Genesis 1:26
maybe its impossible for human minds to be entirely accurate on the whole 'god' principle at all.....

after all he is.... to be honest a myth...

also are you saying that when you say 'they' its like a more than a one minded opinion, more of a democratic agreement? i dont know lol

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep i need sleep
GateWorld.net
Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because the people who mind dont matter, and the people who matter dont mind. Smile
isnt the passage written from the point of view of a human, and hes telling what god had said? so "god (speaking about him) creating man in our (refering to all humans)" that seems to make a little more sense.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
ukkiller Wrote:And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I think gos SAID lets make man in our image... if man had not been made then there would be no 'our' in the context ur on about, man would not exist then... understand?
GateWorld.net
Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because the people who mind dont matter, and the people who matter dont mind. Smile
ukkiller Wrote:maybe its impossible for human minds to be entirely accurate on the whole 'god' principle at all.....

after all he is.... to be honest a myth...

also are you saying that when you say 'they' its like a more than a one minded opinion, more of a democratic agreement? i dont know lol

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep i need sleep

Yes, how can human minds grasp the meaning of "infinity"? Everything we know has a beginning and an end? So it would be impossible to be entirely accurate.

I have to disagree with you, God is not a myth, He is real, for otherwise, none of us would be here (I realize of course that alot of people disagree with me on this point, so I don't mean to have a discussion on it).

And yes, it is more of a one minded opinion. That is a good way to describe it.
An O.B.server
O.B.server Wrote:I have to disagree with you, God is not a myth, He is real, for otherwise, none of us would be here (I realize of course that alot of people disagree with me on this point, so I don't mean to have a discussion on it).

Actually, the majority of the world agrees with you in one sense or another. Most people believe in a higher power. The disagreements generally stem from the form which that power takes, and then diverges further from there.

But, for the most part, nine people out of every ten you ask will state they believe in a Creator of some kind.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Actually, the majority of the world agrees with you in one sense or another. Most people believe in a higher power. The disagreements generally stem from the form which that power takes, and then diverges further from there.

But, for the most part, nine people out of every ten you ask will state they believe in a Creator of some kind.

True, I agree with you.
An O.B.server
maybe after life, in either case we may find out...
GateWorld.net
ukkiller Wrote:with respect...i think they knew the difference between 'i' and 'we', i mean it is very basic.. all languages use the two.... basically i think the bible it roughly accuratly translated.... if not then what we read may not be what was intended!

Some languages, actually, don't have an "I". And the concept of "we" is not universally applied. That is, there are variations across multiple cultures and historical periods.
Regarding the 'finding out after we die' idea, as CS Lewis said, in 'Mere Christianity', it is pointless deciding to choose the right side after the right side has been proven right...you cannot suddenly say you've decided to lie down, when it has become impossible to stand. The choice won't be available then, it'll be much too late. That's what makes me sad for cynics who won't even take the time to look into it. I'm afraid for you, and sad for you. Not because it's any kind of competition, and we (Christians) want to win, but because we so much don't want you guys to lose. If you could see the things I have seen, and I don't mean people getting out of wheelchairs and weird visions...stuff like that, but true, deep and awesome things. People changed from absolute animalistic, vicious people, into people driven to help others, sitting up all night with drug addicts and alcoholics out in the rain, it's hard to explain. But God is real and true. Just give Him a chance.
"...in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever..."
Ingvanye Wrote:Regarding the 'finding out after we die' idea, as CS Lewis said, in 'Mere Christianity', it is pointless deciding to choose the right side after the right side has been proven right...you cannot suddenly say you've decided to lie down, when it has become impossible to stand. The choice won't be available then, it'll be much too late. That's what makes me sad for cynics who won't even take the time to look into it. I'm afraid for you, and sad for you. Not because it's any kind of competition, and we (Christians) want to win, but because we so much don't want you guys to lose. If you could see the things I have seen, and I don't mean people getting out of wheelchairs and weird visions...stuff like that, but true, deep and awesome things. People changed from absolute animalistic, vicious people, into people driven to help others, sitting up all night with drug addicts and alcoholics out in the rain, it's hard to explain. But God is real and true. Just give Him a chance.
Did you ever consider that the "cynics" did take the time to look into it....and rejected it for seemingly good reasons? Wink Save your sympathy..... Confusedhades:
Was God not talking to all the Angels in Heaven? Angels look like us? Well ok i don't know what angels look like, but generally they are dipicted like us. So maybe they are done so, because of that reference in the Bible.

I really don't know, just the first thought that came to me.
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)
davedapunk Wrote:Was God not talking to all the Angels in Heaven? Angels look like us? Well ok i don't know what angels look like, but generally they are dipicted like us. So maybe they are done so, because of that reference in the Bible.

Atually, some of the angels are described. Daniel (10:5-6) saw an angel whose "body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

Revelations (4:7-8) related angels as looking like beasts:

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

But other Bible authors depict angels as being human-looking in nature. Abraham and Lot both welcomed "men" who were accounted to be angels.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
angel=messenger

A lot of our imagery is designed to convey aspects of spiritual beings not required to have physical bodies for existence but who may assume them, thus, imaginatively we give angels wings to suggest speed of locomotion and thought, auras to suggest their non-physicality, haloes to suggest alignment with good and horns/hooves to suggest deformation from the good, et cetera.

It is when we fail to appreciate the symbolic character and meanings of these depictions that we gain this confused and laughable set of characteristics that no one actually makes an article of faith. :halo:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
We tend to speak of angels as if they were supposed to be a single group or race of beings. The word "angel" is derived from a Greek word (I think it was angelikos) for "messenger". So, angel describes a group fulfilling a function or role, not a race or species.
ukkiller Wrote:maybe after life, in either case we may find out...

What's the point? It would be too late to find out then.
An O.B.server
i would give him a chance, if he somehow communicated with me... until then i remain sceptic...
GateWorld.net
An O.B.server

RobRoy,

How about God Himself, Incarnate, Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus bar Joseph, Son of Mary, Son of God? Or is that too flashy :laugh: ?
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
isnt jesus overdue to arise again anyway?
GateWorld.net

MYCode Guide