Where were you *nine* years ago?

Does this look familiar?

[Image: b2bbanner.gif]

I'll tell you one thing - some of our "regulars" were not even in their *teens* five years ago!! :eek:

And me? Well, you cannot imagine how eager I was for this series to debut. I had already placed the wallpaper of Jack and Em in silhouette on my computer.... which in retrospect was pretty funny, given that they were wearing costumes they never really wore in the show, holding types of swords they never used either. Those early publicity pics would imply that Em was as much of a swashbuckler as Jack.

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Has it really been five years? What a great show that was. Now we're stuck with shows that have people eating worms, digging for trash, scuttling across rotating cars, and living on farms.
{ *in a Bruce-as-Jack-Stiles-voice* } Brother you said a mouthful!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Let's see...where was I. Probaby sitting in front of the TV watching Jack of All Trades and finding those annoying nitpicks. I found my first one on the season episode, and well, as we all know, it has gone downhill ever since (well, at least the nitpicking :halo: ).

It had some great moments!

Margui
Jack Pack #622
Owner of Jack's Uneaten Sandwiches
Owner of Jack of All Trades Compendium http://www.geocites.com/Area51/Lair/2001...ndium.html
Five years ago.. let's see, that was 2000... so, I was just on the brink of becoming a teenager (a few months from being an "official" teenager), extremely shy and quiet, and not too good with guys... now, five years later, I'm a very mature (sometimes!) young woman who is mere months away from entering college and studying psychology.
"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not.
It looks as they expect, but it is not."
--Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Where was I five years ago? Well... I just caught the show during the last half of the season, so I probably wasn't even watching jack then. I was just seeing the commercials on TV and thinking it looked like an interesting show.
How time flies. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago.
Daaaaaaaaaang...it's been 5 years already?? o_0
Jeeze...I guess being in High School, makes the years go by faster...
I can't remember what I did, but I do remember what I haven't experienced or just developing my skills...

Drive
March
TKD kicks
Play flute
Show compassion...just a little more...hahaha! XD
:chinese:"Confucious say:
You go to jail, bad boi."

:drink:Russell Peters = Comic Genius :clap:
Let's see....5 years ago. So it would have been my first year of high school. Meeting August and everybody else was what I was doing...and being obsessed with Xena too!!!
So this week marks both the beginning and the end of Jack....the week of Jan. 17th (a full week or more later for those whose local stations aired the show on Saturdays) marks the 6th anniversary of the premiere... and this week is of course the 5th anniversary of whenever the last rerun (presumably of "70 Brides") was shown, prior to the 1-hour Cleo eps kicking in.
WAAAAAAAAAAH! I miss my JOAT!
"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not.
It looks as they expect, but it is not."
--Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
My god six years seems like such along time ago. Me, six years ago, I was drunk. Drunk on a half god and his little side kick, and madly obcessed by a Warrior Princess and her lovely companion with the stick. Like so many I to was looking foward to Jack of all Trades. Sadly none of the UK TV networks took Jack abord, so I have never seen it, weres the DVDs?. But I did have the pleaser of seeing Cleopatra 2525.

Why most have moved on, and to a point I to have, I still have a place in my hart for Hercules, Xena and Cleopatra. I have kicked off 2006 by watching Hercules from the begining, and will never ever forget the joy those simple shows bought to my life. It was the best time of my life to date.
[SIZE="3"]And yes...it has indeed been..... seven years!!![/SIZE]
Where's the pic from the original post?
Hmmm...good question - the host site must be down or something...let me play around with this a bit....

ed. to add: OK, image fixed!
It is indeed...the 8th anniversary.....
Eight years ago I had no idea who Bruce Campbell was and Jack of all Trades was only an entry in the tv guide being shown on stations that my family did not get. :fright: So I'm kind of a late bloomer into the fold. Jack of all Trades was the first series that I saw on dvd starring Bruce and well the rest is history. I have almost all of his movies and tv series on DVD. Jack of all Trades being my favorite. Of course anything Bruce Campbell is in, in my opinion, is going to be good. Smile

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where were you *23* years ago? (the answer: watching Back 2 Back Action!) august 66 8,976 January 24th, 2023, 07:48 AM
Last Post: august
  22 years of Xena Warrior Princess :O august 6 1,144 September 18th, 2017, 10:33 AM
  Sam + Rob's "The Possession" (formerly Dibbuk Box) opens 8/31 (after 8 years!) Tobias 7 1,568 September 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Bruce Campbell reflects on the Evil Dead, 30 years later, in the LA Times august 0 643 September 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
  Darien Takle's message to the fans after 9/11, ten years later august 0 681 September 12th, 2011, 07:34 PM
  Xena Online Resources is 11 years old Michael 0 832 July 24th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Bailey, Melody, Strife and August discuss "Truth Be Told" - 2 years ago! august 11 878 March 28th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Lexx_Luthor
  2 years since Kevin Smith's death bigROCfan 1 482 February 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
  It has been 10 years ----TEN YEARS!!! shambalayogi 17 1,205 January 21st, 2004, 04:37 PM
Last Post: gemini0521
  Ten years ago today... gemini0521 12 770 September 26th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Last Post: brandy