Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005
Happy St Patrick's Day Kind Folks. Andre's favorite holiday. We celebrate the end of her suffering and remember what a kind, generous person she was. And we are acknowledging her genius by rereading all her books. I think she would like that in spite of her self-effacing nature. Later Kind Folks--Paul
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I still wish she were here writing new stories but all good things must come to an end.
It's hard to believe, but it has been twelve years since She passed away. St Patrick's Day brings mixed feelings. I've had a nice day today.:wave: Hope y'all had the same. Later Kind Folks--Paul
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I had hoped to launch a new Andre Norton section on Xenite.Org by now, although it would only be "new" in the sense that we would make it easier to find the Andre Norton stuff with a better URL (its own subdomain). That will have to wait for later in the year. I had a long winter battle with bronchitis that forced me to set aside many projects.
Oh, Michael--those bronchial deathplagues are whole galaxies of not-fun! I hope you're feeling--and breathing!--much better now.

Jerrie
As the weather gets warmer I have less trouble breathing, although now the trees are starting to pollinate so I don't have much relief. Smile

I fear going into a hospital with a respiratory ailment because they lay you on your back, making it harder to breathe. At least, that is the way I see it. As long as I can drink hot tea I guess I will survive.
Steve Miller just posted a reminder that 17 February was the anniversary of Andre Norton's birth. 

With all of the upset in this world of quarantine, I had forgotten.
Irene
I may try to set up a special commemoration for her birthday next year. I'll have to think about that.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 152 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Irene
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 347 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 186 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 257 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Andre's Reading Corner - Noble Warrior Lots-A-Watts 3 312 October 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Desirable Lakeside Residence Lots-A-Watts 0 212 September 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - London Bridge Lots-A-Watts 2 275 September 6th, 2020, 11:40 AM
  Norton Image Project Lots-A-Watts 13 701 August 24th, 2020, 12:33 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - A Cats Tale Lots-A-Watts 2 350 August 19th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nine Threads of Gold Lots-A-Watts 2 476 July 18th, 2020, 06:04 PM