Question about quotes
I've noticed that when I post a quote and reply to it, my reply appears before the quote-shouldn't it be the other way around? :question:
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
Hmmm . . . well, not knowing exactly how you go about replying, I'd say that it's simply a matter of where you start typing your message. The quote should appear at the head of your message, and then when you post, it will remain there.

I don't believe the system moves your message or the quote.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Hmmm . . . well, not knowing exactly how you go about replying, I'd say that it's simply a matter of where you start typing your message. The quote should appear at the head of your message, and then when you post, it will remain there.

I don't believe the system moves your message or the quote.
It mainly occurs when I type my reply in a color,rather than black,as I am doing now. Have you looked at any of the messages with quotes and replies in color? I don't think I am the only one this happens to.
Smile
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
Your message appears to be in black to me. If the software is customizing your display based on your settings, it will be difficult for us to figure out what is going on (and that may require waiting some months until the next update).
Maybe this will explain it better! I really have no problem with it, I find it just a little odd, that's all! Smile
Michael Wrote:Your message appears to be in black to me. If the software is customizing your display based on your settings, it will be difficult for us to figure out what is going on (and that may require waiting some months until the next update).
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
gemini0521 Wrote:I've noticed that when I post a quote and reply to it, my reply appears before the quote-shouldn't it be the other way around? :question:

testing testing testing

testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest

edited to add: I can't duplicate the problem. Do you click your cursor below the quote? Sorry I can't help.
Arcadia Wrote:
testing testing testing

testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest

edited to add: I can't duplicate the problem. Do you click your cursor below the quote? Sorry I can't help.

I suppose I do,but as I said before,it appears normal when I do a reply in black, but when I do one in color,like now,it is flipped! As I also said before,I don't really have a problem with it, it just looks odd.Funny,it looks ok now. Smile
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
I was able to duplicate it.

If you just click color after clicking quote, it puts your message before the quote.
gemini0521 Wrote:I suppose I do,but as I said before,it appears normal when I do a reply in black, but when I do one in color,like now,it is flipped! As I also said before,I don't really have a problem with it, it just looks odd.Funny,it looks ok now. Smile

But, if you put your cursor after the quote, then it inserts it where the quote is.

It totally depends on if you click into the message before you click color.l Otherwise, the system will put it in front of the quote. Hope this helps you out.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:I was able to duplicate it.

If you just click color after clicking quote, it puts your message before the quote.

But, if you put your cursor after the quote, then it inserts it where the quote is.

It totally depends on if you click into the message before you click color.l Otherwise, the system will put it in front of the quote. Hope this helps you out.
Yeah,that should do it-thanks! Sorry to have caused so much trouble. Smile
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
No worries. Now we all know.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question so ridiculous I can't believe I'm asking it. Luthien_001 4 1,712 February 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Question on Deleting Posts Rayhana 4 1,307 July 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Rayhana
  Question About Links Calli 2 1,036 June 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Last Post: jadegecko
  Question for Webmaster The_Khan 9 1,581 May 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Question for the mods... rudebadger 1 929 November 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Profile question goshmanhescute 1 816 June 12th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Last Post: missferal
  Question Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 5 915 May 16th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Last Post: celeb-galad
  Additional quotes O.B.server 2 549 October 3rd, 2004, 10:30 PM
Last Post: O.B.server
  i have a question . . . very important! midnight_darkness 3 824 September 7th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Question on Ignore Feature? Amethyst Essence 2 671 August 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Amethyst Essence