1,134 May 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Last Post: august
  LOTS "Deception " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 7 886 April 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
  LOTS "Bloodline " Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 4 703 March 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kszonew
  LOTS "Conversion" Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Kea 3 660 March 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM