Superman: The New Outfit
Here's a link;the picture's large.

Key changes:
  • Colors are darkened a bit
  • "S" symbol is a little smaller, and placed higher on the chest
  • The symbol also looks more of a badge/shield, as opposed to just being some extra cloth sewn in
  • a stylized version of the S is worked into the belt buckle.
Looks good.

And, all of you who still have nightmares about the Joel Schumacher inspired Batsuit, you will be relieved to know that nipples have not been added.

Bryan Singer has proven that he can handle comic book characters. Now he gets a chance to prove that he can handle THE comic book character.

Between Superman, Batman, and the Fantastic Four, looks like it could be a good year for comic book fans.
I'm somewhat apprehensive about this movie. Singer appears adamant about creating a carbon copy of the original movies, which I never enjoyed much. There's even talk of him using stock footage of Marlon Brando.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
I hope this will be a good film. I'm not sure about the casting of Routh as Superman but he may do good. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when a trailer for the film comes out.
Superman has always been too goodie-goodie for me. Even as a child I was more drawn to Batman and the darker comics than I was to Superman, the boy in blue.

By contrast, however, I really enjoyed the television series Lois & Clark. But I think that was because the relationship was more the focus than the action/conflict.

That, and Teri Hatcher is rather yummy!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Supie a goody-goody? RobRoy, go was your mouth out with soap! :dead:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
I dont like it. Looks wimpy. They should never have made another Superman movie. The Christoher Reeves Superman movies cannot be replaced.
inked Wrote:Supie a goody-goody? RobRoy, go was your mouth out with soap! :dead:

The Boy in Blue? Supes? Not a goodie-goodie? Oh, come now. Truth, Justice and the American Way would be appalled.

Compared to almost any other character, he was one of the last to actually tap into a dark side, and even then his dark side wasn't all that dark.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
How about Captain America? He's even more wholesome.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Zagor Wrote:How about Captain America? He's even more wholesome.

Which one? There's been like . . . wait, let me think . . . eighteen-thousand Captain America's and twenty-five thousand Bucky's.

But I dunno. Captain America (Steve Rogers) had some rather dark beginings, and the whole Nazi thing with Red Skull. I guess they're about even. Superman's entire planet blew up in his origin story, where Captain America only lost his father-figure in his origin.

RobRoy,

Do.........NOT.......give.........in........to........the........Dark........Side!

Re...sist,..........RR..........r...e...s...i....s....t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Supie can't help that he had a good childhood and loving parents and proper moral instruction! Being a pretty well integrated nice guy, he doesn't have a dark side. And if you look at the origins, he was clearly antithetical to the Nazi Ubermann! Cool
inked
CSL/LWW
inked Wrote:RobRoy,

Do.........NOT.......give.........in........to........the........Dark........Side!

Re...sist,..........RR..........r...e...s...i....s....t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark appeals to me. I don't know why. I never went goth or anything like that, and I'm reasonably cheery. Maybe I just like to look out through some stained-glass every now and again and see what other see. <shrug>

Quote:And if you look at the origins, he was clearly antithetical to the Nazi Ubermann! Cool

I never considered Superman to have Nietzschean ties. I haven't followed the series very closely, so I don't know if this was every a problem/concern of the comics?

Does anyone know anything about the story of this new Superman movie? I really cant imagine how they can top the Christopher Reeve movies.
RobRoy,
Supie was anti-Nietzchean, dude! :laugh:

The history of the comic was what I was referring to, of course. NOT the current trend to make Supie a relativist! He did fight for Truth, Justice, and the American Way - but that was when the western civilization actually knew the Truth, and was Justly opposing the tyranny of Hitler, and the American Way meant a set of values in opposition to those of the Third Reich (which had decided that it would flaunt and not abide by those precepts of western civilization).

Nowadays, that seems as "Long, long ago, and far, far away" as the setting of Star Wars.
inked
CSL/LWW

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiderman 2 vs. Superman 2 ThePharoah 30 3,250 January 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Last Post: puddlejumper
  superman vs batman 0 106 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: