Lucy's movie "Locusts" on Syfy, Sat. 3/27 @ 9 AM

First, news on Lucy Lawless. She's going to film a made-for-TV film called
"Locusts!" (The explanation point is part of the title, I think.)
Production will begin in the next week or two, and the whole thing will be
ready to air on Sunday, April 24th at 9 PM on CBS - it's going to be part of
a "Sunday Night Movie" series of films. My guess is that they must have
done a LOT of the special effects in advance, and saved the live actors for
one of the last steps.

It's described as: "...a thriller about a deadly breed of bioengineered
locusts that form multiple swarms, covering thousands of square miles,
creating a new and unimaginable
threat to the United States."

And from Lucy herself:

"I chose it because it was surprisingly well written and looked like a lot
of fun. The unexpected pleasure was meeting the producers in person. Not
only do I feel they know how to turn out a good show, but they will set up
the kind of atmosphere where I, and all the crew can do our best
work. Also this is the kind of classic family fare that I grew up on. I
remember the appointments my family made with 'Fantastic Voyage' and 'The
Birds' and 'Triffids', and I'd love to be part of that."
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
That's what came to mind when I saw the title of this movie. Goes back to the old movies where aniamls went after people or a swarm of killer bees were the "terror".
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

From the "U Daily News" at http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,21...56,00.html (by way of Mary D) -

LIFE AFTER XENA: It's been 3 1/2 years since Lucy Lawless wrapped up her "Xena: Warrior Princess' series, and she's spent most of that time focusing on marriage, her two sons and her move from New Zealand to the United States. Now she's picking up her professional pace again, starting with a guesting on tonight's "Two and a Half Men,' and continuing with the currently shooting CBS movie "Locusts.'

"This was the first time I was able to hook into a real sitcom, and I love it. I started off doing a lot of comedy in New Zealand,' reports the 5-foot-10 1/2-inch beauty, who's a blonde in the episode in which Charlie Sheen's character develops a powerful attraction for her -- a cumbersome matter when he's trying to pass himself off as gay.

"Locusts' has Lawless as a scientist working for the Department of Agriculture when a bio-catastrophe unleashes a plague of you-know-what. That has meant working with a lot of insects, but she remains unfazed by the critters she's had crawling on her body, face, mouth, etc. "Thank God for CGI. At least we don't have to deal with a million of them,' she notes.

Lawless would like to hook into another series now that commuting is no longer an issue. She made the move to the States less than a year ago, "but I've been coming and going for years. I have tremendous friends in Los Angeles and New York, and now I'm really digging Louisiana.'

Meanwhile, her and husband Bob Tapert's sons, ages 2 and 5, are digging !ital!in Louisiana -- in the back yard of the house in which they're staying in New Orleans. "They've got crawfish in the back yard. With two little boys, we have this continuing disgusting menagerie of creatures -- snakes and millipedes. Having the kids here, it could not be better,' says Lucy.........
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Official site at http://www.cbs.com/specials/locusts/
Mary D has some more promotional material from CBS on the movie at http://www.lucylawless.info/movies/locusts/
If this wasn't the biggest piece of crap movie since "Spring Break : Shark Attack".....
it was 10 times better than that piece of crap shark movie and it was way better than "Alien Apocalypse."
Ah, the lovely world of internet fandom! :bg: :bounce:

At any rate, "Locusts" is running on ABC Family on Oct. 23rd at 8 PM EDT.
Halloween fare for ABC Family, I guess. Weren't they looking at doing a sequel to "Locusts," not necesarily with more locusts, but with Lucy's character facing some other threat?
Yep, they filmed that very quickly this time last year, and it aired last Hallowe'en. It was called "Vampire Bats." It was set in Louisiana, and Lucy and the crew were caught up in all the Katrina stuff during filming. They ended up having to finish the rest of the shooting - perhaps a week's worth somewhere else...Nova Scotia I think (it was mainly interior scenes remaining, and one classroom looks the same as another.)
To this day, I still havent see Locusts. Only Vampire Bats. Even though they're not really high quality movies (to say the least) I'd still like to see them released on DVD; preferably together. Anything with the Lawless one is a goodie to me :crown: And honestly...if Alien Apocoplypse can be released on DVD, so can these LOL :laugh:
juicy flawless.org

:cheergirl:
Sci-Fi is running this Sunday night, 2/8 at 9 PM.
Wonderful images of Lucy in this film can be found here. :bg:
Syfy is rerunning this on Sat. afternoon, 8/8 at 3 PM EDT.

It's part of a day-long marathion of creepy-crawly creature features:

9 AM - The Hive - Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) vs. sentient insects; filmed in Thailand for the Halmis at the same time as Croc and BloodMonkey

11 AM - Arachnid - Chris Potter (Caine's son on "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues") and Alex Reid (Beth the hottie redhead in "The Descent") vs. spider-ish alien; oddly, filmed in Spain and co-produced by a Spanish company.

1 PM - Larva - Vincent Ventresca (I-Man) Rachel Hunter (Rod Stewart's ex, and Stacey's mom in the video Wink ) and David Selby (Quentin from Dark Shadows) vs. mutant killer parasites.

3 PM - Locusts

5 PM - Sand Serpents - GI's vs. the Taliban and giant Tremors-like worms; filmed in Romania.

7 PM - Ice Spiders - Vanessa Williams (the actress from Melrose Place, not the naked Miss USA) and other Melrose alums vs. mutated giant spiders at a ski lodge.

9 PM - premiere of Infestation - Linda Park (Enterprise) Ray Wise (Reaper, Twin Peaks) Brooke Nevin (Animorphs, The 4400) and Chris Marquette (Strong Medicine, Joan of Arcadia, Fanboys) in a sort of remake of 28 Days Later....except with giant alien insects. Filmed in Bulgaria, and amazingly, co-produced by Mel Gibson's Icon Productions. Trailer at http://www.iconmovies.net/infestation/# .

11 PM - Warbirds - Brian Krause (Return to the Blue Lagoon, and Leo on Charmed) and babelicious WASP's (Women's Air Force Service Pilots) in fighter planes vs. mutant pterodactyls on a Japanese-occupied island in WWII. Clips are here, and details are here. And look for the adorable Lucy Faust in a key supporting role as Vanessa "Hoodsie" Smith, the youngest, giddiest, cutest, and tiniest member of the crew! They filmed this in her native Louisiana, and she had just finished her sophomore year in college as a theatre major when she was cast.

1 AM - rerun of Infestation

3 Am - Caved In: Prehistorc Terror - Christopher Atkins (the father of Krause's character, in the original Blue Lagoon) and Colm Meaney (Chief O'Brien on Trek) vs. giant cockroaches. Underground. In the Alps. But really Romania.
Syfy is airing this Saturday 3/27 at 9 AM, kicking off a marathon of beasitie movies, including Renee's Monster Ark! Details here.
Syfy is rerunning this at 9 AM next Saturday, 11/6.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 543 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 6,535 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: august
  Victoria Pratt's new movie Turbulence on Lifetime Move Network @ 8 PM tonight (Fr. 12/30) august 1 2,039 December 31st, 2016, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" august 0 592 September 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 751 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  Lucy Lawless and Bruce Campbell on Late Show with Colbert (Nov. 10) august 0 582 January 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM
  Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz! august 31 3,241 December 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM
  Interviews with Lucy, and her "dream project" august 2 579 December 27th, 2015, 04:16 PM
  Lucy Lawless on the Today Show! august 2 554 December 14th, 2015, 12:00 PM
  New movie about Satanic high priest LeVay. badlands 1 610 August 3rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Michael