Problem w/reply to quote
I was replying to a quote just now,and I got an error message saying my reply was too short-how can that be? My reply was at least 3 sentences long. The error message said the reply had to be at least 20 characters. I know my reply was more than that. After several attempts to do this, I gave up and replied the regular way.
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
Hmmm . . . I've hit this a couple of times myself. For me it was the fact that I also included the quote message in my count. The system doesn't count the use of the quote as part of your reply.

Could this have been the problem?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Unfortunately, this is a feature that VBulletin inserted into the software, probably because many forum admins were becoming frustrated with thread-spamming, where people would just pile up meaningless replies to increase their post counts.

I don't think it's a good idea, myself, as I have seen many people both here and on other forums type in lots of pointless comments just to get past the minimum. If it is configurable, I haven't seen where to set the limit, but I'll look again and see if we can arrange some flexibility.

And now I have looked but I only see that we can adjust the number of characters up or down, but even setting it to zero doesn't turn off the feature. I think the problem is in the algorithm used by the software. So, I'm going to leave it at 20 for now.
The last time I tried this, it seemed to work alright. I can understand the reasoning behind this to a degree, but,like you said,Michael,I've seen what you have seen-pointless replies to add to the count. In any event, it seems to be working ok now.
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with never-ending download and 100% CPU rkomar 5 1,055 July 16th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Publish to Facebook on Reply Not Working Michael 1 759 December 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Quick Reply Icons gemini0521 3 1,018 June 17th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Last Post: katiegirl
  A Problem with the Dark Blue Font Color CELEBBOYCRAZY 1 681 February 2nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Dixie
  double post problem Mindelan 2 593 November 7th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Mindelan
  Is it possible to have a "quick reply" spot? nienna~c 3 622 October 25th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WolfBrother
  International Reply Coupons Orange1967 0 509 September 30th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Orange1967
  Is this the same login problem... SeaBoe 1 817 July 30th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Dixie
  email problem Maciliel 1 453 April 7th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Last Post: celeb-galad
  Email notification problem OB1 0 490 March 31st, 2003, 08:44 PM
Last Post: OB1