Why do you think Anakin Turned to the Dark side? (Possible spoiler)
Welcome DanSkywalker to SF-Fandom and the Star Wars fourm. There is another thread with the exact same title and discussion so I'm merging your thread with the previous thread.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Why do you think that Anakin turns to the dark side?
Merged with previous thread. Enjoy Han.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Confusedo: RobRoy, you said earlier that Palpatine arranged the capture of Ani's mother by the sandpeople...Really???I thought it was a random unplanned event...
"At last we will have revenge":angry:
Yeah, I thought it was a random event too. Please RR, enlighten us on this.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
I always thought it was Anakin's passion and lust for greater power that got the best of him, and ultimately turned him to the darkside. It was all a plot by Palpaltine, being able to see the future. he saw that Padme was going to die obviously, or he wouldn't have said it. Palpaltine was trying in all sorts of manners to bring Anakin to the darkside, with much success in my opinion, but his wife was his passion and that is the straw that broke the camels back. Palpaltine got him with the powers taught by Darth Plagueous the Wise, in which to save people from dying. That's what did it!! He ultimately turned to save his wife.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
He turned because he became emotionally attached. He was thinking with his pecker. Jedi aren't allowed to do that. I blame padme, if she was a biffer, non of this would have happened.

Qui Gon also should have left him on Tattooine with Watto. It was obvious he was a moody little bugger.
i have to agree that Padme was the single biggest factor, Anakin just could not buy into the entire Jedi thing of having no emotional attachment to anybody and understadingly dismissed the Green ones advise when he suggested this.

Plus the Jedi keeping him out of the loop all the time royally ****** him off. For example if Mace had taken him along to confront Palps rather than telling him to go to his room (more or less) thing may have turned out different.

Anakin was left out in the cold and the more annoyed he got the more his fellow JEDI did it. But yes, the entire love thing and his fear of loss was the cornerstone of his transformation.
The dark side is best, you get to go to bed late and stuff

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Italian Star Wars fan film, "Dark Resurrection" FilmGuy 1 744 January 20th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Dark Side: Star Wars, Mythology and Ingratitude by David Brin RobRoy 0 1,016 January 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Anakin as Qui-Gon's padawan Han Solo 6 1,367 June 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Is pirates of the Carribean derived from Star Wars. (Spoiler alert) Gollum wannabe 2 1,337 June 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM
  dark force VS good force frkman 1 734 February 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Anakin: Friend or foe? Galafre 3 868 January 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Saber
  Anakin Clone Dedpool 12 979 April 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Why Did Obi-1 Let Anakin Live? Darth Meela 40 5,020 April 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Who is Anakin's father? Alvin Eriol 79 9,072 February 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
  Anakin's Motives... (spoilers) Gwaihir the Windlord 25 2,741 February 10th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Gundar Jin